Cooking time: 1 hour
You can cook it both on water and on broth (meat or vegetable).
Rinse the chickpeas properly under running water and soak for 6-8 hours. If possible, change the water several times during this time.
- Before boiling chickpeas, rinse them again. Pour in plenty of fresh water and cook over medium heat until the peas can be crushed with your fingers (usually 40 minutes).
Drain the water in which the chickpeas were boiled. Leave half the peas in the pan, set aside half.
- Pour a liter of water or broth into the pan, put a small piece of onion and a clove of garlic. Boil until soft. Then remove them from the pan.
- Do not touch the second half of the chickpea.
- Grind the chickpea broth with a blender. Add salt.
- Now is the time to add the remaining chickpeas.
- Pour the soup into plates. In each serving, add crackers. You can add the seeds separately (pumpkin and sunflower seeds will do).
Chickpea soup is very hearty! Energize you for the whole day!