Nutritional value (per 100 g):
Caloric content – 131 kcal
Protein – 7 g
Fat – 8 g
Carbohydrates – 8 g
Ingredients for the dough: (for 30 pieces):
For the cream (double serving, 60 pieces):
Coconut milk (cream) – 400 ml
Sweetener (5 times sweeter than sugar) – 8 g
Vanilla (optional) – 1 g
Thickener – 20 g
- To prepare the dough, mix all dry ingredients (flour, salt, and sweetener). Mix everything thoroughly.
- Pour water into a saucepan, put on fire, add any vegetable oil, mix and bring to a boil. But don’t boil.
- At the moment when the water begins to boil, add dry ingredients to it and mix quickly, reducing the heat to a minimum.
- Knead the dough over low heat with a silicone spatula. The dough should be shiny and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a blender, let it cool slightly, then add one whole egg and one egg white. Beat until smooth. If you are preparing a double portion at once, then just take 3 whole eggs. But if it is not possible to bake all 60 pieces at once, then it is better to knead the dough 2 times, since during jigging it should be still warm.
- While the dough is warm, transfer it to a pastry bag and place the cakes on a non-stick or silicone mat. From this amount of tests, I got 30 profiteroles.
- Send them to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Then we reduce the temperature to 120 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking, otherwise, the profiteroles will settle.
- Carefully remove the finished cakes from the rug. If they stick, then do not tear them off, but run a spatula or knife along the bottom so that they come off, otherwise the bottom may remain on the rug.
- Now you need to make a hole in each cake with a sharp object. If you have a nozzle with a fine tip, then you can immediately punch and deposit the cream.
- Preparing the cream. To do this, add a sweetener, vanilla, and a cream thickener to very cold coconut milk (can be replaced with cream). After pouring out the first bag of thickener, you need to mix the cream very quickly with a mixer. Then pour out the second bag and stir again quickly.
- Put the cream in a pastry bag and put a piece of the cream on each cake. This amount of cream is enough for 60 profiteroles.