The myth that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating right is expensive, has existed for a long time. And indeed: buying red caviar is much more expensive than pollock caviar, buying potatoes is cheaper than avocados, attending classes in the gym with a trainer is much more expensive than doing videos yourself at home. But, if you think about it, you can eat right and be in excellent physical shape without emptying your wallet to zero.Continue reading
Diseases and ailments are constant companions of the elderly. Exercise will help restore health without medication. Regular exercises will improve well-being, restore the joy of life and stop the aging process.Continue reading
And so today we will work on the muscles of the arms and shoulders, because if we focus only on a taut and pumped figure excluding the hands, the image as a whole will turn out to be not harmonious and not proportional. Therefore, I present to your attention effective exercises for arms with dumbbells specifically for women. This set of exercises will help to tone the muscles of the hands, give them a light relief. Exercises involve both the biceps and the triceps that are often lagging behind the girls, as well as the shoulders.Continue reading
Riding a bike and exercise bike for weight loss is one of the most controversial ways to lose weight. Some admirers write enormous reviews about how a miracle bike helped them lose weight by a certain amount of kilograms and put their figure in order, while omitting the history of their nutrition and parallel power loads. Others leave angry comments that the exercise bike for losing weight at home is an absolutely useless thing, often those who use the exercise bike only as a hanger for clothes think so. So, where is the middle ground and how to use an exercise bike and a bike for weight loss, first things first.Continue reading
The calories that we burn in an hour are a good indicator of how intense weight loss is. But the most important thing is that you enjoy it and do it regularly.
When you enter a new regime, trying to get in shape, you are often looking for what you really like and what will have a positive effect on your health and fitness. Of course, nutrition is one of the important factors in losing weight, but the calories we burn per hour are a good indicator of how intense the exercise is.
What is Bulgarian split squat
All of you are probably familiar with the attacks. I think this is one of the favorite exercises for girls, because of the wonderful properties of forming elastic hips and buttocks. Bulgarian squat is a modification of the usual attacks and has even more wonderful properties! After all, the load is emphasized on the front foot. No wonder the English singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor loves him so much!Continue reading
What is this exercise?
This is a basic exercise for the legs. Lunges effectively pump muscles, so many women and men include them in their training programs. A variety of options allows you to focus on different muscle groups.
What muscles work?
Quadriceps, hip biceps and buttocks are the main burden. Broad attacks better pump the back of the thigh and buttocks, and narrow – the front surface of the thigh. Lateral lunges will strengthen the inner thighs.
Additionally, the press, stabilizing muscles and extensor muscles of the spine are included.
Benefit and harm
Exercise is highly effective for pumping the lower half of the body. Increased endurance, develops flexibility and coordination of movements. Also improves the work of the pelvic organs, which is useful for men and women.
However, the exercise is very stressful to the knee joints and lower back, therefore, with the wrong technique, they can easily be injured.
You can not do lunges in diseases of the knees, spine, heart and varicose veins.
The correct technique of implementation and variations exercises
Traditional forward attacks are performed as follows:
- Place the barbell on the shoulders in the trapezoid area and fix it with your hands so that the bar does not slide down.
- Keep your back straight and flex your waist a little.
- With one foot, step forward and get down to the floor, bending your knees to 90 degrees (the body is vertical, the back knee almost touches the floor).
- Powerfully exhale, straighten your knees and set your front foot level with the back.
- Similarly, repeat the lunge for the other leg.
Not necessarily every repetition to change the rack. You can first do all the repetitions on one foot, and then the same number of repetitions on the other. For mass gain, it will be even better. Constantly changing stands allows you to burn more calories.
You can hold the barbell on the chest next to the neck. In this case, the spine is less loaded, and the front of the thigh is better worked out.
To perform this option, you will need some kind of stand, a platform with a height of 10-20 cm. It will increase the amplitude of movements, and you can work out the buttocks better.
- Starting position – the hands hold the neck on the shoulders, one foot pushed forward and stands on the platform.
- When inhaling, go down, stretching the gluteal muscles.
- On the exhale, return to the original position.
Dynamic attacks well burn calories. However, it takes a lot of free space, because with each repetition you move one step further. Do not use large weights, otherwise in dynamic mode it will be difficult to maintain balance.
- Place the neck on the shoulders in the trapezoid area and fix it with your hands so that it does not slide down.
- With your right foot, step forward and drop to the floor, bending your knees to 90 degrees.
- As you exhale, straighten your knees, stand up and take a wide step with your left foot so that she is one step ahead of her right. Repeat the lunge.
- Moving your legs like that, walk around the room.
The difference from the traditional is that the attacks are done backwards. This slight difference makes the exercise safer for the knees, reducing the strain on the joints.
The technique is otherwise similar:
- Rod on the shoulders, feet shoulder-width apart, shoulder blades reduced.
- When inhaling with your left foot, step back and bend your knees to the floor.
- On the exhale, rise and hold the left foot to the right.
- Similarly, repeat the lunge for the other leg.
When performing this option, the inner and outer part of the thigh is also pumped through, but without good stretching, the exercise is difficult to perform.
- Initial position. – feet shoulder width, barbell on the shoulders.
- With one foot, step to the side and, bending it at the knees, go down to the parallel of the thigh with the floor. At the same time the pelvis stretches back.
- Then go up and repeat with the other leg.
Here, the load is focused on large muscles, but at the same time, small stabilizer muscles are not included in the work, since there is no need to keep balance. The trajectory of movement is set by the machine, and the load can be stopped in any position. All this reduces the risk of injury. I recommend this option for beginners, as well as if there are problems in the joints.
It is performed like reverse lunge:
- Set the neck on your back and hold it with your hands.
- Remove the barbell from the stops and use one foot to sub-step backwards.
- Bending your knees down to the bottom position.
- On the exhale, pushing forward with your front foot, rise up.
Workout start with a warm-up. Jump rope for 5 minutes or go for a run on the treadmill. Make 2 sets of 20-25 squats and 2 sets of 20 attacks on each other without additional weight.
Below is an example of a workout with a barbell. If you do not have it, do exercises with dumbbells, as they are analogs of the barbell.
- Squats – 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Wide squats in sumo style – 2 to 12.
- Lunges – 3 to 14 repetitions.
- Rising on socks – 3 to 14.
In the gym
- Squats with a barbell – 3 to 12.
- Deadlift in sumo style – 3 to 12.
- Lunges – 3 to 14 repetitions.
- Leg press in the machine – 3 to 12.
At the end of the workout, stretch. To relieve tension from the front of the thigh, bend one leg at the knee and reach with the heel to the buttock. Hold for 30 seconds, and then repeat the same for the other leg. To relieve tension from the back of the thigh and calf, sit on the floor, straighten your legs and, leaning forward, reach the feet with your hands.
Approaches and repetitions
The number of approaches varies from 3 to 5. The more approaches, the longer the body will recover after exercise.
In bodybuilding when training for weight is performed on 9-12 repetitions.
For girls and women, it is usually more important to burn those extra calories to become slim. I recommend them to do 14-18 repetitions.
For beginners, the best is 11-14 reps.
Choose your working weight so that you can complete all reps in the approach. Therefore, for 15 repetitions, it will be less than 9.
However, when you only master the exercise, take a weight with which you can perform 20-25 repetitions. This will prevent injury.
To protect your knees, you can use compression kneecaps, and to protect your lower back you can use a fixing belt.
- Carrying the front of the knee on the big toe. This causes damage to the joint.
- Peel off the heel of the forefoot.
- Wagging anterior knee left to right. Injured joint.
- Tilt your head down. This makes it difficult to keep your back straight. Look strictly forward.
- The back leg takes the main load, although it should be the other way around.
The back muscles are the second largest muscle group in the human body. It height is extremely important for those who want to become larger. It is the development of the so-called wings that gives the male figure the much-desired V-shape. The gym has all the conditions for this, but not everyone has the opportunity to attend it.
The reasons for intensively training the back are much more than it might seem at first glance:
- A strong back is always a healthy spine, and therefore all body systems.
- Training this very large muscle group will allow you to burn a significant amount of subcutaneous fat and increase the total energy consumption of the body.
- Developed latissimus dorsi muscles form the very classic V-shaped silhouette of the figure, which is considered the reference for both men and women.
Basic principles of home workouts
- Classes should be held regularly 2 times a week. More often – it makes no sense: the muscle group will not have time to recover. Less is also not worth it – the results will not be able to feel.
- Exercises for training the muscles of the back should be performed in 3 sets – 12-15 repetitions each. Over time, when the ability to feel each involved and tense part of the body comes, we must proceed to the principle of work until “refusal” – that is, to carry out the approach until the last 1-2 repetitions have been done through “I cannot”.
- Warming up and articular warm-up are essential elements of training. Embarking on strength exercises, bypassing this stage, traumatic and impractical.
- Complexes of exercises for the back must be alternated from training to training in order to avoid muscle getting used to the nature and plane of the impact of the load.
- Each training should begin with 1-2 basic exercises (when they are performed, 2 or more joints are involved) and end with 1-2 isolating exercises (the muscle on which the emphasis is placed, solo works, 1 joint is involved).
How to pump up the muscles of the back?
You need to highlight a few points that directly affect the effectiveness of training:
Equipment. For each exercise, it is different, but knowing the functions of the muscles, a person will understand the essence of the movement and avoid many mistakes.
This moment also concerns the muscles of the back. The whole group can be divided into three parts: the lumbar region, the broadest (“wings”) and the trapezium.
The muscles of the lumbar and middle back straighten the spine. The Wings pull the arm back and twist it. A trapezoid brings the shoulder blades to the spinal column, raises and lowers them.
Proceeding from the functions, it can be understood that for pumping the broadest, the main condition of the technology is to bring elbows back. To train a trapezoid, you must shrug your shoulders in a vertical plane. And for training the lower back fit the slopes and extension for the lower back.
