Calories per 100 g: 241 kcal
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- Thoroughly rinse dried apricots, prunes, and raisins under running water. Put them in a bowl and fill with hot water, leave for 15 minutes to swell the dried fruits. We drain the water, rinse the dried fruits again.
- Carrots for this dish need to be taken in juicy and fresh, sweet varieties. Wash carrots, peel them and cut them into circles.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan (it is better to take a cast-iron pan or with a thick bottom), put it on fire. Place the carrot slices in olive oil and fry until golden brown on both sides over medium heat.
- Add honey to the carrots, stir with a spatula, let the carrots caramelize, the sauce in the pan should become viscous. But the taste of the dish can also be changed using one or another sort of honey (floral, lime, buckwheat, etc.)
- We send cooked dried apricots, prunes, and raisins to the pan for carrots, add a small amount of water so that the contents are stewed in liquid. Stir and simmer over medium heat until the carrots are cooked and the liquid evaporates. At the same moment, add spices to taste, cinnamon.
- The dish is ready. We put the tsimes on a plate and serve it to the table, for breakfast with tea or for lunch as a dessert, it is convenient to take it with you to work for a small snack. Tsimes consists of delicious, healthy, and nutritious foods.