People have been eating meat as food since the ice age. Anthropologists argue that it was then that a person refused a vegetable diet in favor of meat food. This “custom” has been conveyed by a significant part of humanity to the present day, someone has done it because of necessity (for example, Eskimos), living conditions or habits. But more often than not, the reason is a simple misunderstanding. Over the past fifty years, renowned health professionals, biochemists and nutritionists have found convincing evidence: to stay healthy, eating meat is not necessary, on the contrary, a diet that is acceptable to predators can harm a person.Continue reading
Each athlete must remember that alcohol in any form and in any quantities on the strength indicators and muscle growth always acts negatively. A single alcohol consumption, even about the degree of slight intoxication, is equivalent in effect to missing your 1st workout in your muscles. Severe alcohol intoxication corresponds to missing one to two weeks of training.Continue reading
Any martial art is physical exercise, endurance training and spiritual development. In addition, this is what will always be at hand in case of a dangerous life situation – as professional photographers say, the best camera is the one that you now have with you. So, you decided to start practicing martial arts, but do not know which direction to choose?Continue reading
In early childhood, we could hear (most often from our mother) that it is strictly forbidden to swallow seeds from berries – they say a tree will grow in the tummy. And not only parents, even scientists and nutritionists, only in the last century gave strange nutritional recommendations, and doctors prescribed unhealthy diets. The list of misconceptions about food and products is endless – good, modern science is gradually proving their absurdity. But some myths are still alive – let’s destroy them.Continue reading
The tremendous popularity of running in recent years is not only due to the fact that only running shoes and space are needed for jogging, not only because proper running is a very simple way to start exercising your health. There is also an emotional side to this sport, and now we will tell you what emotions are and how to add them to your runs.Continue reading
Before any workout, regardless of whether it’s a run or a power run in the gym with a barbell, you need to thoroughly stretch yourself and how to warm up the body before loads. Is it worth mentioning that it is insufficient heating that is the most common cause of injuries. Many people mistakenly believe that a 5-minute jog before the power is enough, because breathing quickened, muscles shook – what else is needed? And here is what.
Carbohydrates or saccharides are a group of organic molecules that are divided into monosaccharides (one unit), disaccharides (two units) and polysaccharides (several units) depending on the number of molecules of simple carbohydrates.
The main risk factors for the syndrome of overtraining in athletes can be grouped as follows:
- undiagnosed diseases and pathological conditions;
- physiological stress factors: repeated change of time zones, undosed use of additional adaptation factors (high mountains, high mountains, hypoxic training in laboratory conditions), training in high or low temperatures, polluted air, domestic and professional intoxications;
- hygienic factors: a) nutritional (negative energy balance, insufficient intake of carbohydrates and / or proteins, iron deficiency, magnesium deficiency, etc.), b) violation of the drinking regime – chronic fluid deficiency, c) violation of the regime (lack of sleep, drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.);
- side effects of pharmacological drugs;
- stressful psychological factors (increased expectations from the coach or family members, prolonged competitive stress, personality structure features, poor social environment, poor relationships with family and friends, personal or emotional problems, as well as additional requirements related to school or work);
- errors in the organization and content of the training process;
complete disregard for current biomedical control.
Fat. For many people, body fat is a serious problem. The reasons for its accumulation in the body are diverse, as are the consequences and complications in overweight people. Quite often, it is the desire to lose a “couple” of extra pounds that becomes the main reason for coming to a fitness club or gym. However, is fat in the body always dangerous and useless? Let’s try to figure it out together.Continue reading
Health is our everything. Everyone wants to be healthy, but not everyone follows a healthy lifestyle. Moreover, often a person himself is an enemy of his own health. We present to your attention 10 things that negatively affect the brain.Continue reading