Evening jogging is a great hobby for women and men. It is known that running is the most natural way to exercise your body. For humans, this is the same natural property as walking or swimming. Running in the evenings will not force you to constantly choose the time, spend money on expensive sports equipment, or get out to the gym.
An evening jogging is a great way to distract yourself from problems and use muscles that have not been actively working during the day. People, for whom running in the evenings has become the norm, are better able to cope with stressful situations and control their emotions. But what does running in the evenings give besides psychological relaxation and muscle tone? Does it help you lose weight? Can it help improve the body and health?
Many athletes and amateurs practice jogging in the morning, motivating it with a charge of positive energy for the whole day. However, this is not entirely correct. The evening is the best time to relieve stress and heterogeneous loads accumulated during a busy day. In the morning, we are already fresh and vigorous, and intense aerobic exercise can create additional fatigue for us, which will negatively affect labor productivity and overall performance of the body.
it is better to practice regular exercises or joint exercises in the morning – it tones, and strengthens, and does not require much effort.
The main thing that you should know is that running in the evening is ideal for losing weight. But this is basically what girls who decide to go for jogging strive for. The fact is that by exerting a load on the body precisely at the late time of the day, we quickly and actively burn all the excess that we have accumulated during the day.
Wellness jogging in the evenings: the main pros and cons The body will be most beneficial at a speed of 7-9 km / h 3-4 hours before bedtime. Effortless movement equates to a walk, does not drain, does not disturb sleep.
Benefits of running in the evening:
- Relieves stress accumulated during the day. During running, endorphin is produced – the hormone of happiness. Therefore, running has a positive effect on the nervous system and helps fight neuroses, depression, obsessive thoughts, and other psychological problems. Runners are less hot-tempered, more balanced, and more judicious.
- Develops the heart muscle. The heart is made up of muscle tissue and adapts to stress. A healthy, athletic heart spends a minimum of energy at rest and supports the body with intense physical activity. Studies show that on average, an untrained man has a heart volume of approximately 760 cc. cm, and for a woman – 600. The same figure for athletes at 200-300 cubic meters. see more.
- Starts the capillarization process. Gas exchange takes place in a fine capillary network, and increased demand for oxygen leads to an interesting effect: the bed of existing capillaries does not expand, but new capillaries open and the capillary network of the myocardium becomes denser.
- Increases lung capacity. Regular jogging can increase your lung capacity by 1 to 3 liters. The more air a person can inhale, the more oxygen the body will receive.
- Normalizes metabolic processes, helps to cleanse the body. Scientists have found that the human excretory system works most actively in the evening. Best of all, the body is cleansed of harmful toxins and toxins with a slow, long run.
- Eliminates excess calories eaten during the day. Running for more than 30 minutes will help you shed those extra centimeters on your stomach and shape a beautiful figure for the beach season: while you sleep, trained muscles will continue to expend energy and fight fat stores.
- Improves performance. Well increases endurance running for medium and long distances. An evening workout will not negatively affect your ability to work, as it can happen after a morning workout.
- Improves hormone production and immunity. Running activates the endocrine system – stimulates the production of insulin, testosterone, growth hormones, and thyroxine (determines the metabolic rate).
- It has a positive effect on mental abilities. Jogging improves cognitive performance at a young age and protects the brain from aging. Brain functionality is enhanced by acting on nerve stem cells and accelerating the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Fights insomnia. Moderate stress improves the emotional background, helps to abstract from work, makes sleep sound. Running is especially useful for people who work the night shift.
How to find time for evening jogging and not quit sports?
Novice athletes believe that after work you need to have dinner and rest, and only then go in for sports. This common mistake gets in the way of getting the most out of the running because the body goes into a passive state, and re-engaging in work is additional stress. Better not to take such breaks.
So that the thought of jogging after work does not depress, choose a suitable distance, pace, route. If running in a circle in a circle causes mental fatigue, take another path. Do what you can do on a regular basis, and the sport will not be a burden.
What kind of warm-up should you do before running in the evening?
The joints are designed so that synovial fluid is released from the deep layers of cartilage during movement. When the load decreases, the fluid returns to the interior of the cartilage. If the joint is unexpectedly exposed to a large load, then due to the lack of synovial fluid, unpleasant and painful sensations will appear. A warm-up complex should help solve this problem – improve glide and prevent injury.
The duration of the warm-up depends on the upcoming run. It can take less time in the evening than in the morning. Do the following exercises before running in the evening:
- swinging hands up and down and rotation;
- spreading arms to the sides;
- the body tilts to the sides, forward and backward;
- circular movements in the knee joints on bent legs while standing;
- standing toe raises;
- lunges with striding forward;
- side lunges;
- standing on one leg, bend the other at the knee and pull your foot towards the buttock with your hand;
- put your hands on the wall, put one leg back (40-60 cm from the front leg) and stretch your heel until it touches the surface.
In order not to get confused in the sequence of exercises, start the warm-up from the head and gradually lower to the calf muscles. For one exercise, do 10-20 reps.
