I do not know how would you call this recipe, but in Ukraine we call it Korean carrots, on our markets Korean women sell it and I love this.
Korean-style carrots are juicy, nutritious and delicious. Such a carrot is also useful, because, due to its pungency, it improves digestion.
You can also use it for making salads, rolls, pies. Korean carrots go well with meat dishes, boiled potatoes and pasta. Normally, should be used another grater, but, unfortunately, I do not have it, so I used regular one.
carrots – 1200 g;
ground coriander – 1 tbsp.
ground black pepper – 1 tsp or 1 1/2
ground red pepper – 0.5 tsp
sugar – 3 tbsp.
salt – 1 tsp
carnation – 2-4 buds
bay leaf – 2-3 pcs.
garlic – 4-6 cloves
vinegar 9% – 2 tbsp.
vegetable oil – 150 ml.
From this amount of products, you will get 2 jars of 0.5 liters.
- Prepare ingredients according to the list.
- Peel the carrots and grate on a special grater in thin and long strips. You should get 1 kg of grated carrots.
- Pour ground red and black peppers into the carrots.
- Add salt, sugar and ground coriander.
- Peel the garlic and pass through a press or you can finely chop.
- Mix the whole mass thoroughly, add clove buds, bay leaves and arrange in jars. You do not need to tamp it tightly. Pour the resulting juice into the jars.
- Boil the vegetable oil. Add vinegar to it and pour into jars.
- Close the jars with lids and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. During this time, you need to turn over or shake the cans several times.
- Homemade Korean carrots are very tasty, juicy, crispy, and moderately spicy. Can be served at the table.
If you liked this post, so you might be interested in: