Have you ever noticed that mood and emotional state depend on your thoughts? Sure, yes. But when problems surround, positive thoughts leave my head. How to step over yourself? How to learn to think positively?
Laws of positive thoughts
Positive thinking is taught in specialized trainings and workshops. Lectures on positive thinking cost a lot of money, and their participants leave disappointed. Fortunately, you do not need to learn long how to think positively. It’s enough just to want it.
The power of positive thinking
First you need to understand why thinking positively is better. There are just a few simple things.
First, if you pay attention to the pros, it will be easier for you to cope with stress and depression. Imagine: you fell under the reduction in the old workplace. Agree, there is little pleasant. But it will be much easier for you to survive this if you think about the fact that a new professional world is opening before you. And from there flow new acquaintances, new skills, professional growth. If you think about it, you will survive the difficult stage much faster and easier.
Secondly, positive thoughts motivate. Let’s go back to the example of job loss. If you take a positive and responsible approach to finding a new job, you will find it faster and easier.
Thirdly, your mental and emotional state will improve. You will not drown your feelings, because the advantages that you will find in the situation will be much more important than the minuses.
Fourth, you extend your life. You know that nerve cells are not restored?
How to learn to think positively
Now that you know why you need it, it’s time to understand how to learn to think positively. Here are 6 tips to get you started.
1. Remember your negative thoughts, how often they appear. Waking up in the morning, few people want to go to work. We immediately get into the head negative. Drive it away from you, try to replace it with a positive. Think about how you will increase the company’s profits if you spend your day effectively today. Or that there is not much time until the next paycheck, and you work for a reason. Be objective. Try to assess the situation from all sides. And if it becomes more difficult to find a positive in something, think about it. Perhaps the time has come to really change something.
2. Try to remind yourself of the pros not only in the form of statements, but also in the form of questions. Let’s say: why do I go to work? Try to ask yourself only about objective things. For example, the question “why am I feeling so bad?” You are unlikely to be able to respond positively to yourself.
3. Avoid things that cause you negative emotions. If you want to hide under the bed after watching the news release, try watching less news. If after listening to music you have tears come and you want to wrap yourself in a blanket and not get out of it – try to listen less to this artist. The more you do what provokes you, the sadder you live. Think about it and do more things that inspire you.
4. Try to find the most peaceful place to live. Do things that soothe and relax you. If you enjoy walking, be sure to do it. If a piece of chocolate gives you a good mood, do not deny yourself it. We assure you that your figure will not suffer much.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. If there are so many whiners around that are pulling you to the bottom, after meeting with whom it is difficult to find at least one reason to continue to live on, save yourself from these people. Do not take other people’s problems too close to your heart. Do not stop empathizing and helping others, but try to protect yourself from the negative energy that you can receive. Nothing should stop you from enjoying life.
6. Remember: the world is not black and white. There are no angels in it, just like absolute evil. Everything has its pros and cons. When analyzing your life, try to think more about the pros. But this does not mean that cons should be ignored. Try to get rid of them like a load that pulls you down. Only then will you become an absolutely happy person.