If modern medicine involves the treatment of diseased organs and systems separately, then alternative holistic medicine exactly the opposite advises to treat the human body as a single system. The trend of modern science is to combine these two directions.
If the tooth hurts, we go to the dentist. But not a cardiologist, although (and this is a scientific fact!), Bacteria that cause caries provoke a life-threatening endocarditis – inflammation of the inner lining of the heart.
But since our childhood we go to different doctors to treat different organs, there is a belief in our mind that every organ has its own illnesses, and it can be treated independently of the rest of the body.
If you think and look wider, you can come to an obvious conclusion: the organs that are a few centimeters apart cannot work (and therefore they can hurt) autonomously. And in the case of an illness, it is necessary to treat not the individual eye or the spleen, but the organism as a whole.
In our body there is a powerful framework that unites all organs and systems into a single whole. The spine is the basis of the body, on which practically all internal organs are fixed (roughly speaking, they are “suspended” on the spine). The nerves from which the brain directs the work of the internal organs and receives feedback from them leave the spinal cord. Accordingly, if there are violations in the spinal column, then the nerves that go to the internal organs can transmit incorrect information – and the organ will suffer. The converse is also true: if an organ is ill, it can affect the state of the spine.
Diagnosis of the spine
In medical practice, there is the so-called segmental innervation map: it clearly shows which vertebrae are associated with which organs.
- Cervical vertebrae – from 1 to 7 – are associated with the health of the organs of hearing and vision, speech apparatus and the state of the brain. Overstressed muscles in the cervical vertebrae can cause headaches. Exercises aimed at relaxing the neck, allow you to remove a headache (even during an attack) and correct vision.
- 7 cervical vertebra – a large nerve center, which is responsible for the health of the thyroid gland. The region of the 7th cervical and 1-3th thoracic vertebrae is also associated with heart health. Pay attention to the elderly people who have formed a pronounced “hump” at the base of the neck. With a probability of 99%, they have heart problems: pressure jumps, there are angina attacks or arrhythmias. If a young person has such a spinal deformity, this is a wake-up call: it’s time to take care of the health of the spine and check the heart.
- 4-8 thoracic vertebrae associated with the work of the digestive system. For example, regular consumption of coffee may give a feeling of heaviness in the thoracic region. And the point here is that the stomach hardly assimilates the product and transmits a signal of discomfort in the thoracic spine.
- 9-12 thoracic vertebrae are responsible for the correct functioning of the urinary system. When confronted with pain in this area for the first time, a person, as a rule, cannot independently determine whether he has pulled a muscle or has a kidney ache? In any case, pain in the lower chest is a reason for going to the urologist.
- The top of the lumbar region is connected to the large intestine. For example, habitual back pain can release after a bowel dysbiosis is treated. The pattern also works in the opposite direction: regular abdominal pains can disappear after you begin to do exercises for healing the spine.
- Bottom of the lumbar spine – signals from the genitals arrive here. A variety of “male” and “female” inflammatory diseases can give a sense of discomfort in the lower lumbar region.
Anatomy in chinese
Chinese physicians discovered the link between the spine and internal organs several thousand years before the invention of X-rays. According to the theory of acupuncture, for the impact on each organ there is a point located near the spine. If pain is given to it, we can talk about a particular disease, and in order to treat it, this point should be intensified: with the help of, for example, needles or massage. Anatomical ideas about the relationship of the vertebrae and internal organs largely coincided with the modern map of segmental innervation.
In addition, the Chinese scientists of antiquity came to the proven today conclusion that our spiritual emotions are realized through the body. They systematized the emotions and revealed what type of experience destroys a particular organ.
- 3 thoracic vertebra – associated with the work of the lungs. The emotion that accumulates here and breaks the breath is sadness.
- 4-5 thoracic vertebrae are directly connected with the heart, the main enemy of which is rage, aggression.
- 9-10, the thoracic vertebrae are in communication with the liver and gallbladder, and these organs are destroyed most of all by anger, gall.
- 11 thoracic vertebra – spleen. This organ suffers most of all from the fact that a person holds the same thought for a long time, chews it, and is inclined to relive its failures again and again.
- The 2nd lumbar vertebra is associated with the work of the kidneys. The health of this body is most affected by fear.
There is a very simple oriental massage technology that everyone can master at home – and help their relatives regain strength and health. The points described above are opposite the indicated vertebrae at a distance of two fingers. And at a distance of two more fingers from them, according to the Chinese tradition, there are points responsible for the destructive emotions accumulated in these organs. Thus, by making fingertips massage along the spine, the whole body can be improved. Massage movements should be soft: press your fingers on the area along the spine, moving from top to bottom. During the massage, the person should not be hurt: if one or the other point is painful, do not push it even harder – on the contrary, loosen the onslaught.
Of course, one cannot hope that as a result of the massage there will pass this or that acute disease, or, say, a liver that is affected by cirrhosis will recover. For deep, many years of existing diseases there are more powerful treatment technologies. But for the prevention of diseases of internal organs and the general recovery of the body, such a massage is an easy and effective means. In addition to the impact on the spine and organs, it also affects the nervous system, so that after a high-quality massage you get a feeling of a two-week rest from all worries.