We continue to learn new ways of losing weight at home. Today we’ll talk about a home fitness machine such as a Fit ball or gymnastic ball, which is very effective for losing weight and maintaining the muscles of the whole body in good shape and is much cheaper than other exercise machines. Many of you have probably come across fit ball lessons since such training with the ball is included in the schedule of most fitness clubs. Today we will consider the positive aspects of doing fit ball exercises for weight loss at home and the complex of the most effective exercises with a gymnastic ball that you can perform at home.
Fitball for weight loss: the positive aspects of gymnastics
1. Fit ball for weight loss at home. Well, for starters, it should be noted that exercise on a fit ball is a very effective cardio workout for weight loss, and at home. To do this, you just need to buy a gym ball for home fitness and stock up on the most effective exercises that involve the maximum number of muscle groups.
2. Fit ball for correct posture. The ball for fitness will also allow you to form the correct posture, excluding stoop. This feature consists in the fact that during classes on the fit ball you constantly maintain balance. Thus, a large number of torso muscles are involved, which in turn support correct posture. It is interesting that in most other physical activities, these muscles are practically not included in the work. You can also use the gymnastic ball as a “chair” while watching TV or reading your favorite book, so you will be sure that you sit as evenly as possible and do not hunch your back like on an ordinary sofa.
3. Fit ball for the development of muscle “bark”. Classes on the fit ball will also be able to develop the muscles of the “core”. This muscle group includes back and abdominal muscles. These muscles maintain the vertical position of the body during movements, so maintaining them in good shape is necessary. They are also included in the work while maintaining balance when practicing on a fit ball.
4. Fit ball for pumping the abdominal muscles. Speaking of the abs, a set of exercises on a fit ball will help you not only lose weight but at the same time allow you to pump slightly embossed abdominal muscles. The target load on the abdominal muscles is carried out not only in exercises aimed at abs but also during the performance of other exercises not related to pumping abs. This, again, is associated with attempts to maintain balance throughout the entire fit ball class.
5. Fit ball exercises for the buttocks. Classes on fit balls include a wide variety of exercises for the buttocks, and with the help of the ball, they can be worked out much better, including the entire group of gluteal muscles.
6. Fit ball to increase overall stamina and muscle strength. Classes on fit balls involve a large number of muscle groups, thereby developing their strength and increasing tone. By strengthening your back muscles with a gym ball, you can get rid of back pain.
How to choose the right fit ball (gymnastic ball) for weight loss?
In order to maximize the effect of training on the fit ball, you need to choose the right gymnastic ball in accordance with your height and goals.
Arriving at a sports store, you will see a large number of different fitness balls, one of which is quite small, more reminiscent of a basketball. Such a fitness ball is called a fit ball, it is much heavier than a basketball and has practically no jumping ability. Such a ball is worth buying if your goal is to increase muscle strength and a certain amount of muscle building, as well as with the correct use of maintaining the achieved results. In other words, such a fitness ball can be used instead of dumbbells as a weighting agent.
If you want to lose weight, burn excess body fat and make your figure fit and slim, in this case, you should stop your choice on a classic big enough fit ball, the size of which must be selected in accordance with your height. This will help to make your exercises on the fit ball for weight loss not only more effective but also comfortable. It will also reduce the risk of injuries and sprains, so when choosing a gym ball to lose weight at home, take this process seriously and use the data below that correlate a person’s height and the required diameter of the ball.
- height up to 152 cm – ball diameter 45 cm;
- height 152-164 cm – ball diameter 55 cm;
- height 164-180 cm – ball diameter 65 cm;
- height up to 180-200 cm – ball diameter 75 cm;
- height above 200 cm – ball diameter 85 cm.
There is also another way to check if a particular gym ball is suitable for your height. To do this, you need to sit on the middle (top) of the ball, legs bend at the knees, while the foot should be firmly pressed to the floor, and the popliteal joints should form a 90-degree angle (right angle), that is, the hips should be strictly parallel to the floor. If this position is observed, the ball is suitable for starting training.
In order for the gymnastic ball to fulfill its purpose, namely, to influence the process of losing weight and affecting muscle fibers, it must be well inflated so that it is elastic. On the packaging of each ball is indicated its maximum diameter to which it can be inflated. Although the manufacturers made sure that in the event of a puncture the ball does not explode, but rather slowly releases air, it is still not worth the risk and inflating the ball much more than the indicated value.
