In summer, cooling and light meals and desserts are more relevant than ever. That is why many people losing weight in the summer easily refuse fatty and sweet desserts and switch to light and low-calorie ones. Of course, the best dessert for the summer is ice cream. Well, what could be better than a cold portion of ice cream in the midst of a hot day, especially since the choice of this dessert is so great that your eyes run wide and you want to try absolutely all kinds and varieties. But are they all so harmless to your figure and is it possible to eat all sorts of ice cream?
If you adhere to a diet and your goal is to lose extra pounds, then you should not forget that ice cream is a high-calorie product. Certain varieties of ice cream can contain up to 300-350 calories per 100 grams, depending on various additives, which, of course, can in no way lead to loss of excess weight.
- Popsicle. The high-calorie content of this ice cream is achieved by glazing it with chocolate. As a result, you get about 270 calories per 100 grams.
- Cream. This is perhaps the most favorite sort of ice cream, but, alas, the most fat and high-calorie. The percentage of fat can reach 20 grams, so you need to be very careful to include ice cream in your diet. The average calorie content of this variety is about 227 calories.
- Ice cream. Fans of delicate tastes also can not relax, because such ice cream contains about 11% fat. Calories 188.
- Milk ice cream. Here, the percentage of fat content and, accordingly, the percentage of caloric content is reduced. About 7% fat, and about 100 calories in 100 grams!
- Fruit ice cream. This type of ice cream can already be safely included in your diet because its calorie content can be about 100 calories!
- Fruit ice. The most harmless ice cream for your figure. Only about 70−80 calories per 100 grams.
When buying ice cream it is also important to understand that various additives give added calories – chocolate, caramel, nuts, honey, syrups, and more. That is why it is best to buy ice cream without any additives or to make low-calorie ice cream at home.
Banana ice cream
If you love this delicious exotic fruit, which has long been a familiar guest on our table, then you can try the banana ice cream, which is very simple to make at home. For this you need only two things:
These are bananas, of course. We take exclusively ripe fruits so that the healthy dessert turns out to be sweet and we did not have to add various sweeteners. Peel the bananas from the skin and cut them into circles. Now you need to put the bananas in the freezer and let them freeze. Here you have to wait at least a couple of hours, and better, as much as 5. After the bananas have frozen, take them out again, and now let them thaw a little. 10 minutes is enough for the bananas to get the right consistency.
- Blender. When our bananas have thawed a little, put them in a blender and beat until smooth. Our pp ice cream is almost ready.
You just have to put this healthy dessert in a flask and you can even add a little cocoa on top or a drop of honey. But this is according to your desire. This is the easiest and fastest way to make this dessert.
If you prefer to tinker a little more, then you can try healthy ice cream from banana and milk:
- 2 ripe bananas. We do the same with them as in the previous recipe – freeze and beat in a blender.
- 50 ml of milk. You can use ordinary cow’s milk, or you can take coconut, then your ice cream will have a pleasant coconut flavor.
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream. 10-15% fat sour cream is perfect.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. This ingredient will enhance the taste of our healthy ice cream.
Now mix the whipped bananas with the rest of the ingredients and beat again in a blender. The resulting mixture is poured into molds and sent to the freezer.
How to make curd ice cream
And here is the recipe for a dessert, which may well replace you with lunch or even dinner, because it is based on cottage cheese! This product is indispensable for weight loss, as it contains a lot of protein and few calories. And ice cream from cottage cheese turns out no worse than the notorious ice cream itself, but at the same time contains fewer calories and is absolutely harmless to your figure.
So, you will need the following ingredients:
- Cottage cheese. Take about 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese. The main thing is that the cottage cheese is not sour, because we are preparing a sweet dessert. Cottage cheese can be of any consistency since we will still whisk it in a blender.
- Natural yogurt. We will need about 4 or 5 tablespoons of yogurt.
- 2 bananas. These fruits add a certain sweetness to our dessert and you don’t have to use sweetener. Choose only ripe fruits.
- 1 peach or a handful of berries. Peach and cut into small cubes, we will add it to the whipped mass. Instead of peach, you can use any berries.
Now in a blender, beat the cottage cheese, yogurt, and bananas. If the mixture is too viscous, then you can add quite a bit of mineral water. In a homogeneous mixture, put the berries or peach and pour into molds.
100 grams of this dessert contains about 90 calories, so you can safely dine with such ice cream and not worry about your figure.
Strawberry ice cream
And here is the ice cream for lovers of fruit dessert. This is ideal for cooling on hot summer days, besides low-calorie. The basis of this ice cream is strawberries! This berry contains only 44 calories per 100 grams, but it is rich in fiber, which is very useful in losing weight. You will need the following ingredients:
- 400 grams of strawberries. If you do not have fresh strawberries, then it is quite possible to use frozen strawberries, the main thing is to unfreeze it a bit before cooking if you do not have a very powerful blender.
- 2 bananas. By tradition, we select only ripe fruits so that the ice cream turns out to be sweet without the addition of sugar.
- 180 grams of yogurt. We take only natural yogurt without the addition of various additives. Greek yogurt or regular Activation is fine.
Put all our ingredients in a blender and beat until smooth. Now it remains only to pour into forms and thaw. You can freeze ice cream in small molds, then it will freeze much faster, and you can take one more form. If you freeze in one form, it is better not to make the layer too thick, otherwise you will have to wait a very long time for freezing!
How to make fruit ice yourself
One of the most favorite healthy desserts, which contains the least calories and is very easy to prepare. Fruit ice is good in that it can be prepared from almost any fruit and berries, as well as juices. There are many options for making this ice cream, but we offer the simplest and most popular. The most important ingredients of this dessert are berries, fruits, and juices! From improvised means, you need a blender and molds. The best fruit ice tins are popsicle tins!
To prepare this healthy dessert from juice, you will need:
- Any juice. Take your favorite juice. It can be fresh, or it can be store juice. Of course, it is best to use sweet varieties of juice, then ice cream will be tastier.
- Any fruits or berries. Wash, clean, cut into small pieces. Of the fruits, peaches, apricots, pineapple, mango is ideal. From berries – strawberries or raspberries.
Put some chopped fruit or berries into the popsicle mold and fill with juice. Do not add about 1-1.5 cm to the top. We send it to the freezer and wait until the ice cream hardens. Ready ice cream should be held a little under hot water for 10 seconds so that it is easy to get it.
If you want to get more saturated fruit ice, then you need to prepare low-calorie ice cream from fruit pulp. For such ice cream, you can use several types of fruit pulp and make a healthy ice cream multilayer. In this case, each layer of pulp must be applied in stages:
1 layer of pulp and freeze for 30 minutes.
2 layer of pulp and freezing for 30 minutes.
3 layer of pulp and prolonged freezing for 5 hours.
This healthy ice cream is truly unique – it does not contain dairy products, which is important for people with lactose intolerance, does not contain sugar, and is very easy and quick to prepare.
You can prepare pp sorbet from any frozen fruit. moreover, it doesn’t matter at all whether you bought frozen fruit in the store or froze it yourself. This healthy dessert is also good because you can constantly experiment and mix different fruits to get a new and refined taste. Here is a list of the best fruits for making this dessert: watermelon, banana, lemon, blueberry, peach, apricot, strawberry, raspberry, mango, melon, orange.
All you need to cook:
- prepare fruits for freezing – wash, peel and cut into small pieces.
- freeze fruits.
- grind them in a blender.
Here are some variations of sorbet:
- 3 cups of strawberries + 1 tablespoon of honey + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice + 50 ml of warm water.
- 4 medium peaches + 1 tablespoon of honey + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice + 50 ml of warm water
- 4 cups of watermelon + 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice + 1 tablespoon of honey (if the watermelon is not very sweet)
- 2 ripe mangoes + 1 teaspoon of lime juice + 50 ml of warm water.
In order for healthy sherbet to completely freeze, it should take at least 4 hours, ideally about 5-6 hours.
Chocolate ice cream
For this ice cream you will need:
- 3 bananas. We select very ripe fruits. We clean and cut into small circles. Freeze them in the refrigerator for 5 hours. Before making ice cream, let them thaw a little.
- 3 tablespoons of milk. We take 1% milk, you can use any vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa. Be careful, because cocoa must be natural without various additives and sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth, then put them in the tins and send them to the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
Ice cream with ryazhenka
If you are a fan of cream ice cream, then the recipe with fermented baked milk is ideal for you. This fermented milk drink has a pleasant creamy caramel taste, and in combination with fruits or berries will become a real dessert!
You will need:
- 200 grams of ryazhenka.
- 400 grams of any berries.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
Mix all the ingredients in a blender. We pour the ready-made ice cream into molds and send it to the refrigerator.
Protein ice cream
If you need an extra portion of protein, then you can add a protein dessert to a protein lunch or dinner! You will need:
- 300 grams of milk. You can use ordinary cow’s milk, or you can use vegetable milk.
- 20 grams of protein.
- Any sweetener to your liking.
- Vanilla extract.
First, mix all the ingredients except protein. Mix thoroughly and set on fire. Bring to a boil, stir for 1 minute and remove from heat. Now you need to cool this milk mixture to room temperature.
Whisk the protein until white peaks and gently introduce into the cooled mixture, put on fire, and cook until thick. Remove from heat, cool, and send to the freezer for several hours.
Such simple and dietary ice cream recipes will surely help you survive hot days and not get better while enjoying your favorite dessert!