Soy milk is one of the most popular and healthy herbal drinks in the world. But it is not so easy to find really tasty and healthy milk in the store, so we will teach you to cook it at home.Continue reading
1 medium carrot (as an option you can do with a pumpkin, about 250 g)
3/4 tbsp. pitted raisins
1 tbsp. applesauce (about 200 g)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp sodaContinue reading
Per 100 g: 18 proteins /54 fats /28 carbs
Ingredients for 2 portions:
Almond 1 cup (200 ml)
Walnuts 0.5 cup (200 ml)
Dried fruits 0.5 tbsp
Honey 2 tbsp
Almonds and nuts soak for 10 minutes. warm water. Clean, grind in a coffee grinder or blender. Add honey, knead the dough. Stir in dried fruit and form kulich. No need to bake.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
0.5 cups fresh or frozen cherries
0.5 cups dried cherries
0.5 cups of raisins
2 tbsp. flaxseed
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp turmeric
0.5 tbsp. coconut oil
a pinch of black pepper
1. All of the listed components must be mixed to obtain a homogeneous mass. Use a blender or food processor.
2. Lay out the mixture in baking tins.
3. Then put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. When serving, muffins can be decorated with chocolate chips or coconut chips.
Calories / 100g: 36.63
Fat / 100g: 1.45
Protein / 100g: 2
Carbohydrates / 100 g: 3.97
It will take 25 minutes to prepare, from these ingredients you get 4 servings.
– chicken broth – 1 l;
– green onion – 100 g;
– carrot young – 150 g;
– early cabbage – 200 g;
– Celery stalks – 50 g;
– red chili pepper – 1 pc .;
– young potatoes – 140 g;
– fresh spinach – 100 g;
– garlic (stalks) – 50 g;
– salt, vegetable oil.
In a deep pan with a wide bottom, heat two teaspoons of odorless vegetable oil. Add the white part of the green onion stalks, cut into ringlets, and the young carrot, cut into thin slices, about 2-3 millimeters thick. Fry the vegetables on medium heat for 4 minutes.
Celery stalks cut into small cubes. Red chili peppers cut into rings, add chili and celery to the pan, fry for 2-3 minutes.
We clean the young potatoes from the skin, cut them into slices, chop the early cabbage into strips, add to the fried vegetables.
Pour hot chicken broth, which, if necessary, can be replaced with ordinary bouillon cubes.
Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil, cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
When the vegetables are soft, it remains only to salt to taste and add the last ingredients – spinach and early garlic.
We cut off the young spinach from the stems, chop the leaves thinly. Arrows of early garlic cut across the thin rings, throw everything in the pan.
Cook for another 3-4 minutes, remove from heat, leave for 10-15 minutes to infuse, but you can immediately serve on the table.
Serve soup in chicken broth with fresh hot cabbage, seasoned to taste with low-fat sour cream, 0% yogurt and freshly ground black pepper.
Coconut Milk from Coconut Chips
Coconut milk has a high content of vitamins, minerals, fiber, essential and non-essential amino acids:
- Vitamins B, A, C, E, PP, K convert proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy, strengthen the nervous and immune systems, improve brain activity and the condition of the skin. Vitamins take care of the health of the mucous membranes, normalize blood pressure, promote the synthesis of hemoglobin, accelerate regeneration processes;
- potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus ensure the proper functioning of the muscles, the transmission of nerve impulses, regulate pressure and blood clotting. Macronutrients activate many enzymes and hormones, restore the activity of the cardiovascular system, increase intestinal motility, the separation of bile and the elimination of harmful cholesterol;
- iron, manganese, copper, selenium and zinc are responsible for normal cellular respiration, participate in the formation of red blood cells, ensure the full function of the reproductive system organs. Trace elements regulate the functions of the nervous system, increase the production of own collagen, stop the growth and spread of abnormal cells;
- essential amino acids help cleanse the liver of toxic compounds, stimulate the production of growth hormones, are necessary for the proper formation of muscle tissue. Useful substances strengthen the immune system, enhance brain activity, slightly reduce the body’s sensitivity to pain and temperature changes;
- Replaceable amino acids are involved in the production of energy and certain hormones, increase the production of antibodies and the synthesis of red blood cells. They normalize the concentration of sugar, improve memory, perception and concentration, struggle with mental disorders.
The benefit and harm of coconut milk is significantly affected by its lauric acid. It reduces the concentration of harmful cholesterol, normalizes the cardiovascular system, increases muscle endurance.
