What is that
A healthy lifestyle is a value system with which you can bring your life to a whole new level. A healthy lifestyle allows you to:
- Significantly improve your health. Prevent most age-related diseases.
- Look and feel much better than your peers. At 60, a person who adheres to HLS will feel the same way as our average compatriot feels at 30.
- Increase the duration and improve quality of life. A healthy lifestyle is the best way for people who want to live a meaningful, fulfilling, and happy life.
- Make adjustments to the hormonal system. To restore the taste for life, to restore the desire to live.
- Build muscle, lose weight and significantly improve your appearance.
- Get rid of gastrointestinal problems, cleanse the skin, and cure diseased joints.
- Get rid of excess spending on things that harm your health.
- To acquire a new, more effective worldview.
A healthy lifestyle is a system that is divided into the following components:
- A healthy diet with which you can improve your health, increase energy and restore your taste for life.
- Physical activity for fun. Jogging and light training with a gradual improvement in body shape are the main components of physical activity in the management of a healthy lifestyle.
- Rejection of bad habits. Nicotine, alcohol, and other addictions have no place in the life of a healthy lifestyle devotee.
- Self-development. A healthy lifestyle includes mental and physical self-development.
- Change in worldview.
In the narrow sense of a healthy lifestyle is a rejection of bad habits, a healthy diet, and physical activity. Today we consider a healthy lifestyle in the broad sense of the expression. After reading this article, you can increase not only physical but also mental comfort.
It is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. Healthy nutrition as part of the healthy lifestyle has the following goals:
- The return of taste to life. Excessively tasty food reduces the sensitivity of “pleasure receptors” and provokes the release of dopamine – the hormone of happiness, which is the main motivator for any life achievement. Junk food creates unhealthy thoughts that you can get rid of by changing your diet.
- Boost energy. The body stops spending excessive amounts of energy on poorly digested food, which allows you to release the available energy outside. With the help of new energy, you can arrange your personal life, earn money or get closer to realizing any of your goals.
- Getting rid of problems with the digestive tract and skin. The gastrointestinal tract with unhealthy nutrition is constantly overloaded, which leads to constant abdominal pain, heaviness, and drowsiness after eating. Accumulated toxins are excreted through the skin. Acne appears. Healthy eating saves you from these problems.
Physical activity in the framework of a healthy lifestyle is divided into two types:
- Aerobic activity. This term means running, jumping rope, and other types of non-power work. Aerobic exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle is non-intense – running and jumping rope are needed to maintain a good mood and high energy. With a light jog (15-30 minutes), most followers of HLS begin their day.
- Anaerobic activity. Work for the implementation of which oxygen-free methods of muscle work are used. This is strength training, with which you can build muscle and change the proportion of the figure. Strength work as part of a healthy lifestyle is also not overly intensive. This is not bodybuilding, which many bodybuilders tune in to as the last in their life. Strength training in the style of a healthy lifestyle involves the use of the principle of progression of loads, but you do not need to work to exhaustion.
A healthy lifestyle poses the following tasks for physical activity:
- Maintaining a good mood and a positive outlook EVERY DAY! Scientists conducted a survey according to which most “morning runners” said that if they had the ultimatum “running in the morning or sex,” they would prefer to abandon sexual pleasures. To such an incomprehensible, from the point of view of the layman, the survey participants came up with the action of the hormone neurotransmitter dopamine. The level of this hormone of pleasure and motivation rises with a leisurely run for 15-30 minutes and is maintained at an elevated level throughout the day. Bottom line: everyday jogging is the way to a happy life.
- Correction of a figure. The combination of aerobic and anaerobic training allows you to lose weight, build muscle, remove imbalances and cope with any task. Healthy eating and regular training are a guarantee of building a gorgeous body!
- Rejuvenation. Regular training can make every young and fit person. Among adherents of a healthy lifestyle, many notice an attractive gleam in their eyes. The man seems to glow from the inside. And it really “glows”, because thanks to the high level of dopamine, both men and women, at any age and condition, seem younger and more attractive!
Rejection of bad habits
Bad habits are superfluous things that:
- Worsen your health. Smoking, alcohol, drugs, playing computer games for 8 hours a day and other addictions permanently worsen your health, reduce the quantity and worsen the quality of your life. Ask yourself: are the moments of imaginary happiness worth the lost possibilities of your only life?
- They take the money and harm your physical or emotional health. Not only smoking or alcohol but also unhealthy foods and even parasitic people who undermine your faith in yourself and your abilities can be a bad habit under this item.
- Limit your capabilities. The thought “Take care of the healthy lifestyle from the new year” or “put off this business for tomorrow” are bad habits that must be eradicated from your life.
