On a mold 22-24 cm, a glass of 200 ml –
For the dough:
¼ teaspoon of salt;
200 ml sour cream (1 glass);
A bunch of fresh herbs (dill, parsley, green onions);
200 g rice +whole wheat flour (1.5 cups);
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon of baking soda;
A piece of butter for greasing the mold.
For the meatballs:
250-300 g ground meat;
1 medium onion;
Salt, ground black pepper;
- Cover the cake pan with parchment. Lubricate with butter. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- For the meatballs, mix the minced meat, peeled and coarsely grated onion, egg, salt, spices, you can sprinkle little chopped greens. Minced meat is suitable for chicken, beef. It is better than the minced meat is not very greasy, otherwise fat will begin to melt from the meatballs during baking. Or use a one-piece pan, such as baking pies in a cast-iron skillet with a heat-resistant handle, for example. Mix the ingredients well.
- Cooking the dough with sour cream. Whisk the eggs lightly with a generous pinch of salt.
- Add sour cream. I used 20%, it is a bit thick, so I think 15% is optimal. If you use a thinner – 10%, you may need a little more flour.
- Mix and add finely chopped greens.
- I added a few versatile spices and turmeric to the dough for flavor and color.
- Stir again, sift the flour mixed with baking powder and baking soda. I add a little soda plus to the baking powder wherever there is sour cream in the dough since in combination with a fermented milk product, adding soda to the dough gives an even better fluffiness effect.
- After mixing, the dough is thicker than for pancakes but slightly thinner than for muffins.
- We spread the dough into a mold, level with a spoon. We sculpt meatballs from the ground meat the size of walnuts – and spread them over the dough.
- We put the pie in the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and dry with a wooden stick. During baking, the meatballs “sink” slightly in the dough.
- After cooling the pie for 10-15 minutes, open the form and move our pastries onto a dish.
- You can sprinkle grated cheese on a warm pie with meatballs, it will be even tastier and more aromatic.
If you liked this post, so you might be interested in: