Spices help to give a special taste to each dish, but besides this, many of them have not only a unique taste but also useful properties. Keep these spices in easy access and add to suitable dishes, getting new flavor combinations and benefits for the body.
Turmeric, the beneficial properties of which are primarily due to its constituent curcumin, is a very strong natural healing tool. For millennia all its new healing properties have been revealed.
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent used in the disinfection of cuts and burns.
2. Suspends the development of melanoma and destroys its already formed cells.
3. Coupled with cauliflower prevents or retards the development of prostate cancer.
4. Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.
5. Suspends the development of Alzheimer’s disease, removing deposits of amyloid plaques in the brain.
6. It can reduce the risk of leukemia in children.
7. Turmeric – a powerful natural remedy that helps with inflammation and does not give side effects.
8. It prevents the development of metastases in cancer patients with various forms of cancer.
9. Turmeric slows the development of multiple sclerosis.
10. By participating in fat metabolism, turmeric helps stabilize weight.
11. It is a good antidepressant and is widely used in Chinese medicine.
12. In the process of chemotherapy enhances the effect of treatment and reduces the side effects of toxic medications.
13. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, it is effectively used in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
14. It has been proven that turmeric can stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
15. Research is underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
16. Research is underway on the positive effects of turmeric on the treatment of multiple myeloma.
17. Effectively used to treat inflammatory skin diseases. Relieves itching, boils, eczema, psoriasis.
18. Turmeric facilitates wound tightening and promotes the regeneration of affected skin.
Contraindications for taking turmeric:
Due to the strong effect of this product, doctors do not recommend taking turmeric along with medicines. Otherwise, the overall picture of the disease will be distorted.
Turmeric is a strong choleretic agent, so its use is contraindicated in patients with gallbladder problems, especially with cholelithiasis.
Due to the fact that turmeric stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and activates the pancreas, it should be excluded from the diet of patients suffering from pancreatitis and gastritis with high acidity.
Turmeric is contraindicated in hepatitis.
Turmeric increases the tone of the uterus, so it is not recommended to use it during pregnancy. In addition, being a strong allergen, turmeric is able to provoke diathesis and skin rash in an infant in the future.
Everything is good in moderation, so the daily rate of use of this spice is no more than 5 g.
Chemical Composition and Nutrients of Chili Peppers
A large number of vitamins, beta-carotene, acids (ascorbic, folic), riboflavin, pyridoxine, choline, niacin, thiamine are found in fruits. Of the mineral compounds found zinc, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and manganese.
Red pepper is a low-calorie product. Energy value – 40 kcal. Low levels of fat (0.2 g), carbohydrates (1.5 g), and protein (2 g).
Healthy properties of chili pepper
The high content of various vitamins and microelements dictates the enormous benefit of the use of this product.
It is noticed that for people who eat the product, the metabolism accelerates, appetite increases, the functions of digestion are normalized. The positive properties of red pepper can also include a unique effect on the liver and brain.
Recommendations for use are prescribed for people with colds, bronchial asthma, allergies, hepatitis, and atherosclerosis. In addition, chili perfectly helps with insomnia, slows the development of cancers.
The product is a good pathogen, in the literal and figurative sense of the word. It contributes to the development of the “hormone of joy” (endorphin), a person is less likely to experience stress. The burning qualities of the product increase the pain threshold of the body, make the blood circulate faster, have a positive effect on the preservation of immunity.
A number of studies have given the opportunity to argue that chili can be included in the therapeutic effects on diabetes.
Contraindications and harm
Under no circumstances should even small doses of red pepper be consumed by people with gastrointestinal diseases. Particles of the product that have fallen on a fresh wound or mucous membrane (for example, eyes) also have a painful effect.
In the traditional system of Indian Vedic medicine, nutmeg is considered one of the best means to enhance the process of digesting food, which tones and soothes, has an astringent and carminative effect, greatly enhances and stimulates sexual desire and sexual function. Therefore, the nut is successfully used to treat the esophagus. insomnia, impotence, premature ejaculation.
