Maybe you are a vegetarian and are considering moving to a new, more advanced level of nutrition, or you have eaten meat all your life, but decided to change your diet and switch to plant foods … In any case, veganism is a very serious life change. This is more than just abandoning animal products. The body will encounter certain changes, but do not worry, these are natural and normal processes. Let’s get to know them:Continue reading
Everyone knows that vegetarianism as a way of eating excludes animal products from the diet. But most of us have a vague idea of what a raw food diet is. Meanwhile, the answer is obvious. A raw food diet is a way of eating that excludes the consumption of all foods cooked at temperatures above 42 °. Nevertheless, in that case or in another case, the diet is built on the basis of the same principles, we will analyze …Continue reading
100 g steamed long-grain rice
1 medium squash
400 g petiole celery
2 small stalks of leek
2 cloves of garlic
juice of half a lemon
1 small bunch of mint
1 liter of vegetable broth
Fasolada is one of the popular soups of Greek and Cypriot cuisines. This is probably the easiest dish to cook, which blends perfectly with fresh bread and olives. The main ingredients are very few – beans, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes and olive oil. The Greeks call beans “caviar of the poor.” But even ceasing to be poor, the Greeks could not wean from their beloved fasolada. Very tasty, hearty and nutritious soup. And, of course, very useful!Continue reading
Soy milk is one of the most popular and healthy herbal drinks in the world. But it is not so easy to find really tasty and healthy milk in the store, so we will teach you to cook it at home.Continue reading
1 medium carrot (as an option you can do with a pumpkin, about 250 g)
3/4 tbsp. pitted raisins
1 tbsp. applesauce (about 200 g)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp sodaContinue reading
Raw food carrot cake
Ingredients for the dough
Carrots – 3 pcs. large size;
Dates – 10 pcs. medium size;
Walnuts – 6 tbsp.;
Raisin – 1 tbsp. with a slide;
Coconut oil – 0.5 tbsp;
Spices dry, ground: cinnamon, ginger.
Ingredients for cream
Cashews – 200 g;
Coconut oil – 1.5 tbsp.
Coconut milk – 7 tbsp.;
Honey – 2.5 tbsp;
Lemon juice – 1-2 tsp.
Prepare the ingredients by soaking them in clean drinking water:
- Cashews – for 3-8 hours (the pomp and tenderness of the cream depends on their moisture content)
- Walnuts – for 1 hour
- Raisin – for 30 minutes.
We start grinding the prepared ingredients in a blender. First, twist the walnuts and peeled carrots (pre-cut it into pieces). Then add dates.
Our goal for dough consistency is moderate density, i.e. a mixture of small pieces – with a fraction of friability.
At the end of the dough, add spices, raisins and coconut oil.
Now let’s do the cream:
Cashew + lemon juice + coconut milk and butter + honey = all ingredients are carefully mashed and whipped in a blender.
If you do not have a powerful blender or a combine, then to get a really delicate cream in a regular kitchen blender, you should keep the cashew in water for at least 12 hours, ideally – 24 hours.
We make a cake
- Divide the dough and cream in half.
- We stamp one half of the dough with a round cake.
- Smear half the cream on the cake.
- Top puts the cake from the second half of the test.
- We coat the entire cake with the remaining cream.
- Decorate with raisins and chopped nuts.
Before serving, cool in the refrigerator – up to 4 hours.
Coconut Raw Food Cake
Coconut chips – 200 g;
Bananas – 4 pcs. large size;
Kiwi – 10 pieces (put off 4 pieces for topping);
Dates – 400 g. Or other dried fruits, especially tasty with raisins and prunes in equal proportions;
Hazelnuts – 200 g or other nuts – from your favorites;
Currants – 10-15 pcs. for decoration.
- Grind water-soaked dates in a blender at high speed. For convenience and speed – pour some water.
- Add soaked nuts to the blender and continue to chop. Our goal is sticky sticky dough.
- From the test mixture, we tamp the cake in a baking mold of medium size (up to 25 cm), we form small sides.
- We clean and grind bananas in a blender.
