Flexible elastic body – the dream of man. For the implementation of the conceived attempt is possible. The right set of exercises performed daily will help you achieve your cherished goal.
The front surface of the thigh is the tender part, you need to be careful in stretching it. The zone is pumped at an accelerated pace, it becomes very noticeable, “bloated”, preventing this, you will need to abandon excessive weightings when working with the front surface of the thigh. Muscles of legs pump over much less often other parts of the body.
Anatomy of the front of the thigh
The muscles of this part allow you to bend the knees, tilt the pelvis forward, bend the hips, the back muscles help to unbend.
On the front of the thigh, there is the most powerful leg muscle, a quadriceps or quadriceps muscle, called so in connection with the heads of the muscles, which start from the femur and end in the tibia, forming a common tendon. The exception is the rectus muscle, descending from the ilium, attaching to the acetabulum. The quadriceps helps the knee joint to fully unbend.
The structure of the quadriceps includes muscles:
- Straight, turns out to be the longest of the remaining four heads of the front leg muscles. Located on the acetabulum and ends near the tibial tuber. Less than others does not affect knee flexion.
- Lateral wide – the largest muscle of the specified part of the thigh. The shape is flat, wide, and thick. It descends from the skew of the femur, sticking to the bottom of the tendon of the rectus muscle.
- Medial broad – in form resembles a drop located inside, taking the beginning from a rough line and moving on to the bundle of the patella.
- Intermediate wide – lies between the medial and lateral, is located deeper than others, it is recognized as the weakest in comparison with the others.
Stretching the muscles of the front of the thigh
Any stretching of the posterior and anterior muscles implies the observance of the rules, first of all, in order not to damage health, and secondly, so that the achieved result is maintained for a long time.
Classes are held systematically. The number of classes should not decrease. It will be necessary to learn how to properly relax the muscles of the legs, otherwise, it is possible to achieve the onset of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Before stretching the thigh muscles, it is recommended to warm up, otherwise, an injury may occur. As stretching exercises are often offered – rotation of the pelvis, ankle joint of the legs.
Consider a run as an excellent way to warm up. You need to run at a normal pace, jumping from foot to foot with swinging movements. It is possible to warm up with the help of jumps on the spot, on one leg, or both.
Reheating the leg muscles before stretching will prepare the ligaments for exercise. The minimum time spent in the stretching pose is 10 seconds, gradually increasing to 60. Stretching less in time will not work. To achieve success with stretching, you must breathe deeply. You can not hold your breath!
Remember, muscle stretching is not supposed to be painful. Some discomfort is completely tolerated, especially in the initial stages, but not pain. To harmoniously stretch the muscles of the thigh, it is recommended to draw up a program of stretching the muscles. Good muscle stretching is the result of many years of work on the body. It will take a lot of patience to do this kind of activity.
Exercises for stretching the thigh muscles
Stretching while standing on one leg
To perform the sounded type of stretching required:
- Stand up straight.
- The right leg stands on support – any surface above the level of the pelvic bone.
Stretching like ballerinas
- It is required to bend, hands lie on the right leg, the head is lowered. Make the maximum effort so that your right leg does not bend, it remains even. This applies to the left leg, the toe remains facing forward.
In the process of exercise, the muscles of the back, buttocks are extensively worked out; stretching of the muscles of the lower leg, the back and front muscles of the thigh occurs.
Consider the moments:
- To achieve a maximum stretch, try to keep your back straight during exercise, make sure that your legs do not bend, the pelvic bone does not move forward.
- If you choose higher support, the stretching of the muscle group under consideration will significantly increase. It will also be possible to feel the stretching of the individual’s back and front muscles on the left leg.
The classic version of stretching the front thigh muscles is made while standing:
- Stand on one leg. It is recommended to hold a chair, a wall, or it is proposed to raise the limb perpendicular to the floor, but when doing the exercise for the first time there is a risk of falling.
We tighten the heels
- Bend the other leg so that the heel is positioned towards the buttocks.
- A hand gently tightens the heel to the buttocks.
- Then change the leg.
- In doing the exercise, you will need to straighten the chest, shoulders and level the body parts.
Stretch in a lunge position
- Take the appropriate position in which the left leg takes the front position.
- Bend the left leg at a right angle. Knee and ankle joints conditionally create a straight line.
- To balance the torso during exercise, you need to take up support (for example, a chair) or the left knee.
The pelvic bone is advanced in such a way that the knee progresses further than the ankle joint, and the heel cannot be pulled off the floor. Exercise will allow you to work the front gluteus and individual back and front thigh muscles of the legs, lumbar.
In the process of exercise, movements should be done smoothly, without jerks and sudden movements! Control that the left knee remains forward and the right knee should not be on the floor.
If you want to further stretch, when the pelvis reaches the front point, it is worthwhile to bend your back.
Stretching in the prone position
The exercise is performed according to the algorithm:
- Lie on the right side.
- Extremely bend the left leg, bring the heel to the buttocks for a short distance.
- Take the foot, pull closer to the buttocks while moving forward the pelvis. Do not try to touch the heel of the buttocks. As in the previous exercise, use caution. Stop pull slowly to avoid muscle and joint injuries. During the exercise, focus on stretching the back and front muscles of the thigh, not on the maximum flexion of the leg.
Thanks to the exercise, the gluteal, lumbar, and femoral muscles of the legs are stretched.
This open, soothing posture also stretches the lower back.
- Lags on your back. Bend your knees and put your hands on your feet.
- Gently tighten your arms with your legs slightly down so that your knees are somewhere at the level of the armpits. Do not strain your shoulders or chest. Try to stay relaxed.
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 – five deep breaths in this position will help stretch the thigh muscles.
Widely spread your legs apart
Sounded a bit gone. Meanwhile, stretching the muscles of the hips with the help of wide-leg breeding to the side is an excellent exercise for the hips and tendons. Exercise helps stretch and strengthen the inner thigh.
- We enter the pose from the squatting position. Keep your feet flat on the ground all the time. This will protect your knees from the load. The heels should go beyond the fingers.
- As you go down lower, you rest on your forearms, and then your shoulders. Turn your head to the ground with your cheek.
- 5 deep breaths. Stretching hips made. Bring your legs and walk a little.
Wide deep squats
This is a relaxing stretch of the two thighs at once, plus – stretching the lower back.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips. Bring your palms to the heart plexus, so that your elbows are in the space between your knees. This will help make the squat more profound.
- 5 deep breaths, and the completion of the exercise.
Lizard. Focus on the inner thigh
This is an intense stretch of the thigh with an emphasis on the inner part of the thigh.
- Make a kick with your right foot forward. Put your left knee on the floor. Put your hands straight on the floor with your palms.
- Slowly pull the right knee to the right. Chest forward.
- Hold out 5 breaths and repeat the exercise now with your left knee.
Stretching the thigh muscles for both thighs at the same time.
- Sitting on the ground, bend both knees. Using your hands, open your feet like a book. Use your leg muscles to pull your knees down to the floor.
- Pull the spine. Relax your shoulders, look straight. Spend 5 breaths in this position, and then slowly bend forward.
- Put your hands on your feet with elbows pressed down. Or, if you want to stretch more, stretch your arms in front of you. 5 more breaths. The exercise is over.
Head to knee
Quite a popular stretch of the thigh muscles for runners. Pose “head to knee.” Also, a good stretch for the tendons and the back. This exercise is performed as follows.
- Sitting position, legs straightened. Bend your right knee and pull the sole of the foot from the left inner thigh.
- Holding the spine straight, stretch your arms along the left leg, pressing the body against the thigh.
- 5 breaths on the exercise. Then with the other leg.
Exercise “dove” allows you to effectively stretch the thighs due to the fact that you can focus on working outstretching for each thigh.
- Sitting down The right knee is bent, the left leg is straightened behind. Stretch the right heel towards the left thigh. Make sure that the left thigh has always been turned down towards the mat.
- Hands in front of you, elbows on the floor, allowing your torso to rest. Hold the pose with the same time interval and repeat the exercise for the other hip.
“Double pigeon” is a very intensive advanced stretch of the hips, allowing a more in-depth effect on the muscles of the hips and buttocks.
- Sitting down Legs rest in front of you. Bend your left knee and lay the lateral leg area on the floor. Mount the second leg in a similar way on top of it. With the correct position, looking down, you will see that your legs have formed a kind of triangle.
- Stay in a pose for 5 breaths. Exercise completed.
Poses for stretching the thigh muscles
In addition to stretching, this position will help to open the chest and increase the flexibility of the spine.
The exercise also tightens the waist and strengthens the arms and shoulders. Yogis believe that this posture helps to loosen the airway so that you can hold more oxygen. They also believe that this exercise helps to open the heart chakra, which helps to feel more connected to the world and to be able to forgive where it is needed.
Make a vertical frog pose.
This posture will help relax your muscles and improve your balance. This posture also increases the flexibility of the hips and ankles while you are trying to achieve your main goal. If squatting is too difficult for you, then try to sit on a chair and tilt your body forward between your legs. Make sure your feet are on the ground and that your knees form a 90-degree angle if you are using a chair.
Do the frog pose, lying on your back.
This simple posture will allow you to stretch your groin muscles and the inside of your thigh and open your chest. Make sure your spine is not arched when you are in this position. If you need help, put a pillow over your knees to reduce the load and ease stretching, or you can put a pillow under your head to avoid strain on your neck. This posture also helps with fatigue, depression, and insomnia.
Take the pose “Star”.
This posture increases the vomiting of the hip by stretching the muscles and improving posture.
Needle eye pose
Lie on your back and bend your knees. The ankle of the right leg is placed on the knee of the left. Use your hands to pull your left leg toward you to feel the tension in your hip. Do the same with the other leg.
Do a frog pose, lying on the stomach.
This posture under the pressure of your weight will stretch the internal muscles of the thighs. To facilitate stretching, place a pillow or small towel under your knees or ankles. If you feel pain in your legs, then close them, but do not continue to push.
Stretching for the inguinal muscles
The inguinal muscles include both the internal muscles of the thigh and the legs. They raise your knee to your chest and are also involved in moving your legs forward/back and side to side. Since most people spend their time sitting at the computer, the muscles can harden and become more susceptible to damage. Runners should pay special attention to this group of muscles.
Make a hip turn.
This is a good warming up exercise for warming up the inguinal muscles. Keep your hands on your back while doing the exercise. For an extra effect, kneel down and bend over the upper back. You will feel tension not only in the groin area but also in the back of the thigh.
This exercise involves the presence of a chair. As you do the cross-exercise, you will feel tension not only in the groin but also in the hips and chest. You should keep your abdominal muscles tight throughout your workout, so as not to overstrain your back. If you sit a lot during the working day, then this exercise is guaranteed to prevent your muscles from hardening and damage.
Make a frog on your back.
In addition to stretching the groin muscles, this exercise will stretch and lengthen the muscles of the arms and shoulders. You will also feel a pleasant tension in the lower part of the body when you begin to raise and lower your hands behind your head. To increase the stretching of the thigh muscles, start from a basic position. Then squat down and slowly lower the chest forward to stretch the groin muscles.
Stretch on the hip extrusion.
Instead of just relaxing your legs by putting them on the wall, you can lie down, supporting your legs with a bench. This exercise is designed to push a bent free leg out of the wall. You can also tighten your knees to your chest to stretch your thigh muscles.
Well, stretched thigh muscles usually lead to a reduction in back pain. In addition to stretching your back, take some time to stretch your hips to reduce the possibility of back pain.
Talk to your doctor or physical therapist about whether you can do these exercises if you have had damaged ligaments of this muscle group.
Stretching the muscles involves a lot of muscles, allowing you to work out even those that we usually do not use. The benefits of exercise are obvious: the effects of stress are prevented, weight normalizes, the cardiovascular system begins to work normally, the body’s overall endurance is developed. Workouts gradually become part of life. Stimulate self-interest by engaging in the family or in a group.