60 minutes of cooking time
There are several ways to prepare ghee oil, including ancient Indian, from milk or milk froth. But the easiest way to make ghee is from butter. To do this, choose the freshest, unsalted, sweet cream butter with a fat content of 82.5%. If possible, it is better to use rustic oil.
Butter (butter) 400–500 g
1. Cut the butter into several pieces and place it in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
2. Melt the butter over low heat. After boiling in 40-50 minutes, it should stratify into three parts – foam (it is on the surface), clear oil, and sediment. When the sediment becomes golden and the oil itself is amber, remove the pan from the heat.
3. If you decide to cook in the oven, then heat it up to 100-120 degrees. Put the container with oil in the oven, and after the oil has melted, cook another hour (the oil should also be divided into three parts).
4. When the oil has cooled slightly, pour it over cheesecloth into a jar. Waste foam and a sediment filter.
5. As it cools, the oil will become thick. Store it in a closet or in the fridge.