- Add coconut chips to bananas.
- Half of the resulting fruit and coconut mixture is distributed over the nut cake.
- We clean the kiwi and cut it into beautiful small triangles. Spread the pieces evenly over the banana-coconut mix.
- Spread over the pieces of kiwi the second half of the mixture. It turns out a thin filler layer, as if the pieces of kiwi were mixed in banana-coconut puree.
Decorate the cake on request. After completing the design, put the cake in the fridge – for 4 hours.
Remember that kiwi slices are very beautiful! We can play them with geometry. Especially, if you dilute the juicy green color with burgundy patches of currant berries.
Raw banana cake
Walnuts – 300 g;
Dates – 4 pcs .;
Bananas – 3 pcs (2 per dough, 1 per stuffing);
Coconut chips – optional, for decoration.
- We arm with a blender and twist walnuts + dates + 2 bananas for the dough.
- After the mash for the filling 1 banana.
- We collect a small cake: dough + stuffing + topping from coconut chips.
- Another raw food masterpiece goes to the fridge in order to grasp in 3 hours and be ready for delicious eating!
And now let’s pay a little attention to creative experiments. Kerob fits perfectly into this recipe – for all chocolate taste lovers: add it to the banana filling and topping.
When summer comes, you can make a filling of your favorite berries, for example, from strawberries. In autumn, bananas can be replaced by persimmon (you may need to thicken slightly with nuts, dried apricots or coconut flakes).
In winter – a layer of thawed cherries, cut into semicircles. Look for your ways and new combinations! And then your craving to create culinary masterpieces for raw foodists will not stagnate even in low-hulking raw food cooking.
Raw food cake with nuts and dried fruit
This cake is prepared using the same technology as previous recipes. It contains three layers.
The first layer of cake:
(sunflower seeds + dates) 200 g of each component
The second layer of cake:
(dried apricots + almonds) 200 grams of each component + zest of ½ lemon + lemon juice (1-2 tbsp)
The third layer of cake:
coconut 150 g + almond 200 g + coconut oil 1-2 tbsp. + honey 1 -2 tbsp + lemon juice 1-2 tbsp.
Recall that nuts and seeds should be soaked in water at room temperature for at least 3 hours before cooking, and dried fruits – at least 30 minutes.
We collect the cake, tamping the layers alternately – in the form for baking, greased with vegetable oil, or in a bowl, covered with food film. Put the cake to cool in the fridge for 4 hours.
By the way, this cake is wonderfully stored for a celebration, being cooked the night before. And what a beautiful cut you get by choosing this particular recipe!
Conveniently, you can substitute any of the layers of cake for raw foodists with juicy cream of raw seasonal fruits, which are pureed with a small amount of soft nuts.
It offers strawberries, peaches, nectarines, oranges and currants. You can also experiment with brightly colored vegetables – pumpkin and beetroot. If necessary, sweeten – add honey, and to the beets do not forget about prunes.
Beautifully decorate the cake – not a problem either! For example, slices of kiwi and small triangular slices from a round slice of orange. A delightful contrasting combination of vibrant natural colors!
Walnut – 100 g.
Almond – 200 g
Sesame – 50 g
Flax seeds – 50 g.
Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
Dates – 150 g.
Orange – 2 pcs.
Ground nutmeg – ½ tsp.
Raisin – 100 g
Dried apricots – 50 g
Cardamom – ½ tsp
- Grind walnuts and almonds with a blender. It is necessary that the nuts are crushed to a state of flour.
- Grind sesame and flax with a coffee grinder.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom in a blender to the nuts, mix.
- Transfer the mixture from the blender into a large bowl, and into the blender, load dried apricots and dates (before that, it is better to soak them in warm water for 15 minutes).
- Using a grater, rub the orange zest into the bowl.
- To dates and dried apricots, add the juice of one orange. Crush.
- In a bowl to the nuts shift the mixture of blender and coffee grinder. Stir the dough using a spatula. Add raisins and mix again.
- Form a cake and place it in a form wrapped inside with cling film. Tamp the mass.
- Put the cake in the fridge for an hour. After removing from the form, decorate with poppy seeds, coconut chips, grated nuts.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
0.5 cups fresh or frozen cherries
0.5 cups dried cherries
0.5 cups of raisins
2 tbsp. flaxseed
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp turmeric
0.5 tbsp. coconut oil
a pinch of black pepper
1. All of the listed components must be mixed to obtain a homogeneous mass. Use a blender or food processor.
2. Lay out the mixture in baking tins.
3. Then put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. When serving, muffins can be decorated with chocolate chips or coconut chips.
Coconut Milk from Coconut Chips
Coconut milk has a high content of vitamins, minerals, fiber, essential and non-essential amino acids:
- Vitamins B, A, C, E, PP, K convert proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy, strengthen the nervous and immune systems, improve brain activity and the condition of the skin. Vitamins take care of the health of the mucous membranes, normalize blood pressure, promote the synthesis of hemoglobin, accelerate regeneration processes;
- potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus ensure the proper functioning of the muscles, the transmission of nerve impulses, regulate pressure and blood clotting. Macronutrients activate many enzymes and hormones, restore the activity of the cardiovascular system, increase intestinal motility, the separation of bile and the elimination of harmful cholesterol;
- iron, manganese, copper, selenium and zinc are responsible for normal cellular respiration, participate in the formation of red blood cells, ensure the full function of the reproductive system organs. Trace elements regulate the functions of the nervous system, increase the production of own collagen, stop the growth and spread of abnormal cells;
- essential amino acids help cleanse the liver of toxic compounds, stimulate the production of growth hormones, are necessary for the proper formation of muscle tissue. Useful substances strengthen the immune system, enhance brain activity, slightly reduce the body’s sensitivity to pain and temperature changes;
- Replaceable amino acids are involved in the production of energy and certain hormones, increase the production of antibodies and the synthesis of red blood cells. They normalize the concentration of sugar, improve memory, perception and concentration, struggle with mental disorders.
The benefit and harm of coconut milk is significantly affected by its lauric acid. It reduces the concentration of harmful cholesterol, normalizes the cardiovascular system, increases muscle endurance.
In addition, it maintains the necessary level of energy, helps to burn excess fat deposits, accelerates the healing process of damaged skin. Vegetable fiber, which is also found in coconut milk, is also important. It restores the proper functioning of the digestive tract, slows the absorption of sugar from the blood, reduces the amount of cholesterol, removes toxic compounds, slags and salts of heavy metals from the body. Cellulose prevents the development of cholelithiasis and diabetes, reduces appetite, speeds up the healing of mucous membranes, supports healthy micro flora in the intestines, promotes its cleansing.
Delicate and delicate taste of the product, supported by a list of healing properties. Biologically active components are able to resist viruses, fungi and bacteria, slow down the processes of natural aging, improve the functioning of the digestive tract and the immune system.
Given the benefits and harms of coconut milk, it is recommended to use it to:
- increase the barrier mechanisms of the immune system;
- improve brain activity;
- optimization of the nervous system;
- enhance hemoglobin and prevent iron deficiency anemia;
- stabilization of the balance of hormones;
- reducing the concentration of cholesterol and blood sugar;
- improve the functioning of the digestive system;
- relieving conditions in intestinal diseases and stomach ulcers;
- strengthen the bone system and teeth;
- slowing the aging process;
- improve the condition of the skin;
- normalization of general well-being in asthma, to combat bone diseases associated with their increased fragility;
- destruction of viral, fungal and bacterial infections;
- eliminate chronic fatigue, with loss of strength and general weakness, to prevent depressive state;
- enriching the body with nutrients in avitaminosis;
- prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system, increasing the elasticity of the vascular walls;
- combating urological problems;
- improvement of the reproductive system;
- excretion of excess fluid, toxic substances, slags and excess salts;
- prevent the appearance of malignant neoplasms;
- normalization of the functioning of the thyroid gland;
- restoration of the normal functioning of the body after undergoing chemotherapy, taking antibiotics and prolonged use of drugs that destroy the beneficial microflora.
Coconut milk helps in losing weight. It stimulates the activity of brain receptors that control appetite. The fiber contained in the drink helps to cleanse the body of toxins and slags, normalize the functioning of the large intestine, speed up the metabolism and adjust the stool.
It is also useful to use coconut milk externally. It reduces the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation, prevents the occurrence of sunburn, and evens out a tan.
Tasty product nourishes the skin with valuable components, restores damaged cells, nourishes, moisturizes, protects against drying and loss of moisture. In addition, the regular use of this tool allows to level the micro-relief, get rid of small wrinkles and speed up the healing process of small wounds. Coconut milk has a beneficial effect on the hair. It strengthens curls, prevents them from falling out, returns smoothness and silkiness. Nutrients provide optimal conditioning, relieve dandruff, itching and peeling of the skin of the head.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the use of coconut milk, we must not forget about the possible harm to the body. You should not include it in the diet of people who are prone to allergic reactions, as well as persons with fructose intolerance.
Another contraindication is the child age up to three years.
Drinking large quantities can cause diarrhea, nausea and dyspepsia.
It is wise to use the product with people who have serious heart disease. Drinking a drink can provoke a heart rhythm disturbance and an increase in blood pressure.
It is worth saying that coconut milk is allowed to drink to people with lactose intolerance. Therefore, it is possible to replace the habitual cow’s milk with a very tasty product with a delicate taste. Finding a truly high-quality drink is quite difficult. The long shelf life of canned coconut milk may indicate that toxic stabilizers and preservatives were used to produce it. Such a product is unlikely to have beneficial properties and can be harmful to health. Therefore, it is worth buying milk only from reputable manufacturers. In addition, you can cook it yourself.
To coconut milk has a beneficial effect on the entire body, do not abuse the product.
An adult needs to drink it once every three days, 100 milliliters. Small children are allowed 50 milliliters per week. It should be introduced gradually, tracking the possible allergic reaction.
Coconut milk, I use when preparing smoothies and desserts, sauces or soups. It tastes good with meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
coconut chips – 150 g
boiling water – 500 ml
Coconut chips pour 250 ml of boiling water and insist two hours.
Then sodden coconut shavings, without pouring water, send it to the blender and break through it in less than a minute.
Then the resulting mass is squeezed through several layers of gauze.
The remaining coconut cake, I again pour 250 ml of boiling water, insist an hour, again I punch everything in a blender and again I pass through several layers of gauze.
The result is half a liter of wonderful coconut milk.
Coconut milk is stored in the refrigerator for only two days. During storage it is divided into fractions, it is necessary to mix it before use.
And the remaining cake, you can lay out a thin layer on a baking sheet and dry in the oven. Further, as usual to use in recipes
Almond milk, compared to cow’s milk, contains 8 times less protein and 150 times less calcium, but in spite of this, today it is becoming more and more popular. This is explained by the fact that almond milk has many useful properties and as a part of it has a large number of various beneficial elements in high concentration. Among them are manganese, copper, magnesium, selenium and vitamins B, D and E, and much more. According to the content of vitamins and beneficial elements, it is ahead of soy and rice.
What you need to know about almond milk
Almond Milk Benefits
It helps regulate weight. One glass of almond drink contains no more than 60 calories, which is 1.5 times less than in the fat-free and 2.5 times less than in whole cow’s milk.
Maintaining normal heart function. This drink is completely free of cholesterol and saturated fats, while it contains a small amount of sodium and a lot of beneficial omega-acids, which helps normalize blood pressure and protect the heart from the onset of certain diseases or their development.
Strong bones and teeth. Even despite the fact that almond milk has a much lower calcium content than cow’s milk, it is also possible to get a daily rate (30% in one cup), while it contains a quarter of the daily intake of vitamin D required for calcium absorption and strengthening immunity.
Healthy skin. Almond milk contains half the daily intake of vitamin E, which is extremely beneficial to the skin. It not only accelerates the regeneration of the skin and combats aging, but also protects the skin from the negative effects of UV rays.