Nut successfully cures mastopathy and many other benign tumors. It stabilizes and enhances the function of the immune system. Localizes and eventually eliminates malignant tumors, places affected by tubercle bacilli, and chopsticks of staphylococcal infection. On the lower extremities, numerous phlebitis and varicose veins dissolve.
For little babies whose first teeth are cut, the nut is useful as a sedative, if a baby takes 0.1 grams of nutmeg twice a day and mixes it with honey and milk, he will stop refusing food and will be calmer.
Pharmacological properties of nutmeg:
- stimulates blood circulation and the protective properties of the body;
- improves digestion;
- useful for arthritis, osteochondrosis of the spine, myositis;
- has a neurotransmitter mic effect on human psychedelics;
- used for rheumatic heart disease, rheumatic polyarthritis, and chorea;
- nourishes and strengthens hair;
- in massage mixtures it is used as a warming agent;
- during epidemics and pandemics, the flu resists the entry of viruses into the cells of the human body;
- has immunomodulatory, astringent, anti-inflammatory properties;
- agent for the treatment of chronic autoimmune diseases, multiple sclerosis nut successfully resists demelanization of the white matter of the brain and spinal cord;
- increases testosterone levels by eliminating erectile dysfunction in the male body restores erection and the ability of men to have sexual intercourse in full.
A huge amount of vitamins and other equally useful substances in the composition of nutmeg, such as saponins, starches, eugenols, proteins, pigments contributes to its fight against a large number of various ailments. It is not in vain that the nut has found widespread use not only in traditional medicine but it is also accepted by many leading and acting medical specialists in scientific and practical activities. In the study of normal and pathological processes in the human body, especially in Germany and Israel. In these countries, specialized clinics exist and are constantly developing, using not only modern preparations and methods but also well-known medicinal plants, including nutmeg, in the process of treating diseases, restoring and strengthening people’s health. Leading Israel experts, for example, recommend taking special preparations made from nutmeg with garlic supplement not so much for treatment as for preventing the development of any diseases.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR USE AND HARM
Nutmeg is a spice that should not be taken during pregnancy, during breastfeeding, in the presence of mental illness, disorders of the nervous system.
Attention!!! 2-3 shredded kernels (or 5 tsp.) – make nutmeg into a slow-acting drug !!!
Approximately 3-4 hours after drinking, euphoria, changes in mental state, and deterioration of physical well-being occur.
A person begins to experience heartburn, nausea, serious allergic reactions, arrhythmia, visual and auditory hallucinations develop.
Completely contraindicated for children !!!
Persons with serious health problems need to consult a doctor before including the seasoning in their diet.
- 55–65% cinnamaldehyde;
- from 4 to 18% eugenol;
- essential oils;
Cinnamon can be a great help in the fight against the disease.
With colds, as well as for their prevention, therapeutic cinnamon baths are useful. Also, three times a day you need to take 1 tablespoon of warm honey with one-quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon. This compound will help cure almost any cough, free the nasal passages, and ultimately, get rid of colds.
Cinnamon has an antipyretic effect, but at too high temperatures it can intensify a headache.
Cinnamon has diuretic properties, so it is useful to take it in case of kidney and liver disease.
For bladder inflammation, take 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of honey dissolved in a glass of warm water. This is a killer mix for germs that have settled in the bladder.
Cinnamon can be used as a medicine for many gastrointestinal diseases. Cinnamon taken before eating, sprinkled on honey, reduces acidity and helps the body to digest even the heaviest food. Also, honey with cinnamon relieves pain and heal ulcers.
A daily breakfast with tea and a slice of bread, with honey mixed with cinnamon, spread on it will help reduce the risk of a heart attack.
A mixture of cinnamon with honey – truly is a healing tool that is effective as an addition to the basic treatment of cardiovascular diseases. It lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood, strengthens the heart muscle, and helps to endure age-related changes in the body much easier.
Known benefits of cinnamon in matters of weight loss. If there is a need to lose weight will help cinnamon in combination with honey, which cleanses the intestines of bacteria and parasites that inhabit the digestive process.
To do this, you should regularly drink tea based on a mixture of honey and cinnamon, which will actually reduce the volume and reduce weight. Cooking this tea should be in the evening. In the hot boiled water add half a teaspoon of cinnamon, leave to brew for half an hour. Then add one teaspoon of honey and drink half a glass of infusion. The rest of the half is sent until the morning in the fridge. In the morning, on an empty stomach, we drink the infusion. In the evening we make a new batch.
As soon as, under the influence of this mixture, the purification of the digestive tract and the destruction of fungi and parasites that slow down digestion will end, the weight loss will stop. But this is already good, just for further weight loss, if it is still necessary, you will need to use other methods.
In arthritis, the above-described tea with cinnamon and honey in a ratio of 1: 2 is also great. Regular intake of this drink can even cure chronic arthritis.
And for older people, cinnamon with honey is simply necessary as a means of improving mobility and concentration, increasing the vital functions of the body. And the tea with cinnamon and honey delays the onset of old age if you take it regularly. In old age, you can drink it 3-4 times a day for a quarter cup.
To strengthen the immunity cinnamon is also good, or rather honey with cinnamon.
For skin infections, you can put a mixture of cinnamon and honey in equal amounts to the affected areas. Thus, it is possible to cure fungus, eczema, and other types of skin diseases.
Cinnamon powder is sprinkled on wounds and cuts because cinnamon is an excellent antiseptic that contains natural eugenol anesthetic oil.
You can completely get rid of acne in two weeks by smearing them with a paste of 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for the night. Rinse the paste in the morning with warm water.
For insect bites, you can reduce pain in 1-2 minutes by rubbing the mixture into the bite: add two parts of warm water to one part of honey and one part of cinnamon.
When a toothache on the aching tooth needs to impose a mixture of 1 tsp. cinnamon and 5 tsp honey The pain must subside.
For a pleasant smell from the mouth, gargle with a warm solution of cinnamon honey.
For hair loss, their roots should be lubricated with a mixture of warm olive oil, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tbsp. honey, leaving on the head for 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. The effect is not long in coming.
In diabetes, cinnamon is also healthy, because the most famous property of cinnamon is the ability to reduce blood sugar levels in the blood. This can help only half a teaspoon of cinnamon, taken in the morning.
For cancer of the bones and stomach cancer, daily cinnamon (1 tsp.) With honey (1 tbsp.) Three times a day for a month is very healthy.
Contraindications to the use of cinnamon:
As mentioned above, cinnamon is safe for the body of a healthy person, if used in moderation.
However, it is strictly contraindicated for certain categories of people:
- First of all, pregnant women. This is explained by the fact that cinnamon can provoke uterine contractions, and, as a result, premature birth;
2. Lactation. Nursing mothers cinnamon is also not good, because its taste is transmitted to breast milk;
3. With low blood clotting, cinnamon must be used very carefully, because it dilutes it;
4. Do not recommend using cinnamon and with peptic ulcers (in the acute phase), increased acidity of the stomach;
5. At high temperatures from this seasoning, the patient’s condition can only worsen;
6. Also, be especially careful to be those who have individual intolerance to cinnamon, before eating a large amount of this seasoning, it is desirable to be sure that the body adequately perceives it;
7. Remember that cinnamon can cause an allergic reaction in the form of a skin rash or edema.
Healing and beneficial properties:
Sage has tonic, stimulating, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, bactericidal, astringent, antiseptic, hemostatic, soothing, relaxing, rejuvenating, antipyretic properties.
Spice improves appetite and increases secretion of gastric juice. Sage is an excellent tool in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, and gallbladder. It helps with gastritis, colitis, flatulence. And because of its astringent properties, it helps in the treatment of diarrhea.
Strengthens the immune system, reduces the likelihood of inflammatory processes. It combats infectious and viral diseases, is used to treat colds, tonsillitis, bronchitis, cough, pneumonia, asthma. It is used in inflammatory processes in the gums or larynx: tonsillitis, periodontal disease, pulpitis, stomatitis, etc.
Improves memory, concentration and increases performance
Sage leaves are used in the treatment of diseases of the circulatory system, as well as diseases of the joints, arthrosis, varicose veins.
It is recommended to apply it with increased perspiration in the armpits.
Due to its mild diuretic and disinfecting effect, it is effective in diseases of the urinary tract. Because the hemostatic effect is used for long and heavy periods.
Externally used for skin diseases: psoriasis, eczema, acne, fungal infections of the skin, purulent wounds, boils, burns, frostbite.
Spice has a regenerating and rejuvenating effect on the entire body, contributes to the regeneration of skin cells. Especially useful for women, because it contains such phytohormones, which are similar to estrogen – the hormone of femininity, which is responsible for the effective functioning of the female body.
For elderly people, sage leaves will help strengthen the nervous system, improve memory and strengthen the body as a whole.
Decoction and infusion of sage perfectly strengthen hair follicles, helping to stop hair loss. Broths give shine and shine to hair, relieve dandruff.
Sage essential oil can be added to the aroma lamp. It has a calming and relaxing effect. The fragrance will help relieve tension, stress, headache, help to cope with some nervous diseases, as well as psychological disorders.
Contraindications: reduced thyroid function, acute inflammation of the kidneys, pregnancy, lactation.
Use hypertensives with caution. It is necessary to take breaks with the constant use of sage: it is not recommended to use sage for more than three months in a row.
The beneficial properties of garlic are fully preserved when they are consumed raw and can be used in various forms to create dishes.
For many millennia, scientists and doctors have proven the healing properties of this product, namely:
1. Garlic accelerates the healing process of wounds on the skin, contributes to the early disappearance of various viruses from the human body.
2. Beneficial effect on the work of the heart, contributes to lowering blood pressure, prevents the risk of blood clots and cholesterol.
3. Garlic contributes to the reduction of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, which facilitates the removal of sputum from the body.
4. It prevents the development of cancer cells in those people who often smoke.
5. Scientists have shown that if a smoker eats one head of garlic at least a couple of times a week, the risk of developing cancer will decrease by almost a third.
6. Normalizes the work of the stomach and intestines due to the effect on the muscles of the intestines, which contributes to the proper absorption of food.
7. Favorably affects the work of the sex glands of man, reduces the development of inflammatory processes.
8. Reduces the development of senile dementia due to the fact that garlic is rich in vitamin PP.
9. Effective remedy against parasites (worms) in the human body.
But, no matter how good the garlic is, it can still be harmful to health. Let’s look at the reasons why this product is contraindicated.
Definitely, doctors do not recommend using it:
- pregnant women;
- if you have liver or kidney disease;
- with hypertension;
- with epilepsy;
- people with asthma, stomach ulcers.
Therefore, if you want to preserve your health and not aggravate existing diseases, then you need to limit yourself to garlic.
List of healthy properties of ginger:
- Use ginger for colds. The healthiness of ginger with acute respiratory infections, sore throat, flu due to its warming, anti-inflammatory, and diaphoretic properties.
2. When coughing, bronchitis also use ginger. Cough treatment is more effective if finely chopped roots are brewed and the resulting drink is hot.
3. The widespread use of ginger root for the normal functioning of the digestive tract due to its stimulating and warming properties. It increases appetite, promotes the formation of gastric juice, is used for indigestion, heartburn, belching. Diet with ginger facilitates peptic ulcer disease.
4. It helps with poisoning, digestive disorders. The cleansing properties of ginger root help to rid the body of toxins and poisons.
5. It has a slight laxative property.
6. Ginger helps with allergies, asthma, skin rashes. Ginger neutralizes many poisons and also eliminates the effects of mushroom poisoning.
7. Known healthy properties of ginger to maintain and strengthen the immune system.
8. It has antioxidant properties, helps to preserve youth longer.
9. Ginger improves cerebral circulation, has a positive effect on memory. Strengthens ginger blood vessels, makes them elastic. Ginger is effective in hypertension. There are cases when ginger root helped with atherosclerosis.
10. Using it in small quantities lowers cholesterol. (This fact is described in the work: Furman B, Rosenblat M, T Hayek, Coleman R, Aviram M. Ginger extract reduces plasma cholesterol consumption, inhibits LDL oxidation, and weakens the development of atherosclerosis in atherosclerotic, apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. J Nutr. 2000; 130 (5): 1124-1131.)
11. Many women are well aware of the properties of ginger for weight loss. It speeds up the metabolic processes in the body, thereby helping to actively expend calories.
12. It helps with gynecological problems. Today, ginger infertility treatment is very popular. It improves potency and contributes to better arousal, bright orgasm.
13. Ginger helps pregnant. It allows to cope with toxicosis, eliminates nausea, weakness. However, ginger during pregnancy should be taken very carefully, the question of this should be resolved with your doctor.
14. Ginger is also used for diseases of the joints, arthritis, and arthrosis. It relieves pain during sprains, sprains, helps with rheumatism.
15. Helps ginger against cancer. It is a preventive and preventive measure against neoplasms.
17. Shows ginger’s medicinal properties and in dentistry. It improves the condition of the gums, freshens breath. To do this, chew enough ginger root, whose properties have anti-inflammatory action.
18. Useful ginger for the face. It improves skin condition, relieves irritation, eliminates lethargy of the skin. Ginger beauticians use aromatherapy and extracts used in cosmetics.
20. Normalizes the thyroid gland.
Contraindications and side effects when taking ginger:
Whatever the beneficial properties of this plant, contraindications of ginger, nevertheless, are available. In order not to harm health, it is necessary to learn all about ginger, all available contraindications. Ginger should not be taken with the following diseases and conditions:
- Pregnancy. Caution must be exercised when a woman is expecting a child since ginger and pregnancy are not compatible in the latest terms. Ginger leads to the tone of the uterus, which faces serious complications.
2. Lactation. Since ginger is a spicy seasoning, it is not recommended to use it during breastfeeding, because some spicy substances typical of ginger can get into the milk.
3. A gastric ulcer in acute form.
4. Nonspecific ulcerative colitis.
7. Food reflux.
9. Gastrointestinal diseases.
Studies by American scientists have confirmed that ginger reduces the effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs, which can lead to a rise in blood pressure.
Ginger is also harmful to people who have heart rhythm problems. So, ginger can reduce the effect of drugs that block beta-adrenergic receptors.
Ginger increases the effect of drugs that prevent blood clotting, as well as drugs against diabetes.
If the dosage of taking ginger has been exceeded, negative side effects may occur. They can be expressed in such problems as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, allergies. In this case, the reception of ginger should be stopped or limited.
Medicinal and beneficial properties of mint:
Ancient Greek and Roman scientists also mentioned the benefits of mint and its beneficial effects on the brain.
Mint has a sedative, choleretic, analgesic, antiseptic, and vasodilating effect, is part of many medicines: mint drops from nausea, antispasmodic appetite-stimulating, and activating the secretion of digestive glands.
Menthol, obtained from mint oil, is used for flatulence, angina pectoris, it is part of validol, valocardine, inhafen, olimethin, Zelenin drops, drops, and ointments for rhinitis, pencils for headaches, and other medicines.
As in traditional and traditional medicine, mint is used for colds, throat diseases, vomiting, headaches, depression, insomnia, nervous disorders, stones in the kidneys and liver, as well as in the treatment of asthma, stomach ulcers, atherosclerosis, and diseases of the cardiovascular and digestive systems.
In traditional medicine, mint is used externally for neuralgia and as an antiseptic for inflammatory processes, burns, diseases of the upper respiratory tract, bronchitis, laryngitis, hoarseness, and toothache. Inside – with spasms of the stomach, intestinal and hepatic colic, as well as nausea, diarrhea, heartburn, and as an astringent, antitussive, and sedative with nervous agitation during premenstrual syndrome and menopause.
When used in large quantities, mint can cause deterioration of sleep, heart pain, and decreased libido in men.
Peppermint is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, during pregnancy and lactation, and in children under 5 years old.
