Calories per 100 g: 137 kcal/ 7 proteins/ 5 fats/ 14 carbs
5-6 tablespoons of milk;
2 tablespoons of cocoa;
5 tablespoons of healthy flour (rice, whole wheat, oatmeal, or any other);
1 teaspoon of baking powder;
3 tablespoons of cane sugar or another sweetener to taste.
250 ml of milk;
2 tablespoons of cane sugar;
1 tablespoon of corn starch;
Also optionally nuts (30-50 g) are added.
- We make the basis for the cake. Beat eggs with sugar, add milk, flour with baking powder, cocoa. Mix the dough well. It turns out thick.
- Put the dough in a mold or just on a parchment sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
- Make custard. We mix milk, sugar and starch – put on fire. Cook until thickened, not bringing to a boil.
- Cool the cake. Break into pieces, put in a blender bowl. Also add nuts. Grind the contents into crumbs.
- Transfer the resulting mixture into a bowl, pour the custard. Mix the mass. It turns out to be thick and viscous, molds well. But it’s better to let it brew for 30 minutes.
- Form a cake of the desired shape and size.
- You can decorate it with the rest of the cream by making white peaks on a cake or pour with chocolate / glaze (2 tablespoons of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of cocoa, 20 g of butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar – cook until thickened).
The recipe is prepared without strict rules. It is always possible to replace one or another ingredient with a more acceptable one:
- It is not necessary to bake a cake under the cake. Use the remaining biscuit left over after making another cake or pie.
- Instead of corn starch, you can take 10 g of gelatin. In this case, heat the milk with gelatin to a warm state in the microwave. Then add sugar / sweetener. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. Pour the mass into the biscuit crumble, mix and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Only then, when the mixture becomes thicker, do we form “potatoes”.
- Cook without cocoa. The cake will turn white inside. From above, for authenticity, you can pour dessert with melted dark chocolate.
- If you want to make “potato” from store cookies, choose more useful varieties of it, such as oatmeal cookies.
- Instead of cow’s milk, use any vegetable: oat, chickpea, almond, etc. And also, in fasting and vegans, you can not use eggs in the recipe. Replacing them with a mixture of flaxseed with water (2 tablespoons of seeds, pour 50 ml of water – grind with a blender).
- You can decorate dessert in different ways, in accordance with the upcoming event. If you cook for the New Year, depict the face of the animal, a symbol of the coming year. For example a mouse, a cow. For children, a decoration in the form of a hedgehog, with numerous white peaks on top, is more suitable. And to make it convenient to eat, the cake can be placed on a stick, making it in the form of a popsicle.
If you liked this post, maybe you gonna be interested in that: