Protein ice cream is available at the grocery store. But it is much tastier and healthier to cook it yourself: this way you will know for sure that the composition contains only the necessary ingredients, which means that there is no sugar and extra calories.
Nutritional value (per 100 g):
Caloric content – 98 kcal
Protein – 13 g
Fat – 2 g
Carbohydrates – 7 g
Milk 2.5% – 300 ml
Whey Protein (Vanilla Flavor) – 60 g
Xanthan gum – 0.5 tsp
Sweetener – to taste
- Pour milk into a deep bowl, add protein and xanthan gum. My protein is sweet and vanilla-flavored. If your protein is unsweetened, add any sweetener of your choice and a vanilla extract.
- Blend the mass with a mixer.
- Put it in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. When freezing, such ice cream must be covered with a lid, since it absorbs foreign odors very strongly.
- Take out the ice cream from the freezer, scrape off the frozen ice cream from the sides of the bowl, and beat the mass again with a mixer.
- Send it to the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure with whipping and freezing two more times.