Rosemary-like plants are considered owners of numerous beneficial properties for humans:
- dried pinch or a few fresh twigs of the plant can be an excellent antiseptic disinfectant for premises;
2. rosemary decoction and fresh leaves gave people with disorders of the digestive system (including those suffering from the development of a fungal infection in the intestines, colic and irritable bowel syndrome);
3. the introduction of seasoning is recommended for those who suffer from allergies, colds, pharyngitis, and sore throats, asthmatic attacks, and other respiratory diseases (in this case, essential oil vapors are inhaled);
4. rosemary essential oil can increase blood flow to the brain; thus, the concentration of attention increases and memory improves;
recently, the consumption of rosemary in food and inhalation with it is prescribed to cancer patients, people with problems in the work of the heart, diabetes, stroke, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease;
5. rosemary scent helps to improve mood and get rid of depression;
to relieve pain in case of thrombophlebitis, neuritis, parotitis, and rheumatism, ointments and alcohol tinctures are produced for grinding;
6. increasing blood flow and palpitations, may briefly increase blood pressure in case of hypotension;
7. This spice generally rejuvenates the body and even contributes to an increase in potency in men.
No matter how useful the rosemary plant may seem, it is very important to take into account the recurring negative effects of its use:
- hypertensive rosemary is prohibited because of the ability to increase pressure;
2. epileptics should also abandon rosemary in any of its forms, so as not to provoke an attack due to increased mental and emotional activity;
3. seasoning is not recommended for pregnant women (toxicosis often provokes the manifestation of individual intolerance).
The beneficial properties of fennel are that it contains a large number of antioxidants that prevent the development of cancer cells and stop their growth. Also, eating fennel seeds has an anti-inflammatory effect. Use of this product to people who suffer from elevated levels of cholesterol in their vessels will be helpful.
With pneumonia, bronchitis, and hepatitis, eating dishes with the addition of fennel seeds will also be useful. In addition, they are useful for pregnant women in the last stages of pregnancy, since the use of the product improves lactation.
The benefits of fennel seeds are also as follows:
- help in the treatment of stomatitis, pharyngitis, kidney and bladder diseases;
2. elimination of problems with the nervous system;
3. strengthening the immune system in newborns and infants;
4. getting rid of colic, bloating, and flatulence;
5. assistance in dropping excess weight while losing weight.
Regular consumption of fennel seeds helps to normalize metabolism and intestinal function. Also, this product is a diuretic, so it allows you to lower blood pressure.
As for harm, the seeds of fennel can cause it in case of individual intolerance of the product. It is also not recommended to use them in food for people who suffer from diarrhea. Epilepsy is another contraindication, as the intake of fennel seeds for this disease may contribute to the aggravation of the situation.
During pregnancy, it is recommended to consult a doctor before eating fennel seeds.
So, it is known that the plant has a calming and normalizing effect, which has a beneficial effect on the work of the nervous and digestive systems, as well as the skin. Folk recipes, which include oregano seasoning as a component, help with neuroses and depressive conditions, disorders in the sexual sphere, allergic dermatitis, epilepsy, and hypertension. But during pregnancy, oregano seasoning should be categorically excluded, because its use can provoke a miscarriage. There is one more limitation concerning men – the long-term use of oregano in the form of infusions or decoctions may adversely affect the potency. Experts believe that the beneficial properties of oregano will be lost if the spice is heated to a temperature above forty degrees. So, as an additive to tea, this plant is no good, but when cooking it you need to put it at the very end, avoiding heating. If dried oregano is used in cooking, then for medicinal purposes – the essential oil of the plant. For example, South American scientists proved that the antibacterial activity of the carvacrol substance contained in oregano seasoning is much higher than that of synthetic antibiotics. Even the ancients recommended oregano as an excellent sedative to help with headaches.
Given the pronounced and slightly burning taste, it is not recommended to use the spice in large quantities.
In addition, oregano seasoning is also used in the cosmetic as well as in the perfume industry. Essential oil added to lipsticks, colognes, soaps, and toothpaste is also used.