In addition, it maintains the necessary level of energy, helps to burn excess fat deposits, accelerates the healing process of damaged skin. Vegetable fiber, which is also found in coconut milk, is also important. It restores the proper functioning of the digestive tract, slows the absorption of sugar from the blood, reduces the amount of cholesterol, removes toxic compounds, slags and salts of heavy metals from the body. Cellulose prevents the development of cholelithiasis and diabetes, reduces appetite, speeds up the healing of mucous membranes, supports healthy micro flora in the intestines, promotes its cleansing.
Delicate and delicate taste of the product, supported by a list of healing properties. Biologically active components are able to resist viruses, fungi and bacteria, slow down the processes of natural aging, improve the functioning of the digestive tract and the immune system.
Given the benefits and harms of coconut milk, it is recommended to use it to:
- increase the barrier mechanisms of the immune system;
- improve brain activity;
- optimization of the nervous system;
- enhance hemoglobin and prevent iron deficiency anemia;
- stabilization of the balance of hormones;
- reducing the concentration of cholesterol and blood sugar;
- improve the functioning of the digestive system;
- relieving conditions in intestinal diseases and stomach ulcers;
- strengthen the bone system and teeth;
- slowing the aging process;
- improve the condition of the skin;
- normalization of general well-being in asthma, to combat bone diseases associated with their increased fragility;
- destruction of viral, fungal and bacterial infections;
- eliminate chronic fatigue, with loss of strength and general weakness, to prevent depressive state;
- enriching the body with nutrients in avitaminosis;
- prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system, increasing the elasticity of the vascular walls;
- combating urological problems;
- improvement of the reproductive system;
- excretion of excess fluid, toxic substances, slags and excess salts;
- prevent the appearance of malignant neoplasms;
- normalization of the functioning of the thyroid gland;
- restoration of the normal functioning of the body after undergoing chemotherapy, taking antibiotics and prolonged use of drugs that destroy the beneficial microflora.
Coconut milk helps in losing weight. It stimulates the activity of brain receptors that control appetite. The fiber contained in the drink helps to cleanse the body of toxins and slags, normalize the functioning of the large intestine, speed up the metabolism and adjust the stool.
It is also useful to use coconut milk externally. It reduces the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation, prevents the occurrence of sunburn, and evens out a tan.
Tasty product nourishes the skin with valuable components, restores damaged cells, nourishes, moisturizes, protects against drying and loss of moisture. In addition, the regular use of this tool allows to level the micro-relief, get rid of small wrinkles and speed up the healing process of small wounds. Coconut milk has a beneficial effect on the hair. It strengthens curls, prevents them from falling out, returns smoothness and silkiness. Nutrients provide optimal conditioning, relieve dandruff, itching and peeling of the skin of the head.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the use of coconut milk, we must not forget about the possible harm to the body. You should not include it in the diet of people who are prone to allergic reactions, as well as persons with fructose intolerance.
Another contraindication is the child age up to three years.
Drinking large quantities can cause diarrhea, nausea and dyspepsia.
It is wise to use the product with people who have serious heart disease. Drinking a drink can provoke a heart rhythm disturbance and an increase in blood pressure.
It is worth saying that coconut milk is allowed to drink to people with lactose intolerance. Therefore, it is possible to replace the habitual cow’s milk with a very tasty product with a delicate taste. Finding a truly high-quality drink is quite difficult. The long shelf life of canned coconut milk may indicate that toxic stabilizers and preservatives were used to produce it. Such a product is unlikely to have beneficial properties and can be harmful to health. Therefore, it is worth buying milk only from reputable manufacturers. In addition, you can cook it yourself.
To coconut milk has a beneficial effect on the entire body, do not abuse the product.
An adult needs to drink it once every three days, 100 milliliters. Small children are allowed 50 milliliters per week. It should be introduced gradually, tracking the possible allergic reaction.
Coconut milk, I use when preparing smoothies and desserts, sauces or soups. It tastes good with meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
coconut chips – 150 g
boiling water – 500 ml
Coconut chips pour 250 ml of boiling water and insist two hours.
Then sodden coconut shavings, without pouring water, send it to the blender and break through it in less than a minute.
Then the resulting mass is squeezed through several layers of gauze.
The remaining coconut cake, I again pour 250 ml of boiling water, insist an hour, again I punch everything in a blender and again I pass through several layers of gauze.
The result is half a liter of wonderful coconut milk.
Coconut milk is stored in the refrigerator for only two days. During storage it is divided into fractions, it is necessary to mix it before use.
And the remaining cake, you can lay out a thin layer on a baking sheet and dry in the oven. Further, as usual to use in recipes
Almond milk, compared to cow’s milk, contains 8 times less protein and 150 times less calcium, but in spite of this, today it is becoming more and more popular. This is explained by the fact that almond milk has many useful properties and as a part of it has a large number of various beneficial elements in high concentration. Among them are manganese, copper, magnesium, selenium and vitamins B, D and E, and much more. According to the content of vitamins and beneficial elements, it is ahead of soy and rice.
What you need to know about almond milk
Almond Milk Benefits
It helps regulate weight. One glass of almond drink contains no more than 60 calories, which is 1.5 times less than in the fat-free and 2.5 times less than in whole cow’s milk.
Maintaining normal heart function. This drink is completely free of cholesterol and saturated fats, while it contains a small amount of sodium and a lot of beneficial omega-acids, which helps normalize blood pressure and protect the heart from the onset of certain diseases or their development.
Strong bones and teeth. Even despite the fact that almond milk has a much lower calcium content than cow’s milk, it is also possible to get a daily rate (30% in one cup), while it contains a quarter of the daily intake of vitamin D required for calcium absorption and strengthening immunity.
Healthy skin. Almond milk contains half the daily intake of vitamin E, which is extremely beneficial to the skin. It not only accelerates the regeneration of the skin and combats aging, but also protects the skin from the negative effects of UV rays.
Does not affect blood sugar. Almond drink contains a low amount of carbohydrates, and therefore does not cause sharp fluctuations in blood sugar levels. It is characterized by a low glycemic index, which reduces the likelihood of a disease such as diabetes.
Strengthening muscle tissue. Even despite the low protein content in almond milk, it has a positive effect on strengthening the muscles, since it contains a large amount of iron and vitamin B, contributing to their growth and strengthening.
It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. This is due to sufficient fiber content in almond milk for normal digestion.
Lactose is absent. An impressive number of people do not tolerate lactose, which makes it impossible for them to get useful substances contained in milk. In almond milk, there is no lactose, which allows anyone to drink it, it is easily digested and does not lead to problems with digestion.
Helps to preserve vision. This drink contains a sufficient amount of vitamin A, which has a positive effect on vision. It also helps the eyes quickly and painlessly rebuild from bright lighting to dull and vice versa …
Almond Milk Harm
Like any other product, almond milk can cause side effects.
It should not be given to infants, as well as cow, as they are unable to replace breast milk. Drinking almond drink by young children can cause them to have an allergic reaction to nuts in the future.
Some manufacturers of this drink add carrageenan (food supplement extracted from red algae) as a stabilizer, but recent studies have shown that it is unsafe for humans – it can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, and also aggravate coronary heart disease, ulcers and disease Crown. Carrageenan has already been banned as a dietary supplement for baby food, but it is still used in adult products, so it is recommended to use it with caution and in small doses.
Cooking Almond Milk
Soak 60 grams of almond at night, he should stand in drinking water for at least 8 hours.
Drain all the water, rinse the nuts thoroughly and put them in a blender. Add 250 ml of pure water to the almonds, and punch well until smooth.
You can add a pinch of sea salt, it works here as a taste enhancer.
You can put a couple of middle-sized dates without pits, they will give sweetness and almond milk, to taste, it will become quite similar to cow’s.
Punch again and strain through a fine sieve or several layers of gauze.
Oatmeal Milk Oatmeal
What is oatmeal milk?
Oat milk is a nutritious drink made from oats. As a rule, it is cooked in small quantities – 1-2 glasses and consumed during the day for half a cup before a meal (half an hour before meals). The maximum day it can drink no more than 2.5 liters.
Useful properties of cereal milk
Needless to say, milk prepared on the basis of cereals differs markedly in composition from the familiar cow product. Unlike the latter, it does not contain casein and lactose, which cause unwanted reactions in some people. However, it contains all the same protein, carbohydrates, vitamins of group B, iron, calcium, and a lot of other microelements. Therefore, its benefits to the body is quite obvious.
Regular consumption of milk from oats contributes to:
– normalization of metabolism
– performance recovery,
– improve memory and concentration
-optimization of the cardiovascular system,
– restoration of the normal functioning of the intestine, gallbladder and liver,
– faster weight loss
– removal of toxins from the body (due to the diuretic effect),
– and normalize blood sugar levels.
Ways to use a healthy drink
Modern women use oat milk for many purposes. First of all, it is an internal recovery of the body. As mentioned above, it can be drunk in small quantities in between meals. This will not only normalize the work of internal organs and systems, but also allow you to quickly get rid of extra pounds. For this reason, it is often included in the composition of diets and is recommended to take to anyone who is struggling with excess weight.