Load progression In order to steadily increase muscle volume and develop strength, it is necessary to systematically increase training stress.
Muscles will not grow if working weight, number of approaches and repetitions do not change. So try at each workout to do a little more than the previous one.
Keep a notebook and write into it all that concerns training. How many times tightened, with what weight, how long rested – it all matters.
In home workouts, you can adjust the load with the pace of the exercise. For example, in pull-ups, spend three seconds on lifting and two on lowering. Also increase stress can be an additional repetition or reducing the rest time.
Recovery. Muscles do not grow in training, but during rest. Your task is to provide the body with everything necessary for growth.
First of all, it concerns nutrition. If the goal is to gain weight, then the diet should consist of 40-50% of carbohydrates; 40–45% protein and 5–10% fat. Eat complex carbohydrates: cereals, cereals, pasta from durum wheat. Sources of protein are meat from poultry, animals and fish. Do not forget about vegetables.
Sleep at least 8-10 hours a day. This advice has already turned sour, but has not become less important. In a dream, growth hormone is secreted, healing and strengthening of damaged muscles occurs.
Exercises for the back at home
Unfortunately, exercising at home, you can use a limited set of exercises for the back. To perform them, you need a bar and a pair of collapsible dumbbells.
1. Pull ups.
A classic exercise that works on the latissimus dorsi. At school, we were taught that the main thing – to pull up to the chin. This is not entirely true. To put in the work of “wings”, reach for the crossbar chest.
It does not matter much how high you pull up, it is important to get your elbows back and close the shoulder blades. Therefore, even in a shortened amplitude, the back will work effectively.
Technique exercises. Hang on the horizontal bar and cross your legs. Reach in the lower back and on the exhale tighten up. Imagine that your hands end in elbows and you need to bring them behind your back. This approach will help keep the right technique of movement.
How to take the horizontal bar? The upper grip loads the back muscles more, and the lower one displaces the load on the biceps. Width is also important. The wider you take the crossbar, the more load will receive the “wings”, and already – the more you use your hands.
Tip: if you tighten your thumbs with the thumbs from the top while tightening, the biceps will steal less from the back.
For a back workout, use medium grip, as too wide reduces the amplitude of the movement. Consequently, less time under load and less effective workout.
2.Thrust dumbbells with one hand in the slope.
It works out the broadest and uses the trapezius muscle. Allows you to train lagging areas of the back. To perform the need a bench or a low table.
Technique exercises. Hold the projectile with your left hand while standing on the left side of the table. Place your right knee on the tabletop and put your right hand on it. Bend down to the parallel with the floor, back straight, slightly arched at the waist.
Lower the left arm to the floor, keeping the position of the back. At the lowest point, feel how the broadest muscle stretches. After that, while inhaling, pull the dumbbell to your belt, trying to get your elbow as far as possible behind your back. Repeat this movement a given number of times and immediately proceed to the approach on the right side. It is important to avoid inertia, lower and pull the dumbbell evenly.
3.Dumbbell to the belt in the tilt with two hands.
The basic movement to train the middle and lower part of the “wings”. If we compare it with a barbell to a belt, then, by performing a movement with dumbbells, you can continue to get elbows and reduce the target muscles in a better way.
Technique exercises. Take a dumbbell in each hand, stand up straight. So that during the movement you do not falter, put your legs slightly wider than shoulders. Lean forward to a 45 degree angle. Hands are pointing palms back, hands hanging down the line of the legs. While inhaling, simultaneously tighten the dumbbells to the lower abdomen, reducing the shoulder blades. Hold for a second and return to the starting position.
Just as in the previous exercise, control is important here. Do not jerk, pull dumbbells only at the expense of muscle strength.
4.Pull-up narrow grip – the basis for a deep study of the lower part of the broadest. They are performed similarly to classic pull-ups, with the only difference that the palms are located on the crossbar much closer to each other – the tips of the thumbs should be touching.
5.Hyperextension at home will be an excellent insulating element for the end of the workout. This exercise can be performed without a special machine. To do this, fit a soft sofa or other dense surface, which will be comfortable to arrange the legs and pelvis. Objective: to allow the body to move freely up and down, and fix the legs. From this position, with palms on the back of your head, with your back arched, go down to the lowest point, and then lift your flat back as far as possible upwards without a break
Important nuances for those who want to achieve results quickly
- Do not neglect the stretch at the end of the workout – this not only contributes to the development of muscles, but also minimizes the discomfort after exercise.
- Feeling that the usual load seems to be too easy, it is worth increasing it not at the expense of the number of repetitions in one approach, but at the expense of the available increase in working weight.
- Food quality plays one of the primary roles in the muscle building process. The diet should be saturated with protein (30% of total calories), complex carbohydrates (50%) and “correct” fats from red fish, nuts and vegetable oils (20%).
Now you know how to swing your back at home. A competent approach to training, unconditional regularity and quite a bit of patience – and you will not notice how your back muscles will become strong and pumped up.