Absolutely fair, and therefore famous and still relevant, the phrase, said about two centuries ago by the German scientist Ludwig Feuerbach, says: “Man is what he eats.” Indeed, successful human activity, his active life position, attitude and, most importantly, the state of the organism depend on the quality of nutrition. Therefore, recipes for proper nutrition are carefully preserved and passed down from generation to generation; it is a bottomless storehouse of useful knowledge that form the basis of health preservation.
Primary principles of proper nutrition
Proper nutrition is the foundation on which the general condition of the body is based, the successful maintenance of longevity and health, a flourishing appearance, a charge of energy and high spirits. If competently and rationally make a daily menu, you can forget about many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, immune and cardiovascular systems. Recipes for proper nutrition, including healthy and tasty foods that nature gave us, have been accumulated over the years in the cookbooks of our ancestors, so that today we can enjoy the opportunity to eat only healthy food.
The primary principles of proper nutrition are:
- Diversity. Meals in the diet should include not only fresh vegetables and fruits, but also cereals, nuts and other products. So the amount of substances entering the body will be more harmonious.
- Regularity. Eating from time to time, interrupting hunger with snacks on the go, is to ruin your stomach in a matter of months. No matter how busy your day is, try to organize 4-5 meals a day at about the same time, and then your health will remain your faithful companion for a long time.
- Calorie. The amount of calories consumed should be commensurate with the daily energy consumption. If you plan to lose weight a little, you can reduce the nutritional value of the menu due to lipids and carbohydrates, while maintaining the amount of protein in an unchanged state.
- Chewing Spend at least half an hour on each meal – this will be quite enough to eat properly. World luminaries in the field of dietology recommend chewing each piece at least twenty times. Undoubtedly, it is unlikely that someone will want to be constantly engaged in calculations during lunch, however, at least this requirement must be observed at least approximately.
- Harmony There are different views on the sequence in which it is necessary to use products. For example, it is often recommended not to eat fruit after the main course, as they quickly digest and begin to ferment. At dinner, it is preferable to choose vegetables and other carbohydrate foods, such as buckwheat. The basic idea is to take into account the properties of a particular product, its compatibility with other products and the best time to use it.
- Vitamin and mineral balance. Ensure that the daily intake of food contains sufficient amounts of vitamin and mineral components. The ideal option would be the daily use of seasonal fruits, berries and vegetables.
- Freshness. Do not store ready meals in the fridge for too long. In most cases, after 3-4 days they begin to deteriorate and lose useful properties.
- Drinking mode. Trite, but true: the human body is 70% water. Therefore, a sufficient amount of fluid — approximately 2–2.5 liters per day, depending on weight, metabolism, and age — is necessary for the body to maintain basic vital processes at the proper level. It is best to use plain water and herbal teas. You can also use freshly squeezed fruit juices as drinks, but not more than 3 glasses a day.
- Rational volume of portions. Hippocrates said that you need to leave the table with a slight feeling of hunger. This rule still appears among the basic principles of healthy eating. Overeating causes the stomach to work at an accelerated pace, which means that it is not enough to process food efficiently. And the enzymatic system does not have time to provide the body with the necessary substances. As a result, the body loses its beneficial trace elements, and residual fats and carbohydrates are deposited on the body with extra pounds.
- Fasting days. Arrange fasting days at least 2-3 times a month, and you yourself will not notice how the body will be cleansed, and your health will be many times better.
Adhering to these rules is not at all difficult – useful recipes for proper nutrition, collected on our website, allow you to prepare complete and healthy dishes. And when you start to notice the dramatic changes occurring with your body: strong nails, thick shiny hair, dull-peach skin and shining eyes, you will not even have thought to give up tried and true dishes.