Take a piece of paper and a pen. Write down on this leaflet all bad habits that fit the above criteria. Plan the timing of getting rid of every bad habit. We do not recommend switching to a “total healthy lifestyle” instantly – such sharpness will lead to multiple decreases in the concentration of hormones of happiness, which will ultimately lead to a breakdown. Give up one bad habit every 2-3 weeks.
For example, you counted 10 bad habits. This means that it will take 20-30 weeks or 5-7.5 months to completely get rid of your “jambs”.
In today’s world, to move forward you need to run, not go forward. The modern world throws to the sidelines everyone who refuses to develop. A successful, healthy person becomes the only one who, in his speed of development, exceeds the speed of the whole world. A healthy lifestyle is the choice of most successful people who understand this axiom. Self-development in the framework of healthy lifestyles allows you to achieve these goals:
- Constantly improve your standard of living. This applies to both material wealth and the subjective feeling of happiness.
- Have more opportunities than others. Self-development in your professional field allows you to perform work tasks with maximum efficiency with minimum time costs. A specialist who does not develop spends all his day and all energy on solving an easy task. With the help of self-development, you can solve the same problem in 20 minutes and spend 0.5% of the available energy. Self-development in any field is the shortest way to achieve success and enjoy the process.
- Become an independent, interesting person.
A healthy lifestyle in the narrow sense of the term is the self-development of the body. We expand this concept to “self-development of the body and spirit.” HLS is an opportunity to live a long and high-quality life at the maximum of its capabilities!
A healthy lifestyle significantly changes your worldview. Adherents of healthy lifestyles note such changes in their own worldview:
- Positive outlook. A person begins not only to look positively at the same things, but also to attract positive changes. The reason for these changes is a multiple increase in the sensitivity of pleasure hormone receptors, high sensitivity to which allows you to get a constant feeling of happiness.
- The emergence of critical thinking. The complex of measures to switch to healthy lifestyle develops your physical and mental abilities. A person becomes more independent and sober in his judgments. A healthy lifestyle increases the efficiency of your daily activities.
- Understanding the lack of boundaries. Yesterday, you exhausted the body with smoking, alcohol and poor food with the idea that such a lifestyle can bring the maximum amount of pleasure, and today you are running 10 km and you are simply torn from the overwhelming feeling of happiness from every step. There comes an understanding that even the current excellent condition can be improved. Planning and performing actions within the framework of a healthy lifestyle every day gives more and more pleasure, erasing the old boundaries. Do you want to live freely and have maximum pleasure? Turn to healthy lifestyle, not alcohol and cigarettes!
The arsenal of a healthy lifestyle has special procedures that strengthen the body, increase immunity, and also add variety and pleasure to the life of any fan of a healthy lifestyle. Among them:
- Contrast douche. The use of hot and cold douches alternately trains the cardiovascular system and increases the sensitivity of dopamine receptors. This procedure also allows you to wake up and discard negative emotions. Caution: Before using contrasting douches, make sure that there are no serious pathologies with the heart. Consult your doctor about the appropriateness of using a douche specifically for your case.
For example, we fill 2 basins with water. In one basin is water at a temperature of 2 degrees. In the other – 50-55 degrees. Pour a basin of cold water onto ourselves, then immediately pour hot water over it. This procedure can be repeated up to 5 times a day.
- Cold and hot shower. The effect of a contrast shower is similar to the benefits of dousing.
- Swimming in the hole. Winter swimming allows you to heal the body and increase the sensitivity of dopamine receptors. Before bathing in winter, check your heart condition! The cardiovascular system of a healthy person is strengthened by bathing in the winter, while for a sick person this procedure may be fatal.
- Massage, yoga, and other procedures that increase the level of satisfaction with life and you like.
Healthy lifestyle. Valuable recommendations
The following recommendations will allow you to switch to a healthy lifestyle without unnecessary problems, as well as increase the effectiveness of a healthy lifestyle:
- Do not stop working on your worldview. Depending on your perception of the surrounding reality, a healthy lifestyle can be both a pleasure and a source of negativity. A person for whom the main joy is alcohol, cigarettes, and empty burning of life, simply does not see the pleasure that a healthy lifestyle devotee receives from leading an effective healthy lifestyle. For example, a person who grew up in the jungle cannot understand all the charms of human civilization. For him, the jungle is the top of development, the “ceiling”, which is impossible to overcome. People who consciously destroy their bodies are in the same “jungle” – they do not understand how else it can be filled in this life. Only work on your worldview allows you to overcome the “jungle complex” and take your life to a new level.
- Fitness should be added to a healthy lifestyle. Fitness is not only the improvement and improvement of body condition but also the ability to enjoy from healthy sources. Alcohol, cigarettes, high-calorie foods – all bad habits lead to the release of dopamine (the hormone of happiness and motivation), which should be released only in response to biologically beneficial actions. Man deceives nature, receives an undeserved drug, and suffers from it. When the drug disappears, withdrawal begins – the suffering doubles, as the level of pleasure hormones decreases sharply. Fitness, along with the transition to a healthy lifestyle, allows you to change the source of the hormones of happiness to one that leads to joy, not suffering in the long run. Productive physical activity increases dopamine levels and increases the chances of a successful switch to a healthy lifestyle.
- Do not be afraid to use sports nutrition to achieve your goals. Sports nutrition is a harmless opportunity to progress in fitness or bodybuilding, which prevents our psyche from going crazy with a decrease in the number of pleasure hormones in the first days after giving up bad habits. The more noticeable the progress, the greater the pleasure of new activities. So it’s easier to give up bad habits.
- Sports and outdoor activities along with family or friends also help to move to a new lifestyle. The emphasis of the psyche is shifting from a harmful, ineffective lifestyle to new hobbies that allow you to make new friends, improve relationships with family and friends. In our practice, there are cases when the heads of a man who has been drinking for years the well-being of their family, after one trip to the mountains with his wife and children, changed beyond recognition. They tried a new “taste”, understood the wretchedness of their past life, realized the number of opportunities in a new, healthy life, and forever tied up with bad habits.
- Work on the hormonal system. The methods that are listed in the link above will do. Feel the changes after the work is done – continue in the same spirit, live a full life, and do not return to the old existence. If practical methods for setting up the hormonal system have not yielded results, take hormone tests, go through the necessary examinations. One minor disease that lowers testosterone levels can make a man’s entire life lethargic, lethargic, and pointless. The “trick” of the hormonal system is that a sluggish and lethargic man, because of the lack of necessary hormones, “does not see” the opportunity to lead a full, energetic and healthy lifestyle.
- Men can use martial arts to raise testosterone levels and improve hormonal performance. Martial arts develop masculinity, willpower, and the ability to deal with one’s weaknesses. They also serve as entertainment that helps relieve stress after a hard-working week. But martial arts are only for real men. Only for those men who wish to lead a strong lifestyle.
- Team sports and other events that force building relationships with people make it easier to switch to a healthy lifestyle. Building relationships with people is one of the most “dopamine-containing” actions that block the “effect of fake happiness” from bad habits.
- Sports exercises that you can perform at home also help release hormones of pleasure. Simple physical exercises performed without fanaticism, but on an ongoing basis, increase the level of hormones of joy due to the following properties:
- Physical activity is regarded by the body as a biologically beneficial effect. In response to the exercise, the body releases a small portion of the hormones of pleasure.
- Progress in improving appearance and health is changing the worldview of a person due to the release of a huge amount of pleasure hormones into the blood.
How to switch to a healthy lifestyle?
To systematize the acquired knowledge on a healthy lifestyle.
- Go to a healthy lifestyle without disruption and a feeling of dissatisfaction.
- Smoothly get rid of bad habits without “breaking” and the desire to return to the previous lifestyle.
- Make the process of transition to a healthy lifestyle interesting and enjoyable.
This system is based on an understanding of the functioning of the human hormonal system, the features of which are responsible for certain habits.
Your step-by-step system for switching to a healthy lifestyle looks like this:
- The first step is to get rid of the main bad habit, which causes the greatest dependence. This is the most difficult step, as a reduction in dopamine levels will be significant. The place of the main bad habit on the same day should be taken by a healthy habit, the consolidation of which also leads to an increase in the level of dopamine. For example, you quit smoking and do a 20-minute run on the same day. If the addiction is too strong, then add something that you like, but not too unhealthy. Smoking (alcohol, drugs) on this day we quit once and for all!
- After 2 weeks of life in such a schedule, we add strength activity to jogging. The transition to serious power work is done gradually:
- We train at home with our own body weight for 2-4 weeks.
- For 1-3 months, we work at home and on horizontal bars. The horizontal bar-bars can be bought home or found on the sports ground.
- After 3 months, we buy a gym membership. To work with the horizontal bar and bars, add exercises with a barbell and dumbbells.
- After 5 months, we are engaged in a lightweight program using the bodybuilding principle of load progression.
- After 3 weeks, we give up the second bad habit. On this day, add one developmental mechanism.
- After 5 weeks, we are reviewing the diet. We focus on the text of this material. We switch to a healthy diet according to the algorithm indicated in the link. On this day, add contrasting douche, the use of which not only improves your health but also increases the level of dopamine.
- After 6 weeks, we give up another bad habit. On this day, add another developmental mechanism.
We continue to root a healthy lifestyle using this algorithm.