In addition, milk from oats can be applied externally. It perfectly removes skin inflammation, nourishes the skin and restores the tone of the face. Due to this, it is often used to make homemade masks.
And this milk perfectly affects the condition of the hair. In order to strengthen them and prevent excessive loss, this miracle drink should be applied to the curls immediately after washing, withstand for 15-20 minutes, and then washed off.
100g: 146.68 kcal
100g: 1.42 fats
100g: 3.32 proteins
100g: 29.92 carbs
- 2 full items of l. oatmeal,
- 500 ml. water,
- 1 banana (optional),
- a pinch of vanilla (optional)
It is necessary to prepare oat milk in advance, at least two hours before you need it. We measure oatmeal.
Fill the oatmeal with half a liter of pure water. We leave oatmeal in water for two (and preferably three) hours.
During this time, oatmeal swell, become soft. Now you can proceed directly to the preparation of milk.
Pour the oatmeal into a blender with the water in which it is soaked. Add sweetener, if you want – banana, honey or sugar. Vanilla will give a very pleasant flavor to oat milk.
Blend the oatmeal with water (and, as in my case, with a banana) until the water turns white.
It remains only to strain the oatmeal milk through a strainer and the drink is ready for use.
Oatmeal milk can be consumed as a useful drink or it can replace cow’s milk in various recipes, for example, in the preparation of lean pastries.
The reasons why people refuse to use classic dairy products can be different – lactose intolerance, allergic reactions, or even personal beliefs (for example, vegetarianism). In this case, the use of rice milk is a good alternative, even though it is inferior to cow’s nutrient content. It can also provide your body with additional nutrients even if you eat regular cow’s milk every day.
How did it come about?
In ancient times, the drink popular among the Moors was Orshat (another name for Orchata). For the manufacture of this soft drink used ground almonds or chufu. Then he became popular in Spain and Latin America. Since in these countries the main component of the orshata is not so common, local residents had to find a replacement for it. Were tried different options, including pumpkin seeds, in the end, the choice fell on rice.
Rice drink is popular in the United States, where a large percentage of the population adheres to vegetarianism. This product is no less popular in India, although the locals drink ordinary cow’s milk.
In Russia, rice milk is not yet so common, and in order to try it, you can cook it yourself, or have patience and look for it on the shelves.
Each cup of rice milk made from unrefined rice and water contains proteins – 0.67 grams, carbohydrates – 22 grams, unsaturated fats – 2.3 grams. The energy value of the drink is 113 calories. Since there is no fructose in brown rice, but sucrose is contained, each cup contains a sufficiently large amount of sugar (12.67 grams).
Due to plant origin, cholesterol and lactose are absent in rice drink. It is also characterized by the presence of vitamin B6, as well as magnesium, copper and iron. Also, the producers of this drink additionally add calcium and vitamins A, B12 and D. However, despite the improvements in the product, it is worth remembering that it is not able to completely replace cow’s milk.
Rice milk is not as safe as it might seem at first glance. According to the research of the Society for the Standardization of Nutrition, there is arsenic in rice milk. The amount of harm contained will not bring an adult to a person, and in children under 5 years old it can cause poisoning. In addition, rice drink has a very low vitamin B12 content, which can lead to the appearance of babies with a disease like rickets, therefore, it is not recommended to give rice milk to children (or in limited quantities).
How to make yourself?
100g: 357.91 kcal
100g: 0.49 fats
100g: 4.71 proteins
100g: 83.24 carbs
The taste of this milk can be improved with additives: sweeten with sugar, add vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom.
- 3 tbsp. Rice,
- 1 liter of water,
- a pinch of vanilla,
- 4 tsp. cane sugar.
Rice is better to take round grain, but any other than steamed will do. Wash rice.
Fill the rice with a liter of cold water.
Bring to a boil and boil rice until soft, for about 20 minutes. Salt, of course, do not need
Cool ready rice a little, then pour the rice with broth into a blender.
To make rice milk taste pleasantly, it can be sweetened with sugar. Honey or agave syrup is also suitable.
If desired, you can finish off a little vanilla. It depends on the purpose for which you are preparing rice milk. If as an ingredient in sweet pastries, then vanilla will be very useful.
Blend rice broth along with rice and sugar. When the liquid becomes uniform white, turn off the blender.
Milk is ready, it does not need to filter.
Ready milk can be poured into a glass bottle and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Serve rice milk as an afternoon snack as a beverage, or replace cow milk in recipes.
What to look for when choosing this drink?
If you do not want to do it yourself, then choose a drink without sweeteners. It contains complex sugars that do not adversely affect the cardiovascular system. In addition, the addition of sweeteners (honey, syrup agave or others) significantly increases its caloric content.
