Did you know? Jumping jacks have numerous health benefits! You might have been doing them since childhood. Jumping jacks can be learned easily and quickly. It can be quite fun to do jumping jacks. Jumping jacks need no special gear and are full-body workouts that can be done anytime, anywhere.
Jumping Jack – this exercise, which is a jump with a simultaneous dilution of arms and legs. Jumping Jack is probably the most popular cardio exercise: it is often included in aerobic and interval training. This article will discuss the benefits, effectiveness, features of the proper technique of jumping jacks, as well as options for performing this exercise for beginners and advanced levels.
The following muscles are involved in jumping jacking:
- Biceps hips
- Gluteus maximus muscle
- Leading muscles (inner thigh)
- Abducers (outer thigh)
- Calf muscles
- Deltoid muscles (shoulder muscles)
- The broadest back muscles
- Abdominal muscles
10 benefits of doing Jumping Jack
2. With the help of jumping jacks, you will train your heart muscle, strengthen the cardiovascular system, increase blood circulation.
3. Jumping with a dilution of arms and legs is very convenient to use as a warm-up. They quickly raise the pulse, warm up the body and help stretch the muscles of the legs and arms.
4. To perform this exercise, you do not need additional equipment, it can be performed at home, in the hall, on the street – anywhere.
5. The load and intensity of this exercise are very easily adjusted with the speed of execution. You can increase the frequency of jumps to increase the load and sharply raise the pulse, or you can perform jumps at a slow, gentle pace.
6. This exercise helps to incorporate the muscles in your legs, arms, and abdomen, thereby toning and improving the quality of your body.
7. Jumping jack will help you develop endurance, which means you will be able to withstand longer and more intense loads.
8. Jumping with the dilution of arms and legs have many variations of execution, which will avoid reducing the results from the same load.
9. This exercise is suitable for both beginners and advanced students, while it can always be adjusted to your level of training with the help of additional equipment or modifications.
10. Jumping Jack is an excellent exercise for developing coordination, flexibility, and a sense of balance.
When to do Jumping Jack:
- During warm-ups, to heat the muscles and prepare them for the load
- Instead of running or other aerobic loads
- In circular exercises, in which alternate cardio and strength exercises
- In interval tobacco training sessions and other HIIT training
- After strength training, to train your heart and burn off extra calories
The technique of performing the classic version of Jumping Jack:
1. Initial position – legs are arranged in width of shoulders, arms are lowered along the body;
2. At the expense of a jump, spread your legs to the position of wider shoulders, simultaneously throw your hands to the sides and clap them over your head;
3. On account two, return to the starting position.
However, it is not easy to make this exercise a novice, so there is a simplified version of Jumping Jack.
Jumping Jack Exercise Execution Technique:
In a simplified version of the exercise you can do without jumping:
1. Initial position, as in the above-mentioned variant;
2. Take the step with your right foot to the side, spreading your legs wider than your shoulders, and lift your arms sideways over your head;
3. Return to the starting position;
4. Take a step to the left;
5. Accept the original position.
The technique of implementing a complicated version of the Jumping Jack exercise:
In the complicated version, an additional jump with legs is planned:
1. Initial position, as in the above-mentioned variants;
2. At the expense of time, spread your legs toward the jump and tie hands over your head with cotton;
3. At the expense of two make another jump in place and the second cotton;
4. Take the entry into account three.
Jumping Jack: 10 different modifications
1. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet with cross-breeding
2. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet back and forth
3. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet in a narrow squat
4. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet in a wide squat
5. Jumping with legs up and down
6. Jumping with arms and legs with bouncing (lightweight version)
7. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet in the semi-seater
8. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet standing + in a bar
9. Jumping with breeding feet with a dumbbell
10. Jumping with the breeding of hands and feet with a fitness elastic
What to look for:
- When landing, the knees remain soft and slightly bent
- The movements of the hands should be amplitude
- The abdomen is tense and tightened, the back is straight, the look looks forward
- Jumping should be soft and springy
- Jump on socks to reduce the impact load
- Run Jumping Jack only in sneakers!
- Do not hold your breath
Perform the Jumping Jack exercise at a comfortable pace for you 20-30 times, repeat 2-3 steps. You can accelerate or slow down by adjusting the load throughout your exercise. Gradually increase the number of repetitions or quality of approaches.
Contraindications for Jumping Jack:
- Pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Problems with knee joints
- Problems of the locomotor system
- Cardiovascular system problems
- Varicose veins
- Lots of extra weight
- Injuries to the legs and shoulders
- Postoperative period
If you have contraindications, you can use a lightweight (low-impact) exercise option.
How to do the Jumping-Jack exercise is already clear. The general technique is usually assimilated quickly. However, despite the exterior lightness, there are a lot of nuances here. It is necessary to observe them obtain a correct physical result.
- Observe the pace of the exercise. He must be fast, constant. If a hitch happens, it is better to stop and start first. You can use music or an account to help control breathing and rhythm.
- When jumping, do not bend your back and do not slouch. The back should be straight. Hold your hands up. A sight to maintain equilibrium should be directed forward. The feet for stability can be slightly divided.
- If the exercise is performed in several approaches, the interval of rest should not exceed minutes. If it takes more time, it can adversely affect the heart rate.
- Also, before practicing the Jumping-jack exercise, it is necessary to slightly stiffen the body, in particular the ankle, knee, and shoulder joints.
- To perform this exercise should be in comfortable clothes without costume jewelry, ornaments. It is important to observe maximum comfort and freedom so that nothing rumbles with the rhythm.
- Exercise “Jumping-Jack” is recommended to perform before eating for half an hour or an hour. After its practice, it is necessary to feel a little bit so that the heart rate rises normally. It is allowed to drink some water.
- Under no circumstances do not sit down and do not fall after training. This recommendation applies to all types of active exercises.
- “Jumping Jack” charges the body with vigor and allows you to save the tonus until the very evening. Therefore, the perfect time for his practice is in the morning. Moderate physical exercises can cause insomnia before bedtime.
- And, of course, the positive attitude of the training is very important. It gives lightness to the body and confidence in their abilities. The loads should be reasonable, in accordance with the state of health and body features.