Why do you need breakfast at all?
Here we must start with another question – why do you even want to stick to health? Surely, to be healthy, energetic, vigorous, and losing weight here is not the last reason. So, remember: without breakfast, it is impossible neither to lose weight nor maintain an adequate level of energy.
It is the first meal that gives the necessary charge, starts all metabolic processes. Yes, indeed, for the sake of truth, it must be said that it is possible to obtain nutrients during the day, but it is impossible to start the metabolism later!
So, what are the advantages of those who eat breakfast:
- it is proved that the breakfast person has a metabolism at least 5% faster;
- early eating prevents the formation of blood clots, the occurrence of hypertensive diseases, heart attacks, strokes and even diabetes mellitus;
- rich breakfast – almost a guarantee that you will not eat in the evening;
- women that do not eat in the morning, every year gain extra 3-5 kg;
- the intellect of those who never skip meals in the morning is 10-15% higher, and if you haven’t had breakfast yet but decided to make it a habit to eat in the morning, then you can count on improving the capabilities of the brain!
And in general, it’s so cool to start the day by pampering yourself with some healthy snack!
Naturally, the benefits of eating in the morning will be felt only if you use healthy recipes, breakfasts from prohibited foods are meaningless.
When is the right time to have a breakfast?
We now turn to more specific data – at what time, in what quantity and with what data on calories should be the first meal.
Nutritionists almost unanimously believe that eating in the morning should be no sooner than 30 minutes and no later than 2 hours after waking up.
Moreover, each breakfast with healthy ingredients begins with a glass of water. You can eat in 20 minutes.
The caloric content of the first meal should be about 25% of the total.
That is, if your rate is 1800-2000 kcal, then in the morning, use 350-400 kcal.
At the same time try to adhere to the norm of volumes – about 300 ml of the main dish and not more than 200 ml of any drink.
By the way, what to eat for breakfast with proper nutrition, is easier to solve than to answer the question what to drink. Coffee, as you know, it is better to exclude. In the extreme case – freshly brewed from ground grains, of course, without sugar. Teas, decoctions, herbal or fruit infusions are allowed.
Do not confuse: milk and liquid dairy products (kefir, ryazhenka, yoghurts, whey, etc.) relate more to food than to drinks. Keep this in mind when compiling the menu.
What you should not eat in the morning ?
Breakfast recipes for good nutrition are very diverse, but choosing them, remember the forbidden options.
It is clear that proper nutrition is breakfast, lunch and dinner, where there are no hazards in the menu, that is, sugar, wheat flour, canned, smoked, pickled and other products.
It’s all clear. But even if you buy everything exclusively from an ideally made list, and you have nothing harmful in the refrigerator or on the shelves, please note that not everything can be eaten in the morning.
There is no categorical prohibition, but still breakfast options with proper nutrition are better not to include:
- yogurt or other dairy products that have not been heat treated. They provoke excessive acid production in an empty stomach – this is harmful;
- citrus fruits are also undesirable to eat on an empty stomach – and acid is not needed, and the high risk of allergic reactions;
- bananas should be left for snacks or lunch – they have a lot of magnesium, which the body needs at lunch, but in the morning the reserves of this substance are normal, that is, you can even upset the balance;
- many nutritionists and against cottage cheese in the morning, they say, they don’t really digest it, but I personally think that cottage cheese is never superfluous, especially since I don’t eat cottage cheese for breakfast – I make oatmeal with a little addition or I think of some healthy and tasty breakfast with oatmeal pancake.
Nutritionists have analyzed the research of scientists from different countries and made their ranking of the best products for breakfast. According to experts, breakfast should be light, but at the same time give vigor and energy for the whole day.
Based on this, nutritionists have compiled a list of staples for breakfast:
- scrambled eggs or omelet
- oatmeal with the addition of fruit or dried fruit
- muesli filled with juice or milk
- buckwheat porridge with milk
- fruit salad
- vegetable salad with greens
- cottage cheese with fruit
- whole wheat bread
- low calorie cheese
The idea of porridge with milk was supported by almost all scientists. They believe that for breakfast, any liquid food is the most beneficial, and even better – soups. They are absorbed faster and do not provoke heaviness in the stomach. And here about other points of the “useful list” among the experts, a controversy flared up. Some nutritionists say that ready-made breakfasts – muesli, cereals, instant cereals – contain a lot of sugar, as well as artificial additives.
Yogurt is also called useless for breakfast – according to experts, the beneficial bacteria, once in the aggressive environment of a hungry stomach, quickly collapse, and the benefits to the intestines simply do not reach. In this case, yogurt is better to add to the cottage cheese with fruit. The nutritionists agree with the rest of the points and made up the menu for the week.
RULES OF HEALTHY BREAKFAST
According to nutritionists, during breakfast, women should get 2/3 of carbohydrates per day, 1/5 of fat and 1/3 of protein.
1. Carbohydrates are better to choose slow, contained in cereals, any vegetables, fruits and dairy products.
2. Do not do without fiber, creating a feeling of a full stomach. It is very useful for the digestive system. A sufficient amount of fiber is found in fruits and vegetables, oatmeal and bran bread.
3. For a long time, the protein food can dull the feeling of hunger. The best sources of it are eggs, fish, mushrooms, meat, beans and nuts. Any of the listed foods can be included in the healthy breakfast.
4. If we talk about fats, they should be unsaturated. Such fats are found in avocados, various vegetable oils and almonds.
Try to eat for breakfast a variety of foods, no matter how great the temptation is to steam the porridge from the bag, alternate it with sandwiches, muesli, eggs, fish and other products. Needless to say that a cup of coffee, though it charges you with vigor, but still such a breakfast will not be allowed without the addition.
If you do not have time to cook a delicious and healthy breakfast
in the morning, you can do this in the evening.
Before you start cooking your favorite dishes, you should pay attention to two simple but effective rules that will save you time.
1.Make a menu in advance. Nothing helps to save precious time in modern society, as the ability to plan. Thinking through the meal plan for breakfast in advance (best for the week ahead), you can make your food varied, and therefore more useful and tasty.
2. Prepare the kitchen for battle in advance. The cooking time of many dishes in the morning can be reduced if you prepare for this process in the evening. For example, put plates, cups, forks on the table, pour tea in a teapot or coffee in a coffee machine. These simple actions will save you some time, which is so lacking in the morning.
Which breakfast to choose: carbohydrate or protein?
If we talk about the types of healthy morning meals and what should be a breakfast with proper nutrition, then they can be divided into carbohydrate and protein.
Breakfast example of the proper nutrition of carbohydrate species:
- buckwheat healthy pancakes;
- dietary oat pancakes;
- oatmeal with dried fruits or berries;
- any healthy cereal for breakfast, for example, boiled buckwheat in the water, which you can add a handful of raisins to taste.
Such delicious breakfasts of good nutrition are well charged with energy, saturate for a long time, well satisfy the feeling of hunger.
Protein variants look no less tasty:
- cottage cheese and strawberry mousse;
- cottage cheese soufflé;
- any healthy breakfast from eggs – an omelet from proteins with vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, etc .;
- diet patties from minced chicken.
Any protein breakfast meal is an option that athletes especially like, particularly when they are on the dryer.
If in the morning there is protein, then you can not worry about the catabolism of muscle mass.
In my understanding, the answer to the question of what to eat for breakfast with proper nutrition, one is to choose such recipes, where there will be both proteins and complex carbohydrates. That’s when the metabolism is normal, and the liver is not shocked by the excess protein in the morning, and the energy mass.
Oatmeal in the bank
Healthy and quick breakfast can be prepared in the evening. We put oatmeal, yogurt, any berries, fruit into a glass jar and send it to the fridge.
Oatmeal with peanut butter
Prepare the oatmeal, add the sliced 1 medium banana. Top pour 1 tbsp. l melted peanut butter. Very tasty, and most importantly – quickly.
Take 1 cup of millet, 500 ml of milk, 1 tbsp. l butter, sugar, salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring slowly. At the end of cooking add butter, salt, sugar. Serve with jam, jam, honey.
Take the bran bread (whole grain), cut into pieces (the form according to your desire). In a deep bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and salt. Soak the bread in this mixture and fry in a skillet. In addition, you can put on the top fish,some greens or just to add pinut butter. Of course, you can eat it with other ingredients which you think it might be good.
Brew buckwheat with boiling water in a thermos, leave overnight. In the morning – a warm and healthy breakfast is ready!
Sandwich with egg
Wisk 2 eggs, add 1 tsp. red ground pepper. Fry in a pan. Cut the bun into 2 pieces, roast the slices. Put the fried eggs between the halves. This quick sandwich is a good source of protein.
Omelet with bacon
Wisk 4 egg whites, add 50g grated cheese and 1 slice of bacon. Fry in a pan. After such a meal you will feel full for a long time.
Beat 2 eggs with a whisk until smooth. Add 1,2 tbsp of milk, salt, spices. Whisk again. Melt 20g of butter in the pan. Pour in the egg mixture, and cook on medium or low heat, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with chopped herbs
Porridge in a multicooker
Prefer to start your day with cereal, but do not have time to cook it? Then use the benefits of modern technology. Pour in the evening in a slow cooker wheat, corn, rice or other porridge, pour milk with water (the ratio of porridge and liquid – 1: 3), add salt, sugar and seasoning to taste – everything, the rest will be done by the slow cooker. In the morning a hot and healthy breakfast will be waiting for you.
Eggs in avocado
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut the avocado in half, remove the bone and 2 tablespoons of pulp from each half.Pour the egg in avocado halves, add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and garnish with greens.Cook a healthy breakfast in the oven for 20-22 minutes.
Put the cottage cheese in a deep bowl and break an egg to it. Stir until smooth.Add flour. From the resulting dough, make cheesecakes.Fry them on low heat on both sides until golden brown under a closed lid for 5-7 minutes on each side.Put on a plate, decorate as desired.
Information was taken from: