Calorie content per 100 grams
Calories: 218.98 kcal
Proteins: 7.25 g
Fat: 5.75 g
Carbohydrates: 36.67 g
- Dry the buckwheat in a dry preheated pan over medium heat, stir for 4-5 minutes. Make sure that the groats do not burn, but slightly change color and acquire a flavor. Pour the fried buckwheat onto a plate.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- In a preheated skillet in olive oil, save the onion until transparent.
- Add garlic to the onion and cook for 1 minute over low heat.
- Add the grits to the onions and cover with boiling water. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes over low heat until buckwheat is fully cooked. If the liquid evaporates too quickly, add more water.
- Peel and finely grate the beets.
- Mix beets with cooked buckwheat and add lemon juice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.