Also in the store, you can see a fit ball with handles, you only need such a ball if you are going to jump on it, if you are only going to perform exercises, then you do not need a ball with handles. By the way, a ball for jumping often has not only handles but also a massage relief that enhances pleasant sensations.
Also, when buying a ball for fitness, pay attention to the quality of the ball itself, it should not have too strong a smell, which over time may not disappear. Also pay attention to the density of the rubber, because the effectiveness of your training and safety also depends on this. If the density of the rubber is not sufficient or not uniform, the ball may burst during the session, and so-called “bumps” may appear on the surface of the ball, where the density of the rubber was less. Therefore, when buying, carefully review the ball and do not rush at too low prices, the cost of a good, and most importantly safe for your health fitness ball starts, somewhere from $ 12 and above.
Fitball exercises for weight loss, pumping of the buttocks, abs, and other muscle groups
Before each workout, be sure to perform a warm-up set of exercises for all muscle groups, this will not only allow you to warm up the muscles before training to increase its effectiveness but also reduce the risk of injuries and sprains.
The following 5 exercises can be used not only as aerobic loads on the ball but also as a warm-up complex on the fit ball. If you are a beginner and are not used to practicing on a fit ball, you can hold the ball slightly with your hands so that it does not roll during the exercise. You can use the exercises on the fit ball below as a single set of exercises, or you can choose your favorite and make your own sequence. The complex should be completed in 2-3 approaches.
- Fitball exercise Starting position: Sit on the edge of the ball, bend your knees at a right angle, and spread them to the width of your shoulders. Keep your back straight, straighten your shoulders, slightly lowering the shoulder blades. Tighten your abdominal muscles, thereby drawing in your stomach. From the starting position, start to bounce slightly on the ball, alternately raising your knees as high as possible. It turns out as if running or march sitting with a high knee. While raising the knee, you can also raise and lower your arms up and down one by one. To complicate the exercise, you can eliminate swaying (bouncing) on the ball and simply march at a fairly intense pace, trying to pull the knee higher. Exercise should be performed within 1-1.5 minutes.
- Fitball Exercise Repeat the starting position of the previous exercise. After that, start again to bounce slightly on the ball, while spreading and bringing together the legs bent at the knees. Having mastered, add the work of the hands, namely, raise both hands up and during the legs, spread your arms to the sides. Perform the exercise 10-15 times.
- Fitball exercise Starting position: Sit on the edge of the fit ball, bend your legs at the knees, and spread them slightly wider than your shoulders. Try to keep your back straight, shoulders apart, hands gently hold the ball to the side or behind you. From this position, jump on the ball and transfer the body weight to the left leg (bent at a right angle), at this time, stretch the right leg to the side. Then, during the next bounce on the ball, change your leg, transferring the center of gravity to the right leg and pulling the left to the side. At run time, a lunge to the left, then to the right, is obtained. Perform the exercise in the hands: while the right leg extends to the side, stretch the right hand up and pull to the left side by slightly tilting the body to the left. During a leg change, change your outstretched arm. Perform the exercise 10-16 times (5-8 exercises per leg).
- Fitball exercise Starting position: Sit on the edge of the fit ball, bend your knees at a right angle, and spread them slightly wider than your shoulder. Bend your arms at your elbows, spread your elbows to the sides and raise to shoulder level (with your palms you can touch your shoulders). From the starting position, jump on the ball by taking a step with the right foot to the right, simultaneously pulling the left knee to the chest and turning the body to the left, try to touch the knee of the left leg with the right elbow (the exercise crosses the cross, during the work oblique muscles of the abdomen are actively involved). After that, bounce on the ball again and take a step to the left, changing legs and turning the torso. Perform the exercise 10-16 times.
- Fitball exercise Starting position: Sit on the top of the ball, bend your legs at the knees, bend your arms at the elbows, elbows parallel to the body. From this position, take 4-5 small steps forward, while, without lifting the pelvis from the ball, roll forward. The roll should be smooth, do not flop your back on the fit ball, the buttocks should smoothly move forward and down the ball, and the back should smoothly and gradually touch the surface of the ball (the fit ball should reach approximately to the shoulder blades). After that, take 4-5 steps back, gradually returning to the starting position. While walking, alternately move your hands back and forth, as if helping to march. Exercise is performed within 1-1.5 minutes.
