1/3 tsp cumin
1/3 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
150 g sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 cloves of garlic
2 small fresh cucumbers
1 tsp olive oil
1 bunch fresh cilantro
salt, pepper to taste
- Dissolve yeast in 150 ml of warm water. Combine sifted flour with cumin, two tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Mix water with yeast and flour and knead the dough – the consistency of the dough should be tight enough (add more flour if necessary). Place the dough under the lid and leave it in a warm place.
- Cut the chicken fillet into small pieces, add olive oil and pre-mixed spices, mix. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Fry the chicken fillet in a well-heated pan on all sides. Cover the finished meat with a lid so that it does not cool.
- Roll out the dough into the thinnest possible layer on a floured surface. Cut circles from the dough, about 15 cm in diameter. Fry the cakes on both sides over medium heat in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- For Tzatziki sauce, combine natural yogurt, finely grated cucumbers without skin, crushed garlic, olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped cilantro and stir.
- On a warm flatbread, place the fried chicken, a few lettuce leaves, chopped tomatoes, and red onion, cut into half rings. Drizzle with Tzatziki sauce.
- Fold the cake in half and serve!
If you liked this post, so you might be interested in: