8-10 large fleshy dates
3 large eggs *
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups (240 ml) almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
seeds of half vanilla pod
*for a vegetarian version, eggs can be replaced with 2 large ripe bananas, mashed to a state of mashed potatoes.
- Remove bones from dates and grind them in a blender to a paste.
- Mix eggs in a bowl, date paste, honey and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, salt, soda and mix everything together.
- Pour the cocoa powder, stir.
- Add coconut oil, mix.
- We mix nuts.
- Spread the dough in the form sent by the baking paper (I have a mold size of 20×20 cm). bake about 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- I like serving warm brownie with a scoop of ice cream.