This dessert is suitable for all lovers of keto food, as it contains virtually no carbohydrates. If desired, nuts can be omitted, then you get a very-low-calorie protein dessert without the content of fats and carbohydrates.
- Grind walnuts in any convenient way.
- Add xanthan gum to stevia (10 g) and stir.
- Add egg whites, a pinch of citric acid, and stevia (30 g) to a bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy, stable foam.
- Add instant coffee, a little vanilla, and stevia with gum to the resulting mass. Beat with a mixer until a dense, viscous mass.
- Add chopped nuts and mix gently with a spatula.
- Put the meringue of any shape on a non-stick mat. You don’t even need to use a piping bag, just lay it out with a spoon. I got 13 pieces.
- Send the meringue to the oven preheated to 150 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the meringue inside for another 10 minutes.
- This method of cooking the meringue is crispy on the outside and slightly moist on the inside. If you want a completely crispy meringue, leave it in the turned-off oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the finished meringue from the rug and transfer it to the wire rack so that it also dries from below and cools completely.
Nutritional value with nuts (per 100 g):
Calorie content – 207 kcal
Protein – 8 g
Fat – 18 g
Carbohydrates – 3 g
Nutritional value without nuts (per 100 g):
Caloric content – 25 kcal
Protein – 6 g
Fat – 0 g
Carbohydrates – 0 g