8-12 servings/ 40 minutes of cooking
FOR THE BASIS:
8 dates, seedless, soaked
1.3 cups raw almonds
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut shavings
a pinch of salt
FOR FIBER LAYER:
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and washed
1 cup chilled coconut milk and coconut water
0.3 cups coconut oil
0.3 cup fresh mint
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chlorella powder, for color (optional)
10 drops of mint essential oil
a pinch of salt
FOR PALM LAYER:
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and washed
1 cup chilled coconut milk and coconut water
0.3 cups coconut oil
0.3 cups fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon red beet powder, for color (optional)
a pinch of salt
FOR CREAM FROM KESHEW:
1 cup of cashews, soaked for 2 hours and washed
0.3 cups coconut oil
1 tablespoon lemon spit
1 teaspoon vanilla pod powder
a pinch of salt
water as needed
- To make a base, place the almonds in a food processor and grind to a flour-like mass. Transfer to a cup and put aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor and grind to small pieces.
- Add the almonds and the rest of the ingredients to the base and grind it all together to form a dough. The dough does not have to be collected in a bowl, but it is necessary that it does not disintegrate.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the bottom of the mold, smooth and compact with your hands or a spoon.
- Put in the freezer while cooking the filling.
- Crimson and peppermint layers of the filling are made separately.
- Put all the ingredients for one layer in a blender and grind to a smooth mass.
- Pour the mixture onto the base and put into the freezer while cooking the second layer.
- As soon as the mass for the second layer is ready to pour it on the first layer.
- Put in the freezer for 4 hours to freeze.
- To make a cashew cream, place all the ingredients in a blender and grind until smooth. Add some water if necessary.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and decorate it with cashew cream and fresh berries.
This cheesecake can not be called a diet, because almonds, cashews, honey – foods are high in calories, but this is one of the most useful desserts you can imagine. There is no sugar, flour, baking powder, butter, cream, fat cream – in general, all the ingredients that are usually in the purchase or restaurant sweets. It is prepared only from natural ingredients and very quickly, much easier than most complex cakes and pastries.
For the cake:
Almond – 400 g
Raw cocoa beans – 60 g
Dates – 200 g
Vanilla – 1 pod
Salt – 2 g
Water – 100 ml
Cashew – 300 g
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Ground vanilla – 1 pinch
Honey – 70 g
Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
Pomegranate seeds – 250 g
Pomegranate juice – 100 ml
Agar-Agar – 20 gCooking method:To make the almond cake, soak overnight with a vanilla pod. In the morning, drain the water and blend the almonds with all the other ingredients. Put the resulting mass in the form for the cake.
For cream: add agar-agar to 70 ml of water, put on a small fire, stirring until completely dissolved, but do not boil. All ingredients, except pomegranate seeds, blend, add dissolved agar-agar and mix. In the resulting cream, mix in whole grains of pomegranate and place in a cake mold on top of the cake. Send to the refrigerator and cool (at least one hour).
Cooking Time: 2.5 h.
10-12 pcs. dates
100 g walnuts
150-180 g pumpkin seeds (for a cake and its decoration)
2 tbsp. carob
3 tbsp. coconut oil
Method of preparation:
- All walnuts and 100 g of pumpkin seeds thoroughly grind in a blender. Add water to make the process easier, but just a little!
- To the resulting mixture, add 2 tbsp. coconut oil. Mix well again.
3. Take a small form for the cake, put in her parchment paper or package. Transfer the mass to the container, spreading it evenly along the bottom. Then put the “bottom layer of cake” in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
4. Now proceed to the “chocolate cream”. Remove bones from dates.
5. 1 tbsp. coconut oil, all dates, carob and water mix until smooth. Add water gradually – you should get a creamy mass.
6. Smoothly apply the “chocolate cream” on the bottom layer of the cake. Decorate the dessert with the remaining pumpkin seeds and put it back in the freezer for 1-1.5 hours.
60 minutes/ 20 servings/ 31 kcal
Pumpkin (butternut) 1 kg
Juice (apple or orange) ¾ cup
Ginger (ground) 2 tsp.
Cinnamon 2 tsp
Nutmeg 1 tsp
Clove 2-3 pcs.
Sweetener (honey or agave syrup) to taste
- Peel the pumpkin and peel the seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Grind in a blender to a state of mashed potatoes with juice.
- Mix the prepared mashed potatoes with spices in a large saucepan. Add honey, maple syrup or agave syrup to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until the jam thickens. Stir constantly.
5. Put the jam in jars and store in the refrigerator.