The main risk factors for the syndrome of overtraining in athletes can be grouped as follows:
- undiagnosed diseases and pathological conditions;
- physiological stress factors: repeated change of time zones, undosed use of additional adaptation factors (high mountains, high mountains, hypoxic training in laboratory conditions), training in high or low temperatures, polluted air, domestic and professional intoxications;
- hygienic factors: a) nutritional (negative energy balance, insufficient intake of carbohydrates and / or proteins, iron deficiency, magnesium deficiency, etc.), b) violation of the drinking regime – chronic fluid deficiency, c) violation of the regime (lack of sleep, drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.);
- side effects of pharmacological drugs;
- stressful psychological factors (increased expectations from the coach or family members, prolonged competitive stress, personality structure features, poor social environment, poor relationships with family and friends, personal or emotional problems, as well as additional requirements related to school or work);
- errors in the organization and content of the training process;
complete disregard for current biomedical control.