- Fitball exercise (twisting) Starting position: Sit on the top of the ball, and then take a few steps forward, rolling on the ball so that the top of your buttocks, lower back, and back to the shoulder blades are completely against the surface of the ball. Bend your knees at a right angle and slightly spread them apart to make it easier to maintain balance. Hands can be locked in the back of the head, or crossed on the chest, in order to simplify the exercise, hands can simply be stretched out in front of you. From the starting position, gradually raise the head, shoulders, and shoulder blades upward, performing twisting. During the exercise, retract the abdomen and tighten the abs muscles as much as possible, while slightly pressing the lower back into the ball. Such an exercise pumps well the rectus abdominis muscle and is perfect for those who have problems with the back, namely the lumbar. Perform 10-15 twists.
7. Fitball exercise Starting position: Lie on the floor, put the shins on the top of the ball, stretch your arms along the body. Press the heels into the ball and tear your buttocks off the floor so that your body resembles a straight line. From this position, roll the ball towards yourself in such a way that the entire foot touches, while pushing the pelvis as high as possible. Hold in this position for 2-4 seconds, then roll the ball away from you again and return to the starting position. Do not place your pelvis on the floor during the entire exercise. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
8. Fitball exercise Starting position: Lie on the floor, stretch your legs, grab the ball in your hands and stretch them over your head. From this position at the same time tear-off straight legs (raise to the level of perpendicularity with the floor) from the floor and hands holding the ball. After that, gradually tear your head off the floor, then the shoulder blades. Next, grab the ball with your feet and return to its original position, but already holding the ball with your feet. Then repeat the exercise again and again hold the ball with your hands. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
9. Fitball exercise Starting position: focus on the hands, and then, in turn, place the upper parts of the feet or socks a little further on the top of the ball. In the initial position, your body should resemble an even line (bar), for this, try to tighten the pelvis on yourself and hold it, except for sagging and bulging up. From the starting position, straining the muscles of the abdomen and buttocks, try to push the pelvis as high as possible, while with your feet rolling the ball towards you. Hold in this position for 3-4 seconds, and then return to its original position. In order to facilitate the exercise, becoming in the starting position do not focus on the upper part of the foot or socks, but on the hips, and while pushing the pelvis and rolling the ball, bend your knees and bring the ball exactly to the level of the knees. Repeat exercise 5-10 times.
10. Fitball exercise Starting position: Lie on the top of the fit ball with your stomach, knees well rest on the side of the ball, and socks on the floor. Bend your arms at the elbows, turn them to the sides and raise to the height of the shoulders, connect your fingers together in a line. If desired, hands can be wound behind the head. From this position, lift the upper body up so that the top, back, buttocks, and back of the thigh resemble a straight line. Hold this position for 3-4 accounts and return to the starting position. During the exercise, try to tighten the gluteal muscles strongly. If you want to put more emphasis on the buttocks and back of the thigh and slightly reduce tension in the back, while lifting the body, slightly round the back. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
11. Fitball exercise Starting position: stand with your back to the wall and take a step from it, then insert a fit ball between the back and the wall (the ball should fit snugly in the center of the back). Put your feet shoulder-width apart, arms stretch out in front of you. Next, roll the ball, squat to the right angle in the popliteal joints. Then, also rolling the ball, return to its original position. During the exercise, the knees should not go beyond the level of the socks, squat as if sitting in a chair. Perform the exercise 10-15 times.
Perform this set of exercises on the fit ball for weight loss in 2-3 approaches. Over time, your muscles will grow stronger, and you can complicate the exercises or perform them more times or approaches. In any case, try to follow the technique of each exercise with the ball, feeling the work of each muscle group. This will be much more effective than performing exercises a large number of times and approaches at a high pace, but without observing the correct technique. Moreover, such an approach to training on a fit ball entails the occurrence of injuries, since when practicing with a gymnastic ball you must always keep balance. Therefore, only when your body gets used to the loads can you gradually increase the pace of the exercises on the ball.
In order for your exercises with the gymnastic ball for weight loss to be more effective, you should observe the regularity of the load, so try not to skip and conduct your home workouts on the fit ball at least 2-3 times a week. Moreover, do not forget about proper nutrition, without which any, even the most effective exercises on the fit ball will not be able to give a full-fledged result.