According to statistics, 4 million adults suffer from scoliosis. The risk group includes children who do not know how to sit at the table. But even if you suffer from scoliosis, this is not a sentence. There are many exercises that will help to cope with the disease and relieve pain.
Types of exercises
All exercises are divided into 2 groups:
Performing gymnastic elements strictly with a straight back. When curving, the load on the spine is not distributed correctly, because of this the muscles begin to suffer. Exercises in this group will help correct the curvature and tone the muscles.
The implementation of such exercises should take place under the strict supervision of a physician. Performing asymmetric gymnastic elements helps to correct any one section of the curvature, while not touching the other.
For classes at home, only symmetrical exercises are suitable, which will be discussed later.
- Bring your legs together, and put your hands on your waist. Take a shallow breath, and pull the right knee towards you until a right angle is formed between the body.
- Lying on your back, spread your arms to the sides. Take a deep breath, while raising your legs up. After a couple of seconds, exhale and lower your legs back.
- Bring your legs together while pulling the socks away from you. Take a deep breath and put your arms around your shoulders. When exhaling, spread your arms in different directions, and leave your legs in the same position. Repeat the exercise several times.
- Put your hands under your back. Slowly lift your legs up, 40 cm from the floor. Take a deep breath and bend your legs slowly. As you exhale, return them to their original position.
- Put your head on your forearms. Raise your legs slowly and bend them at the knees. Repeat several times.
- Lying on your stomach try to raise your shoulders and legs at the same time. Legs should not be bent, they should be straight.
- Gently stretch your legs and arms forward. Take a deep breath while raising your right arm and leg. After a couple of minutes, lower and exhale. The same thing needs to be done with the left limb.
- Stretch your limbs in front of you. On a deep breath, raise your arms and legs to the top. Try to stay in this position for a few seconds. Lower your limbs and exhale.
These exercises must be performed every day.