- Place the butter in a large, deep saucepan. Send finely chopped onion and garlic there. While stirring, cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- After a while, send chopped cabbage and diced potatoes to the onions and garlic. Season the vegetables well with salt and pepper. Stir, cover, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- When the cabbage starts up the juice, add the broth to the vegetables. Cover the pot again with a lid and simmer for another 8 minutes over high heat.
- Set aside a couple of tablespoons of cabbage in a separate bowl.
- Cook the rest of the saucepan for another 5 minutes to soften the cabbage. Next, puree the vegetables with an immersion blender until a uniform, smooth consistency.