Firstly, running in the evening will help relieve the stress that has accumulated over the whole day. After your workout, you will feel relaxed, calm, tired, and in a positive mood. Morning jogging, on the other hand, can only tire you if you have a hard day ahead. Therefore, at the beginning of the day, it is better to do some simple exercises or gymnastics to wake up and go jogging in the evening.
Benefit for health
Scientists also support the idea of an evening run and argue that it is from 18 to 20 in the evening that a person is at the peak of his activity. Therefore, the benefits of running during this period of time will be one hundred percent, and the effectiveness is much higher than that of the morning “counterparts”. In addition, evening jogging will give the body the opportunity to replenish oxygen in the blood and improve circulation, and muscles that have not been actively involved during the day will be able to tone up. Thanks to this, the figure will be much easier to keep in shape.
In the evening, running is incredibly convenient, since you don’t need to rush anywhere and you can afford an additional circle or a couple of exercises on simulators if there are any nearby. Do not worry that you still need to have time to wash, get dressed, put on makeup, and get to work on time. One of the easiest and most affordable ways to promote weight loss is jogging. The ability to lose extra pounds, regardless of the schedule of gyms and without spending money, is attractive to many people. You can remove extra centimeters from the sides and abdomen by running. This is a universal remedy for both women and men, allows you to keep fit and build up some muscle groups, especially the priests. Depending on the choice of time of day, you can get a different effect. Morning jogging strengthens the nervous and cardiovascular systems. While it is the evening jogging that helps to lose weight. So, jogging in the evening for weight loss, how to do it right?
Weight loss effectiveness
The benefit of running in the evenings is that it is much more effective to lose weight with it than with morning jogging. Evening activity helps to quickly burn calories accumulated throughout the day. Therefore, if you indulge yourself too much at lunch, an evening run can solve this problem.
Running in the evening for weight loss
Running in the evening for weight loss helps burn excess calories. How long should you run to lose weight? In the process of running, the body begins to spend a spare sugar – glycogen. During the first 40-50 minutes of training, the body’s cells cease to cope with the production of glycogen, and the body begins to use up stored fat deposits.
That is why you need to run for at least 50-60 minutes to lose fat mass. During this time, the body will stop using glycogen and start burning fat stores.
Important! Running for 10-20 minutes will not achieve the slimming effect.
In order to avoid the body getting used to the loads, it is necessary to alternate fast running for short distances with more relaxed running over long distances. This will help keep your body toned and burn more calories.
In addition, an evening run for weight loss allows you to get rid of the stress accumulated during the day, soothing and making you sleep deeper.
Important information! Running is prohibited for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system, with chronic and inflammatory processes, deformation of the organs of the musculoskeletal system.
Is it possible to lose weight by running in the evenings?
Can I run in the evening to lose weight? Definitely yes. However, with long races, there comes a time when the body depletes the supply of glycogen, and the breakdown of fats has not yet begun. During this period, muscle proteins begin to be consumed. Thus, if the goal of jogging is to dry the body without losing muscle mass, then jogging should be abandoned.
You can achieve the desired weight loss effect by doing interval jogging. It is a series of running exercises with maximum effort and relaxation. For example, 100 meters is a quiet walk, 100 is jogging, and 100 is a sprint run at maximum speed and effort. If you alternate this sequence for 30-40 minutes, you get the effect of long-term fat burning.
Note! Using interval jogging promotes fat burning for 6 hours after training.
A wise choice of workout clothes helps to promote weight loss. The ammunition should be made of natural fabrics, not squeezing and light. Jogging shoes are a must, especially for running on the tarmac.
You can achieve a greater effect with the help of special shorts for women. When using them, more active perspiration occurs, which leads to the removal of toxins and toxins from the tissues of the body.
When to run
You need to start your workout with a calm walk.
You can go jogging either 1 hour before eating or 2 hours after. It is known that the period from 16:00 to 18:00 is considered the most effective time when the muscle mass is ready to accept loads. Therefore, by choosing a time within this interval, you can get great benefits and effects.
The principle of the evening run does not differ from the morning one. You need to start your workout with a calm walk. Smoothly increasing the pace and load, you need to enable the body to adapt its metabolism.
Important! A gradual increase in activity helps to activate the work of the internal systems responsible for the process of burning fat.
In addition to choosing the pace and time of the lesson, you need to attend to the choice of the route. For beginner runners, it is best to opt for straight, level surfaces. The choice of places with more difficult terrain increases the load on the musculoskeletal system.
Note! When running in the dark, you should be extremely careful. Protruding bumps or holes can cause severe injury.
Can I eat after exercise?
In the event that a period of sleep comes shortly after training, you can postpone your evening meal in the morning.
Since running on an empty stomach in the evenings is not recommended for weight loss, you need to take a light snack 30-60 minutes before jogging. This can be low-fat cottage cheese or yogurt, vegetable salad, or fruit.
Note! There is the concept of a carbohydrate window. It means no replenishment of carbohydrate balance within 15 minutes after training. Ignoring this event can lead to metabolic disorders. The choice of a glass of juice, dried fruits will prevent the development of this process.
A full meal is possible 40-50 minutes after a run. Adhering to the rule of the ratio of carbohydrates and proteins in 3: 1 gram per 1 kg of weight, you can contribute to the process of losing weight.
