Onion– 1 pc.
Carrot– 1 pc.
Ground chicken– 500 g.
Tomato paste- 1-2 tbsp.
Sugar– 1 tsp.
Spices for chicken ( I love to add a lot)
Cloves- 1-2 pc.
Fresh basil leaves
- Chop the onion and brown it on the preheated frying pan with olive oil.
- Ground the carrot and add it to the frying pan. Fry it for 3 minutes, maybe 5.
- Add ground chicken and mix it quickly. breaking the pieces with 2 spatulas.
- Add all spices, except cloves and bay leaves. Add salt as well. Cook it till it is almost ready.
- Add tomato paste with sugar and mix very well. Add water till it covers the chicken.
- Then add bay leave, cloves and fresh basil, oregano, mix it well, and let it sizzle for 10 minutes or till it is ready, I always check.
- As for spices, I never write how much of them I use, I just add them, some more, some less.
- I made whole wheat pasta with this sauce, so boil water in a small casserole, when it boils, add salt and the right amount of pasta, I always do el dente.
- You can enjoy sauce with pasta, rice, buckwheat, millet, cornmeal, couscous.
- Serve with fresh greens on the top, if you want.