Grease the mug using vegetable oil. Add bread cubes to the cup to fill it to the top. In a small bowl, whip together the banana puree, coconut milk, flaxseed, vanilla and cinnamon. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Pour the liquid into a mug of bread cubes, making sure that the liquid reaches the bottom. Microwave on high for two minutes. You can decorate with powdered sugar, slices of banana and maple syrup.
Walnut got its name because in ancient Rus it was sold by Greek resellers. For Caucasians, walnut is considered a sacred tree, while Moldovans still have a custom to plant a walnut tree near the house where the child was born.
Walnut is used in cooking, traditional medicine and industrial production.
The composition and calorie content of walnuts
Walnut is one of the most high-calorie: 630-670 kcal per 100 grams. Despite the high energy value, nutritionists advise to include it in the diet. This is due to the fact that the chemical composition includes all the necessary nutrients:
- vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, E, C, K, PP, Omega-3;
- amino and polyunsaturated fatty acids – cystine, asparagine, valine, glutamine; linolenic, gallic, elagic, oleic, palmitic and folic;
- macro- and microelements – phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium, zinc, manganese and iron.
Nutritional value of 100 grams:
proteins – 16 g;
carbohydrates – 11 grams;
Fat – 60 gr.
The benefits of walnut
Daily use helps to cope with diseases of the heart, brain and liver. The therapeutic effect is not only the core. Shells, partitions, leaves and walnut oil are useful and applicable in home medicine.
Activates brain activity
Magnesium and Omega-3 improve brain function, helping to cope with large mental loads. For the development of memory and intelligence in a child, walnut fatty acids are important.
Improves metabolism and gastrointestinal function
Due to the fiber improves metabolism and stomach function. Disturbed digestive functions return to normal, manifestations of dysbiosis and constipation are alleviated. Walnut provides a healthy metabolism – as a result, the risk of obesity is reduced.
Reduces the likelihood of developing diabetes, cancer, anemia
Vitamin E and Omega-3 prevent the development of type II diabetes and reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
Walnut oil “inhibits” the formation of malignant cells. Therefore, walnuts should be used by those who have diagnosed cancer or have a predisposition to oncology.
Iron regulates hemoglobin levels, preventing the development of anemia – anemia. The disease occurs with a lack of iron.
Strengthens the skeleton
A child’s body needs calcium in order to form a skeleton correctly. A large amount of calcium – 99 mg per 100 g. strengthens bones and teeth. This also applies to an adult.
Reduces the manifestation of cardiovascular diseases
Thanks to acids and magnesium, the pressure and the work of the heart muscle are normalized, and the walls of blood vessels are strengthened.
Walnut should also be used to prevent atherosclerosis.
Improves overall well-being
Walnut affects the physical and psychological state of a person. Feelings of vigor, energy appear, fatigue, depression, stress and insomnia disappear.
Walnut has an anti-inflammatory effect. It strengthens the immune system and fights infections.
Poor ecology, lack of vitamins and minerals, stress and chronic diseases adversely affect men’s health. Regular consumption of walnuts increases the potency, prevents the development of prostatitis and adenoma.
Zinc has a positive effect on the development of the sex glands in young men, controls the level of testosterone and the work of the prostate in mature men.
For men faced with the problem of impotence, there are many recipes based on walnuts. We will give a universal prescription for the treatment of the main male diseases: prostatitis, impotence and adenoma.
You will need:
- liquid light honey;
- dried apricots, raisins, pumpkin seeds – at will;
- shredded lemon peel – if you want to add “sour”.
The number of ingredients is calculated independently. For this recipe, honey and nuts are taken in a 2: 1 ratio.
- Crush nuts and other additives with a combine.
- Mix the ground ingredients with honey.
You can leave for a day for impregnation.
Every day, take honey with walnuts 2-3 teaspoons per day.
Frequent consumption of walnuts has a positive effect on hormones. Doctors recommend the product to women who have suffered large blood losses: after surgery, childbirth, or heavy menstruation. Women should use nuts in violation of the menstrual cycle and menstrual pain.
The macro and microelements included in the walnut composition improve the condition of hair, nails and skin. Regular use prevents the appearance of breast cancer, helps in the fight against infertility and normalizes the activity of the sex glands.
Women who follow the figure, nutritionists advise to eat walnuts. They reduce appetite and satisfy hunger, which allows you to maintain normal weight.
In the period of childbearing a woman suffers from a lack of iron, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin level. Regular consumption of nuts will solve the problem.
In the early stages of a pregnant woman, a lot of folic acid is required, with a shortage in which the child may develop developmental pathologies of the CNS. It is important to give preference to products containing B9 – folic acid. Walnut is just one of those.
For the formation of the skeleton of the embryo requires phosphorus and calcium, which are in walnuts. In order for a baby growing in the womb not to “lay claim” to mother’s reserves of microelements, they should be consumed regularly.
In late periods, women often experience swelling of the limbs. Magnesium and calcium in nuts remove excess fluid from the body.
It is also important that walnuts have all the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the future health of the mother and the development of the baby.
It is also useful to use walnuts for breastfeeding mothers. It improves the lactation process and makes breast milk nutritious.
Harm and contraindications of walnuts
For women and men there are contraindications in which the nut is excluded from the diet:
- Obesity grade 2‒4. Overweight people are forbidden to eat walnuts because they are high in calories. To begin with, you should lose weight, and then include walnuts in the diet. To avoid overeating and weight gain, it is recommended to eat about 20-30 grams – 6-7 nucleoli per day.
- Individual intolerance and allergies. An allergic reaction can occur on any chemical component of the walnut. Manifestations of allergy symptoms are individual. If you feel unwell after consuming walnuts, then stop eating them, take an antihistamine and consult an allergist.
- Increased blood clotting. Calcium and protein present can cause the formation of fibrin protein in an unhealthy or weakened body, resulting in thrombosis.
- Inflammation of the pancreas and intestinal disorders. In the stage of acute gastrointestinal diseases, walnuts should be excluded from the diet.
- Epidermis diseases: eczema, neurodermatitis and psoriasis. Even a small amount of walnuts can cause itching and new rashes.
Walnuts can be harmful even to a healthy person if they are stale or eaten in large quantities. Do not forget about the measure.
How to choose walnuts
- Choose unpeeled fruits if you are going to keep them for a long time.
- If you do not know how to choose nuts in the shell, then pay attention to the weight and color. Give preference to heavy fruits of uniform color: you will reduce the probability of buying old nuts.
- The surface of the shell must be embossed, but without cracks and chips.
- To determine the freshness, the in shell nuts can be shaken: you can hear the nucleolus rolling – the nut has dried from time to time.
- If you take peeled walnuts, pay attention to the skin color of the kernels: it should be light.
- Do not buy minced fruits: they may contain bacteria.
- When buying peeled walnuts in the market, inhale the aroma: they should not have an unpleasant smell.
- If you can taste the fruit before you buy, pay attention to the taste: it should not be rancid and brackish.
- When choosing nuts in the package, look at the date of manufacture.
How to store walnuts
- Store peeled kernels can be no more than 2 months. In the shell – 1 year.
- Store in a cool dark place. A good place to store nuts is a fridge or freezer.
- Use an airtight container, plastic bag or cloth bag.
- If you plan to store nuts for a long time, dry them in a warm oven for an hour. So you get rid of moisture in the cores.