Does not affect blood sugar. Almond drink contains a low amount of carbohydrates, and therefore does not cause sharp fluctuations in blood sugar levels. It is characterized by a low glycemic index, which reduces the likelihood of a disease such as diabetes.
Strengthening muscle tissue. Even despite the low protein content in almond milk, it has a positive effect on strengthening the muscles, since it contains a large amount of iron and vitamin B, contributing to their growth and strengthening.
It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. This is due to sufficient fiber content in almond milk for normal digestion.
Lactose is absent. An impressive number of people do not tolerate lactose, which makes it impossible for them to get useful substances contained in milk. In almond milk, there is no lactose, which allows anyone to drink it, it is easily digested and does not lead to problems with digestion.
Helps to preserve vision. This drink contains a sufficient amount of vitamin A, which has a positive effect on vision. It also helps the eyes quickly and painlessly rebuild from bright lighting to dull and vice versa …
Almond Milk Harm
Like any other product, almond milk can cause side effects.
It should not be given to infants, as well as cow, as they are unable to replace breast milk. Drinking almond drink by young children can cause them to have an allergic reaction to nuts in the future.
Some manufacturers of this drink add carrageenan (food supplement extracted from red algae) as a stabilizer, but recent studies have shown that it is unsafe for humans – it can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, and also aggravate coronary heart disease, ulcers and disease Crown. Carrageenan has already been banned as a dietary supplement for baby food, but it is still used in adult products, so it is recommended to use it with caution and in small doses.
Cooking Almond Milk
Soak 60 grams of almond at night, he should stand in drinking water for at least 8 hours.
Drain all the water, rinse the nuts thoroughly and put them in a blender. Add 250 ml of pure water to the almonds, and punch well until smooth.
You can add a pinch of sea salt, it works here as a taste enhancer.
You can put a couple of middle-sized dates without pits, they will give sweetness and almond milk, to taste, it will become quite similar to cow’s.
Punch again and strain through a fine sieve or several layers of gauze.
Oatmeal Milk Oatmeal
What is oatmeal milk?
Oat milk is a nutritious drink made from oats. As a rule, it is cooked in small quantities – 1-2 glasses and consumed during the day for half a cup before a meal (half an hour before meals). The maximum day it can drink no more than 2.5 liters.
Useful properties of cereal milk
Needless to say, milk prepared on the basis of cereals differs markedly in composition from the familiar cow product. Unlike the latter, it does not contain casein and lactose, which cause unwanted reactions in some people. However, it contains all the same protein, carbohydrates, vitamins of group B, iron, calcium, and a lot of other microelements. Therefore, its benefits to the body is quite obvious.
Regular consumption of milk from oats contributes to:
– normalization of metabolism
– performance recovery,
– improve memory and concentration
-optimization of the cardiovascular system,
– restoration of the normal functioning of the intestine, gallbladder and liver,
– faster weight loss
– removal of toxins from the body (due to the diuretic effect),
– and normalize blood sugar levels.
Ways to use a healthy drink
Modern women use oat milk for many purposes. First of all, it is an internal recovery of the body. As mentioned above, it can be drunk in small quantities in between meals. This will not only normalize the work of internal organs and systems, but also allow you to quickly get rid of extra pounds. For this reason, it is often included in the composition of diets and is recommended to take to anyone who is struggling with excess weight.
In addition, milk from oats can be applied externally. It perfectly removes skin inflammation, nourishes the skin and restores the tone of the face. Due to this, it is often used to make homemade masks.
And this milk perfectly affects the condition of the hair. In order to strengthen them and prevent excessive loss, this miracle drink should be applied to the curls immediately after washing, withstand for 15-20 minutes, and then washed off.
100g: 146.68 kcal
100g: 1.42 fats
100g: 3.32 proteins
100g: 29.92 carbs
- 2 full items of l. oatmeal,
- 500 ml. water,
- 1 banana (optional),
- a pinch of vanilla (optional)
It is necessary to prepare oat milk in advance, at least two hours before you need it. We measure oatmeal.
