Sambar is a traditional South Indian lentil stew. It is served as an independent dish or as a complex sauce for boiled rice. In this case, a sambar for the enrichment of color and taste is prepared with the addition of vegetables and spices.Continue reading
60 minutes of cooking time
Chicken (chicken breast) 1 pc.
Pumpkin 200 g
Cottage cheese 5%- 500 g
Pumpkin- 400 g
Rice flour- 2 tbsp
Cornstarch- 2 tbsp
Eggs- 2 pcs
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Pumpkin is a very nutritious fruit (oddly enough, pumpkin is not a vegetable), rich in antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. In addition, low-calorie foods contain a lot of beta-carotene and potassium.Continue reading
Pumpkin: 150 g.
Corn flour: 70 g.
Flour / wheat flour: 130 g
Wheat bran: 25 g.Continue reading
Nutritional value per serving
Calories from fat: 171
Total Fat: 19 g (29%)
Saturated Fat: 5g (25%)
Sodium: 9 mg (0%)Continue reading
Pumpkin seed oil is also called “black” or “green” gold because of its beneficial properties and high cost. Pumpkin oil is used not only for medicinal purposes, the dishes cooked with it have a distinctive taste and aroma.
Pumpkin seed oil contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, P, PP, phospholipids, carotenoids, tocopherols, flavonoids, as well as iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, potassium, calcium and other useful elements. The main advantage of pumpkin oil is the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids: vitamin F, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
Why is it good to eat pumpkin seed oil
- Pumpkin oil affects the processes of digestion and assimilation of useful substances from incoming products. It contains many unsaturated fatty acids, flavonoids, phospholipids, which improve the composition of bile and help it in time to separate and participate in the processes of digestion. Pumpkin oil restores the functions of the liver and relieves inflammation on this organ. When gastritis and ulcer pumpkin oil helps to heal wounds and normalize the level of acidity. Pumpkin seed oil is a mild laxative.
- It is very useful for the work of the heart and the integrity of the blood vessels. It also neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals, protects the cardiovascular system from the disorders that they can cause. Included in the oil vitamins and trace elements help to normalize heart rate. And unsaturated fatty acids strengthen the walls of blood vessels and prevent blood flow to clog.
- Pumpkin seed oil is effective in treating both acute and chronic respiratory inflammations – it has a mild antitussive and expectorant effect.
- This oil is used both externally and inward. It helps to treat various diseases and violations of the integrity of the skin, promotes healing of wounds, reduce allergic reactions, redness and rash.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a great helper to immunity. It increases the body’s resistance to infections and viruses, reduces the intensity of the course of chronic diseases, thereby relieving the immune system.
- Oil helps the genitourinary system to work without failures. It has a mild diuretic effect and combats inflammatory processes that provoke kidney disease.
- It helps with eye diseases: relieves puffiness, fatigue, improves visual acuity, strengthens the retina.
- Pumpkin seed oil, just like pumpkin seed, is a long-known antihelminthic. To get rid of parasites should drink pumpkin oil a teaspoon twice a day – half an hour before meals or an hour after.
- Pumpkin oil is used in the recovery after chronic diseases, surgical interventions – the course of oil consumption can last about a year.
- This oil is very beneficial for men’s health. It relieves inflammation and has an antitumor effect, and also has a positive effect on erection and sperm production.
- Pumpkin seed oil is recommended for the child’s diet: from the first days of a child’s life outwardly against diaper rash, redness, irritation, bites. And with the introduction of complementary foods and vegetable fats, pumpkin seed oil can be added to cereals and salads.
- Pumpkin oil helps with brittle nails, hair loss and will cause the skin to look healthy: removes redness. It evens facial tone, improves metabolic processes in skin tissues, protects against harmful radicals and slows down aging processes.
However, there are some side effects, namely:
• frequent stools;• rarely, but allergies are possible;
• Especially carefully it is necessary to take oil with calculous cholecystitis, as it can provoke the release of stones;
• harmful for diabetes.
Of course, pumpkin seed oil is very useful, but be prudent – consult with your doctor before use, because this product should be taken strictly by prescription, not exceeding the dosage.
How to choose a natural pumpkin oil? To do this, you should pay attention to the following:
• its real color should be dark green, and if you look at a different angle, it can cast a dark red or dark brown color;
• must be thick and without a particularly pronounced smell;
• must not be bitter.
Pumpkin seed oil contains a large amount of easily digestible proteins, macro- and microelements (over 50), minerals, vitamins and other biologically active substances that contribute to a beneficial effect on the human body as a whole, as well as on its immune system. That is why pumpkin seed oil is far from the last place, both in traditional medicine and in the practice of modern nutritionists and cosmetologists.
60 minutes/ 20 servings/ 31 kcal
Pumpkin (butternut) 1 kg
Juice (apple or orange) ¾ cup
Ginger (ground) 2 tsp.
Cinnamon 2 tsp
Nutmeg 1 tsp
Clove 2-3 pcs.
Sweetener (honey or agave syrup) to taste
- Peel the pumpkin and peel the seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Grind in a blender to a state of mashed potatoes with juice.
- Mix the prepared mashed potatoes with spices in a large saucepan. Add honey, maple syrup or agave syrup to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until the jam thickens. Stir constantly.
5. Put the jam in jars and store in the refrigerator.