Gluten was declared almost a plague of the XXI century. Gluten-free products devote entire supermarket shelves and sections of the menu of restaurants. Although essentially gluten – this is just a general concept, which designate specific proteins of cereal plants, such as barley, oats, rye and wheat. Also known as “gluten” – it is this protein complex that gives “strength” to the flour, makes the bread fluffy and allows the dough to rise and keep its shape. Sad but true: according to WHO, the number of people who are allergic to gluten in Europe has increased by almost 7% in the last 10 years alone, this percentage is especially high in children. The surge in popularity of the gluten-free diet is further fueled by the fact that the rejection of baking and cakes contributes to harmony. However, if you are not allergic to this type of vegetable protein, doctors do not advise to exclude cereals from the diet completely. After all, in addition to gluten, cereals include the entire set of elements necessary for the normal functioning of the body’s systems: vitamins, enzymes, fats, carbohydrates, proteins. Of course, eating sweet muffin is unlikely to benefit you, but cereal toast with avocado for breakfast is definitely not a disaster.
Gluten-Free Pancakes with Banana and Chocolate
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup fine oatmeal
50 g dark chocolate
1 glass of milk
2 tbsp. of sugar
1 bag of vanilla sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1.Mash a banana in mashed potatoes, if desired, you can leave mashed potatoes non-uniform. Add milk and mix.
2.In another bowl, mix buckwheat flour, oatmeal, sugar and vanilla sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk with banana and mix well.
3.Finely chop the chocolate and add to the dough.
4.Heat a griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with vegetable oil. Spread on 2 tbsp. dough and bake pancakes on both sides until ready.
5.Serve pancakes with honey and banana slices.
Classic rice flour pancakes
Rice flour for pancakes is ideal. Lush baking out of it does not work, but the pancakes – in two accounts.
In addition, it is used for breading. We, for example, tried burgers with a golden crust of rice flour. It provides the form and removes excess moisture and in the casseroles, makes crisp bread and biscuits.
Pancakes with rice flour have a neutral taste and blend perfectly with any fillings. Delicious options – both sweet and salty – you will find this and this link.
• 300 g of rice flour
• 30 potato starch (can be replaced with corn starch)
• 1 egg
• 650 ml of milk
• 50 ml of honey (maple syrup, agave syrup or carob)
• vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Mix rice flour and starch. Beat the egg in the mixture and pour in the liquid ingredients. Mix thoroughly. You should get a consistency of thick cream.
2. Fry the pancakes in hot vegetable oil.
And if you like pancakes, if you often have them on the table, it makes sense to buy a good frying pan with low sides, which makes it easy to turn them over, and a non-stick coating to minimize the amount of oil when frying.
Pumpkin Gluten Free Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
Buckwheat and flax. The first one, and we will use green buckwheat flour, contains a complete set of essential vitamins and minerals and vegetable protein. Compared to roasted buckwheat powder, green has a less pronounced taste and color, and therefore is not so boldly dominant in baking. But both flours are good for pancakes, tortillas, pancakes, as well as cookies with cheese and herbs. Flax flour, obtained from pressed oil seeds, is recommended for those who want to lose weight. The product, containing a moderate amount of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, nourishes the intestinal microbiome (which, in turn, provides strong immunity), and also removes excess moisture and toxins from the body. . It should be used in mixtures, and not as a standalone product. For example, flax flour can be added to a salad, morning smoothie and smoothie-bowl, porridge. And it is better not to heat treat.
And in baking, flax flour, pre-soaked with water (you need three tablespoons of water for a tablespoon of flour) will allow you to do without eggs. And this is exactly our case. So, proceed to the vegan pancakes with solar pumpkin. We also love her very much, both in baking and in soups, desserts, and drinks.
• 1 1/2 cups green buckwheat flour
• 1/4 cup flax flour
• 3/4 cup water (for soaking flax flour)
• 4 tbsp. sweet syrup (carob, Jerusalem artichoke)
• 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil (or ghee)
• 3/4 glasses of water (for dough)
• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp. dry ginger
• a pinch of salt
1. Soak flax flour in water for 15–20 minutes.
2. Mix buckwheat flour, syrup and spices. Add melted butter, pumpkin puree and water. And gradually and stirring. It is possible that you do not use all the water: the thickening qualities of buckwheat flour may vary depending on the manufacturer. The dough should be no lumps. At the end, attach flax flour gruel. Stir well.
3. Fry the pancakes on both sides. Each will take 2-3 minutes. After removing from the pan, shift with paper towels so that they do not stick together.
You can serve in the usual way, as an option, simply by watering chocolate, in the form of rolls or pancake pouches with a surprise – the original filling.
Banana Almond Pancakes
Almond flour, from which we tried the amazing French pasta, is respected in the circles of people who stick on healthy lifestyle. It is a good source of protein, vitamin E and healthy fats. True, not cheap.
Baking with almond flour is special. Today we will try to combine it with bananas and do without sugar. And this is definitely a useful option for those who follow the figure and leads a healthy lifestyle.
• 2 bananas
• 2 eggs
• 60 ml almond (or coconut) milk
• a glass of almonds, crushed into flour
• 0.5 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 tsp. ground cinnamon (if you don’t love, you can without it)
• 1 tsp. coconut oil or melted butter (for frying)
• almond flakes and banana circles (for decoration)
1. Nut milk, eggs and pre-kneaded bananas with a fork, beat with a blender.
2. Put almonds, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon ground in flour. Mix well. The dough should be slightly thicker than usual pancakes.
3. Fry fritters – 4–5 cm in diameter – on a greased frying pan over low heat and preferably under the lid, periodically re-lubricating the coating with oil. Note, nut flour pancakes burn easily, so don’t overdo it.
Serve with almond flakes and banana décor. In addition, almonds perfectly with the sour cherry. Feel free to flavor banana and almond fritters with your favorite jam.