I guess, everybody gonna agree that swimming is really healthy in its own way, also it is fun)
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move the whole body against the resistance of the water.
The facts, why it is worth trying:
- it keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body;
- builds endurance, muscle strength, and cardiovascular fitness;
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart, and lungs;
- tones muscles and builds strength;
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming;
- it is good for being relaxing and it is a peaceful form of exercise;
- alleviating stress;
- improving coordination, balance, and posture;
- improving flexibility;
- providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions;
- providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day;
- being available in many places- you can swim in swimming pools, beaches, lakes, dams, and rivers. Make sure that environment you choose to swim in is safe.
Do not overdo it if you are a beginner, it is not only about swimming, it is about all kinds of sport.
Finally, another piece of advice, see your doctor if you have not exercised for a long time.