I guess, everybody gonna agree that swimming is really healthy in it`s own way, also it is fun)
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move the whole your body against the resistance of the water.
The facts,why it worth to try:
- it keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body;
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness;
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs;
- tones muscles and builds strength;
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming;
- it is good for being relaxing and it is peaceful form of exercise;
- alleviating stress;
- improving coordination, balance and posture;
- improving flexibility;
- providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions;
- providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day;
- being available in many places- you can swim in swimming pools, beaches, lakes, dams and rivers. Make sure that environment you choose to swim in is safe.
Well, getting started in swimming is easy. It is a sport for all age groups, skill and fitness levels.
If you decided to give it a chance, so choose a safe environment. Warm up and stretch your muscles and joints before entering the water.
Do not overdo it if you are a beginner, it is not only about swimming, it is about all kinds of sport.
Finally, another advice, see your doctor if you have not exercised for a long time.