Protein foods work well for an after-run meal. Cereals, eggs, dairy products, and lean meats will replenish the burned glycogen stores.
To reduce the load on the cardiovascular and excretory systems, before starting a workout, you need to reduce the amount of water consumed. While running, you can quench your thirst in small sips by taking 200-250 ml of water at the end of the run.
Choosing the evening time for jogging determines the best psychological effect. The absence of the need for an early morning rise increases psychological comfort in the process of training.
Note! Evening jogging allows, in addition to weight loss, to get rid of stress due to the production of endorphins. In addition, such a run helps to burn the extra calories accumulated during the day.
In addition, evening running should be chosen because of the possible feeling of fatigue, which affects the ability to work.
Active processes of the excretory system in the evening help to lose weight along with jogging.
Summing up, we can confidently say that it is the choice of an evening run, coupled with adherence to a diet, that helps to reduce body fat. In addition to shedding extra pounds, running in the evening helps to relieve the accumulated tension and stress. Comfortable sportswear, properly observed drinking regimen, and diet – all this contributes to the earliest possible achievement of the desired result.
Differences between running in the morning and in the evening
The advantage of jogging in the morning is that you are energized and energized for the whole day. Running on an empty stomach in the morning burns the calorie limit, which is important if you want to lose weight. Thereafter, it is recommended from protein and fiber. However, if you are not overweight, but have muscle, do not run on an empty stomach, as together fat you will get rid of muscle mass.
Running in the evenings guarantees muscle growth (especially when running with weights). Is evening jogging good for weight loss? Yes. The body burns calories even while recovering from a run. The benefits of running have been proven for those who “seize” stress. In addition, evening jogging is a great stress reliever and has a beneficial effect on sleep. In this regard, evening jogging is more profitable than morning jogging: they relieve and do not create stress for the body.
How to run properly in the evenings: nutrition
To lose weight, run on an empty stomach, or eat carbohydrates, they are absorbed the fastest. For example, cereals on the water, cereal bars, low-fat dairy products (cottage cheese, yogurt), fruits.
Eat often and in small portions, then in the evening, you will not feel severe hunger. Heavy food in the evening is stored in fat and promotes insomnia, so it is recommended to eat dairy products, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, and vegetables. Go out for an evening run an hour after eating.
How to run properly in the evenings: clothes
When choosing clothes, rely on your own comfort and weather conditions. There is no fundamental difference in time when you run – dress for the weather.
Underwear: cotton panties, for women – sports bra, socks; in winter – thermal underwear;
Outerwear. In summer, sports shorts, tights (tight pants), loose sweatpants, a sports top, or a T-shirt (always made of breathable material, such as linen or cotton) are suitable. In windy weather – a windbreaker or a light jacket. For the cold season, wear a jacket over it, you can ski suit, a hat, and gloves. If the jacket does not cover the neck tightly – scarves and headbands (worn over the head);
Shoes. For your workouts, get a trainer shoe that provides comfort and support for your foot while running.
How to run properly in the evenings: warm-up and stretching
Warming up is an important component of how to run properly in the evenings. The body gets tired in a day, and to get the maximum effect from running, it needs to be warmed up and stretched. Warm-up warms up and stretches the muscles, which prevents possible injuries, as well as prepares the body for physical activity, and promotes long-term work.
Warm-up with swinging and circular movements of the upper and lower limbs, lunges, bends, rotations of the body and head. Then run.
When and where to run in the evenings?
The question is “when?” rather subtle: each person has their own biorhythms. But on average, jogging is recommended in the morning from 6:30 to 7:30 (at this time the body perceives muscle load better), in the afternoon – from 11 to 12, in the evening – from 16 to 18.
Run-on a flat, soft surface, such as a rubberized track in a stadium. Start with short runs, gradually increasing your running time. If you do not feel well, immediately move to a step, but do not stop immediately, first restore your breathing. Inhale deeply, slowly raising your arms up, then lower as you exhale. Repeat several times. Alternating jogging with walking is effective in losing weight and is good for the heart muscle.
- Be careful. Do not run on busy roads, exhaust fumes will only harm your health. Choose locations with good lighting and a level road to avoid accidental tripping in the dark and injury.
- Duration of the evening run – no more than half an hour is recommended. Otherwise, instead of improving sleep, you will achieve the opposite effect. It is recommended to take short pauses and not stop right away.
- Don’t run after rest. When the body goes from passive to active state abruptly, it causes stress. Be sure to warm up, walk around before running.
- Breathe through your nose. So the body is saturated with oxygen as much as possible, which contributes to the productive work of muscles and internal organs. If you cannot breathe through your nose and breathe through your mouth (choking), then this means that you are not running in an aerobic (cardio) mode, but in an anaerobic mode, which is useless for strengthening the heart and burning fat. Therefore, reduce the load so as to breathe through the nose. If you can’t run like that, then walk until you feel the strength to run correctly.
- Be sure to have breakfast and lunch, and an hour before your workout, you can get yourself a fruit or an energy bar. After your run, eat something light (protein, fruits, vegetables) to help repair muscle tissue.