Raw food carrot cake
Ingredients for the dough
Carrots – 3 pcs. large size;
Dates – 10 pcs. medium size;
Walnuts – 6 tbsp.;
Raisins – 1 tbsp. with a slide;
Coconut oil – 0.5 tbsp;
Ingredients for cream
Cashews – 200 g;
Coconut oil – 1.5 tbsp.
Coconut milk – 7 tbsp.;
Honey – 2.5 tbsp;
Lemon juice – 1-2 tsp.
Prepare the ingredients by soaking them in clean drinking water:
- Cashews – for 3-8 hours (the pomp and tenderness of the cream depends on their moisture content)
- Walnuts – for 1 hour
- Raisins – for 30 minutes.
We start grinding the prepared ingredients in a blender. First, twist the walnuts and peeled carrots (pre-cut them into pieces). Then add dates.
Our goal for dough consistency is moderate density, i.e. a mixture of small pieces – with a fraction of friability.
At the end of the dough, add spices, raisins, and coconut oil.
Now let’s do the cream:
Cashew + lemon juice + coconut milk and butter + honey = all ingredients are carefully mashed and whipped in a blender.
If you do not have a powerful blender or a combine, then to get a really delicate cream in a regular kitchen blender, you should keep the cashew in water for at least 12 hours, ideally – 24 hours.
We make a cake
- Divide the dough and cream in half.
- We stamp one-half of the dough with a round cake.
- Smear half the cream on the cake.
- Top puts the cake from the second half of the test.
- We coat the entire cake with the remaining cream.
- Decorate with raisins and chopped nuts.
Before serving, cool in the refrigerator – up to 4 hours.
Coconut Raw Food Cake
Coconut chips – 200 g;
Bananas – 4 pcs. large size;
Kiwi – 10 pieces (put off 4 pieces for topping);
Dates – 400 g. Or other dried fruits, especially tasty with raisins and prunes in equal proportions;
Hazelnuts – 200 g or other nuts – from your favorites;
Currants – 10-15 pcs. for decoration.
- Grind water-soaked dates in a blender at high speed. For convenience and speed – pour some water.
- Add soaked nuts to the blender and continue to chop. Our goal is a sticky dough.
- From the test mixture, we tamp the cake in a baking mold of medium size (up to 25 cm), we form small sides.
- We clean and grind bananas in a blender.
- Add coconut chips to bananas.
- Half of the resulting fruit and coconut mixture is distributed over the nut cake.
- We clean the kiwi and cut it into beautiful small triangles. Spread the pieces evenly over the banana-coconut mix.
- Spread over the pieces of kiwi in the second half of the mixture. It turns out a thin filler layer as if the pieces of kiwi were mixed in the banana-coconut puree.
Decorate the cake on request. After completing the design, put the cake in the fridge – for 4 hours.
Remember that kiwi slices are very beautiful! We can play them with geometry. Especially, if you dilute the juicy green color with burgundy patches of currant berries.
Raw banana cake
Walnuts – 300 g;
Dates – 4 pcs .;
Bananas – 3 pcs (2 per dough, 1 per stuffing);
Coconut chips – optional, for decoration.
- We arm with a blender and twist walnuts + dates + 2 bananas for the dough.
- After the mash for the filling 1 banana.
- We collect a small cake: dough + stuffing + topping from coconut chips.
- Another raw food masterpiece goes to the fridge in order to grasp in 3 hours and be ready for delicious eating!
And now let’s pay a little attention to creative experiments. Carob fits perfectly into this recipe – for all chocolate taste lovers: add it to the banana filling and topping.
When summer comes, you can make a filling of your favorite berries, for example, strawberries. In autumn, bananas can be replaced by persimmon (you may need to thicken slightly with nuts, dried apricots, or coconut flakes).
In winter – a layer of thawed cherries, cut into semicircles. Look for your ways and new combinations! And then your craving to create culinary masterpieces for raw foodists will not stagnate even in low-hulking raw food cooking.
Raw food cake with nuts and dried fruit
This cake is prepared using the same technology as previous recipes. It contains three layers.
The first layer of cake:
(sunflower seeds + dates) 200 g of each component
The second layer of cake:
(dried apricots + almonds) 200 grams of each component + zest of ½ lemon + lemon juice (1-2 tbsp)
The third layer of cake:
coconut 150 g + almond 200 g + coconut oil 1-2 tbsp. + honey 1 -2 tbsp + lemon juice 1-2 tbsp.
Recall that nuts and seeds should be soaked in water at room temperature for at least 3 hours before cooking, and dried fruits – at least 30 minutes.
We collect the cake, tamping the layers alternately – in the form for baking, greased with vegetable oil, or in a bowl, covered with food film. Put the cake to cool in the fridge for 4 hours.
By the way, this cake is wonderfully stored for a celebration, being cooked the night before. And what a beautiful cut you get by choosing this particular recipe!
Conveniently, you can substitute any of the layers of cake for raw foodists with juicy cream of raw seasonal fruits, which are pureed with a small number of soft nuts.
It offers strawberries, peaches, nectarines, oranges, and currants. You can also experiment with brightly colored vegetables – pumpkin and beetroot. If necessary, sweeten – add honey, and to the beets do not forget about prunes.
Beautifully decorate the cake – not a problem either! For example, slices of kiwi and small triangular slices from a round slice of orange. A delightful contrasting combination of vibrant natural colors!