Fill the oatmeal with half a liter of pure water. We leave oatmeal in water for two (and preferably three) hours.
During this time, oatmeal swell, become soft. Now you can proceed directly to the preparation of milk.
Pour the oatmeal into a blender with the water in which it is soaked. Add sweetener, if you want – banana, honey or sugar. Vanilla will give a very pleasant flavor to oat milk.
Blend the oatmeal with water (and, as in my case, with a banana) until the water turns white.
It remains only to strain the oatmeal milk through a strainer and the drink is ready for use.
Oatmeal milk can be consumed as a useful drink or it can replace cow’s milk in various recipes, for example, in the preparation of lean pastries.
The reasons why people refuse to use classic dairy products can be different – lactose intolerance, allergic reactions, or even personal beliefs (for example, vegetarianism). In this case, the use of rice milk is a good alternative, even though it is inferior to cow’s nutrient content. It can also provide your body with additional nutrients even if you eat regular cow’s milk every day.
How did it come about?
In ancient times, the drink popular among the Moors was Orshat (another name for Orchata). For the manufacture of this soft drink used ground almonds or chufu. Then he became popular in Spain and Latin America. Since in these countries the main component of the orshata is not so common, local residents had to find a replacement for it. Were tried different options, including pumpkin seeds, in the end, the choice fell on rice.
Rice drink is popular in the United States, where a large percentage of the population adheres to vegetarianism. This product is no less popular in India, although the locals drink ordinary cow’s milk.
In Russia, rice milk is not yet so common, and in order to try it, you can cook it yourself, or have patience and look for it on the shelves.
Each cup of rice milk made from unrefined rice and water contains proteins – 0.67 grams, carbohydrates – 22 grams, unsaturated fats – 2.3 grams. The energy value of the drink is 113 calories. Since there is no fructose in brown rice, but sucrose is contained, each cup contains a sufficiently large amount of sugar (12.67 grams).
Due to plant origin, cholesterol and lactose are absent in rice drink. It is also characterized by the presence of vitamin B6, as well as magnesium, copper and iron. Also, the producers of this drink additionally add calcium and vitamins A, B12 and D. However, despite the improvements in the product, it is worth remembering that it is not able to completely replace cow’s milk.
Rice milk is not as safe as it might seem at first glance. According to the research of the Society for the Standardization of Nutrition, there is arsenic in rice milk. The amount of harm contained will not bring an adult to a person, and in children under 5 years old it can cause poisoning. In addition, rice drink has a very low vitamin B12 content, which can lead to the appearance of babies with a disease like rickets, therefore, it is not recommended to give rice milk to children (or in limited quantities).
How to make yourself?
100g: 357.91 kcal
100g: 0.49 fats
100g: 4.71 proteins
100g: 83.24 carbs
The taste of this milk can be improved with additives: sweeten with sugar, add vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom.
- 3 tbsp. Rice,
- 1 liter of water,
- a pinch of vanilla,
- 4 tsp. cane sugar.
Rice is better to take round grain, but any other than steamed will do. Wash rice.
Fill the rice with a liter of cold water.
Bring to a boil and boil rice until soft, for about 20 minutes. Salt, of course, do not need
Cool ready rice a little, then pour the rice with broth into a blender.
To make rice milk taste pleasantly, it can be sweetened with sugar. Honey or agave syrup is also suitable.
If desired, you can finish off a little vanilla. It depends on the purpose for which you are preparing rice milk. If as an ingredient in sweet pastries, then vanilla will be very useful.
Blend rice broth along with rice and sugar. When the liquid becomes uniform white, turn off the blender.
Milk is ready, it does not need to filter.
Ready milk can be poured into a glass bottle and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Serve rice milk as an afternoon snack as a beverage, or replace cow milk in recipes.
What to look for when choosing this drink?
If you do not want to do it yourself, then choose a drink without sweeteners. It contains complex sugars that do not adversely affect the cardiovascular system. In addition, the addition of sweeteners (honey, syrup agave or others) significantly increases its caloric content.